PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to adjust Tein coilovers?

JapanExpress
04-09-2004, 09:41 PM
And how long does it take?

I'm considering getting the Basics for my car. Anyone have them and regret it?

LiLxKeNnY
04-09-2004, 10:35 PM
very good choice ... i hav it and i love it hahah ... very easy to adjust ... jus pop off the wheel and raise and lower instantly

bobdobbs
04-09-2004, 11:41 PM
No need to remove the wheels to adjust: Jack up the front and turn the wheels to get clearance. The rears are a little harder to reach, but also, no reason to remove the wheels. You can get to the spring seats from under the car. It's an EASY 30 minute job.

Gs02SiR
04-10-2004, 05:57 AM
How much modification does this setup require to install?

I remember reading back in the day that you need to drill larger holes?? Just curious.

THanks
G

EricP3
04-10-2004, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Gs02SiR
How much modification does this setup require to install?

I remember reading back in the day that you need to drill larger holes?? Just curious.

THanks
G
I'm pretty sure that the Basics don't need any modification, but I could be wrong. I think bobdobbs has the basics; can you confirm this? The SS coilovers are the ones that need modification. If im not mistaken all you have to do it cut one little piece off, but again I could be wrong. ;)

bobdobbs
04-10-2004, 08:41 AM
I have SS, which need their bolt holes enlarged to 16 mm for install in an EP3. Nothing needs to be cut off. The Basics don't need modification and are mostly identical to the SS, except the SS has adjustable dampers (and 14mm bolt holes).

Gs02SiR
04-10-2004, 05:04 PM
I imagine this question is going to have a pretty easy answer, but how does the effect the return of the stock suspension.

Damn, I feel like I have been asking suspension questions for a year!

Thanks
G - sorry to jack your thread.

sd_ep3
04-11-2004, 12:56 PM
i have tein ss and they are the shiet!!! in regards to adjusting them are hella easy. no brainer.:shockm: