PDA

View Full Version : Collapsed ball joints...?

adrew
04-10-2004, 10:09 AM
I was at the dealer getting an oil change/tire rotation this morning. They told me that there was white grease all over the inside of both front rims and that both ball joints had collapsed--and to come in Monday to have it fixed.

Anyone else had this problem? Is it common? The car only has 9000 miles on it and is totally stock. Seems kinda strange to me, as I've never had any suspension problems with my previous cars, nor have any of my family members.

The car lives a pretty easy life. I'm a gentle driver and just about all the mileage is interstate.

Thanks,
Adam

siver-SI
04-10-2004, 10:26 AM
That is weird. Just want to make sure they are covering this under warrenty right?

adrew
04-10-2004, 11:28 AM
I assume so. I'll be damned if I'm paying for any repairs on a six month old car! ;)

FCobra94
04-10-2004, 08:36 PM
Yeah, definitly make sure that is covered under warranty!

When I was installing my double x-brace a little while back, I noticed a ton of grease on the inside of my passenger side wheel; it turns out that the CV boot had tore, for one reason or another :(

Took it into Honda and they replaced the entire axle for me under warranty, instead of just the boot, just to be on the safe side.

Mine might have been caused because of wheel hop (I'm assuming) because I'm not too hard on the car either, but you never know :p

Good luck and let us know how things turn out! :)