PDA

View Full Version : ACT Street Clutch kit + Prolite Flywheel

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-10-2004, 09:42 AM
EDIT: Do NOT order from www.slowboyracing.com

Slow Boy Racing SUCKS!

April 10th I called them about an ACT clutch and flywheel. I asked if they had it in stock and they said no, they only stock DSM products, but they checked w/ their supplier and told me their supplier DID have it in stock. So I placed the order, expecting my stuff in a few days considering they're in PA and I'm in NJ.

Almost a MONTH later I have nothing.

Now, when I called on Friday 3/23 they said my merchandise had been shipped straight from ACT and I'd have it by Wednesday 3/28.
My stuff did not arrive on weds, thurs, friday, or saturday, so I called today (monday) and was told that it's STILL on backorder for at least another 2 weeks! WTF!!
So I called ACT myself and they said they don't know when it will be ready because the raw materials are not even currently available (from japan) and they said they cant guarantee a date it will be ready.

So I asked SBR to refund my purchase and they said they would have to charge me a $60 "re-stocking fee" if I cancel my order...
How can you re-stock an item that is on backorder?

I'm usually more than willing to work with a business if problems arrive but NOT WHEN YOU FLAT OUT LIE TO ME! Do NOT tell me its shipped and give me an arrival date if it's still on backorder!

So, I asked them again nicely to refund in full my purchase and they refused, and said they would HAVE to charge me a 10% restocking fee ($60!!) "to cover their asses with ACT". Now when I called ACT today, I asked the woman about this fee and she told me that ACT does NOT charge their sellers to cancel an order for a backordered item, so that was LIE #2!

So I told SBR that I was going to dispute the charge w/ my credit card company and post my experience on all the forums I'm a member of if they refused to give me a complete refund.

They STILL refused.

So here's my story....enjoy.

STP03BlueSI
04-10-2004, 09:45 AM
wow congrats on the good deal!:D

dj addicted
04-10-2004, 10:59 AM
wow.. take pics when you are installing everything... sounds like a great deal!

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Friggin' ACT...clutch is on backorder...
They say only until the 19th though...
We shall see...

dj addicted
04-15-2004, 12:35 PM
that blows... I hate it when they advertise that they have something and AFTER you pay for it.. they tell you its on backorder

Gango
04-15-2004, 02:34 PM
Question?

I just got a clutchmasters with a type s flywheel..it is such a big difference in the EP. I heard a lot of good stuff about the act cause I have in my eclipse but the pedal is so hard when you press the clutch as it almost breaks your ankle, and that is why i didint get an ACT. but that is only in my eclipse.

When any of you do install it let me know how it feels in the ep, but i am more than happy with my clutchmasters. Superb

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-15-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Gango
Question?

I just got a clutchmasters with a type s flywheel..it is such a big difference in the EP. I heard a lot of good stuff about the act cause I have in my eclipse but the pedal is so hard when you press the clutch as it almost breaks your ankle, and that is why i didint get an ACT. but that is only in my eclipse.

When any of you do install it let me know how it feels in the ep, but i am more than happy with my clutchmasters. Superb

you mustve had the extreme pressure plate...

good luck with that clutchbastards...my stage 3 was a P.O.S and slipped after a month of breaking it in ....

!@#$%
04-16-2004, 05:13 AM
I thought we needed the type s pressure plate as well....

So we only need the type s clutch and flywheel application to use with our pressure plate? Basically, just order the rsx-s stuff?

i understand adam has a k20a2. I'm reffering to the other 4,500 here.

fsugatorbait
04-16-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by !@#$%
I thought we needed the type s pressure plate as well....

So we only need the type s clutch and flywheel application to use with our pressure plate? Basically, just order the rsx-s stuff?

i understand adam has a k20a2. I'm reffering to the other 4,500 here.

the clutch kit will come with the pressure plate, you just need to make sure that the clutch/flywheel setup that you use is for the same applicaiton. Type S or si, doesnt make a difference in the A3 tranny.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-16-2004, 07:21 AM
Nobody makes a clutch specifically for the K20A3.
What you need to do is buy a Type-S or Type-R Flywheel whether it be stock or aftermarket, and then buy the K20A/K20A2 Clutch of your choice.
You *need* a Type-S or Type-R flywheel to install a new clutch in your K20A3 trans, unless you buy a OEM ep clutch.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-03-2004, 01:44 PM
DO NOT ORDER FROM SLOWBOYRACING.COM!!

See original post for details.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: