PDA

View Full Version : OEM seats lower and farther back?

siver-SI
04-10-2004, 07:19 AM
Well I am getting my EP done to how I am liking it and changing some thinks as I go, but the one thing I want to change I can figure out how to do. What I would like is to get my seat to go back a little farther and to see if I can get it to go a little lower. The reason is that a little more leg room would be great, and when I auto X my helmet is going to be hitting the roof. I just realy love the look and feel or are seats and I just can no see paying big $ into new seats and rails for just for a few inches of room.

IIx 03 EP xII
04-10-2004, 11:12 AM
im no expert, but i would think getting custom rails made would help out? and mount them farther back or something? i dont know, but i do know that the s2000 seats sit alot lower than our stock seats, so thats an option. i dont know about how far back they slide though.

siver-SI
04-10-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
im no expert, but i would think getting custom rails made would help out? and mount them farther back or something? i dont know, but i do know that the s2000 seats sit alot lower than our stock seats, so thats an option. i dont know about how far back they slide though.

Yea I know I will need a new rail most lickly. I just do not know were to get one or if anyone does.

ConeCrazy02
04-10-2004, 09:30 PM
I been wanting to get some del sol seats, they're low. You can probably find for 100.

dsj
04-26-2004, 08:48 AM
I have searched all over the forum (and google), and I can't find anything that indicates an easy way to lower our factory seats. I love my EP3, and would say it is perfect, except that I would like about 1/2 - 1 inch additional headroom. My hair brushes the headliner which drives me nuts. I don't want to replace the seats or do any major mods, I just want a little more headroom.