PDA

View Full Version : Cybernation's Return Fuel system

Centexsi
04-10-2004, 05:15 PM
What all is included in the return fuel system that comes with the cybernation kit. An fmu, inline pump and what else? Could someone post a detailed parts list and pics of the parts underhood. The reason I am asking is I have the rev hard kit w/ just the piggy back. I am looking to figure out a way to tune it somehow without throwing the cash down for hondata just yet. Boost Junkie? Any help here? I was wondering how much it would cost for a BM + safc II and return line and if the guardian ( or hondata ) would run better with or without a return line. Wish I would of bought a cybernation kit, but I didnt have enough for it at the time and im paying for it now. Nothing but props to you guys for your kits and tuning.

jdmpwr
04-10-2004, 09:46 PM
There is no need for a return line on the turbo set-up for a ep unless making over 500whp, it is a ghetto rig in my opinion. Look at the SFP kit's there running stock fuel system into the 300hp range no problem. It's all aobut tuning and the cybernation is a bandaid for tuning, NOT a fix!!!!!!!!! The reason why honda does that is to get LEV 2 rating on ther vehicles(it controls evaporative emissions), thus the computer needs more procise fuel management for the motors demands under load. So cybernation tries to trick the ECU(with the black box) and force more fuel to the rail and the unused fuel back to the tank. which does nothing that you cant do with more procise fuel management to the engine under load without a return line!!!! It's like why give a growing baby more food then he needs, all he is gonna do is spit what he doesnt want back out. Why not just give him just what he needs. Instead of forcing food down his throught that he cant use.

Centexsi
04-10-2004, 10:46 PM
So with hondata (pro) you would be fine on 7-9 psi with 440's and no return line? Assuming good tuning etc.

Boost Junkie
04-11-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by jdmpwr
There is no need for a return line on the turbo set-up for a ep unless making over 500whp, it is a ghetto rig in my opinion. Look at the SFP kit's there running stock fuel system into the 300hp range no problem. It's all aobut tuning and the cybernation is a bandaid for tuning, NOT a fix!!!!!!!!! The reason why honda does that is to get LEV 2 rating on ther vehicles(it controls evaporative emissions), thus the computer needs more procise fuel management for the motors demands under load. So cybernation tries to trick the ECU(with the black box) and force more fuel to the rail and the unused fuel back to the tank. which does nothing that you cant do with more procise fuel management to the engine under load without a return line!!!! It's like why give a growing baby more food then he needs, all he is gonna do is spit what he doesnt want back out. Why not just give him just what he needs. Instead of forcing food down his throught that he cant use.

Actually the reason for the return line is due to the inline pump. If you are running an inline pump in addition to the in-tank pump you must have a return line. If you do not, the pressure on the rail will cause the car to flood especially with large injectors. You must have a way of returning the fuel to the tank. The reason that we used the return line has NOTHING to do with our Black Box.

I don't understand what you mean by "needs more procise fuel management"? The ECU handles the fuel delivery. It says when to spray and when not to spray. I don't think that you can get anymore precise than that. Also, you will need a return line way before 500hp. Haven

trk
04-11-2004, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Boost Junkie
[B]Actually the reason for the return line is due to the inline pump. If you are running an inline pump in addition to the in-tank pump you must have a return line. If you do not, the pressure on the rail will cause the car to flood especially with large injectors. You must have a way of returning the fuel to the tank. The reason that we used the return line has NOTHING to do with our Black Box.

I don't understand what you mean by "needs more procise fuel management"? The ECU handles the fuel delivery. It says when to spray and when not to spray. I don't think that you can get anymore precise than that. Also, you will need a return line way before 500hp. Haven

jdmpwr
04-11-2004, 12:53 PM
Cybernation puts a inline pump in to build more fuel pressure to the rail to feed the demand of the motor but the pump isnt controlled via the ecu like the stock oem pump is.

So why no fuel pressure regulator in line??? only a fmu???
how do you regulate fuel then??? I have watched one of your kits drop off mad fuel pressure under load with the inline pump, one of the reasons why is cause you have nothing on the return side(fuel pressure regulator) building up a small amount of pressure to keep fuel back at the rail.

If you are running an inline pump in addition to the in-tank pump you must have a return line-Not really as long as you have a good fuel management set-up.

If you do not, the pressure on the rail will cause the car to flood especially with large injectors. You must have a way of returning the fuel to the tank-Not unless the fuel injector hits it max duty cycle, or you have one hell of a leaky injector.

The ECU handles the fuel delivery-for a stock fuel system that is NA not forced induction, it does, the computer doesn't know the motor has a turbo kit on it.

SFP doesnt use a subinjector.

the funny thing is why does GM run there test ecotec motors, race motors(returnless fuel system also)with out a return line too???
they use one big pump to feed fuel to the rail and use a digital fmu to control fuel under boost!!!!!!!!!!!! Hence no return line needed.

Boost Junkie
04-11-2004, 01:22 PM
weell first of all you can run 500 hp with a returnless fuel system, I live in MI and have talked to the designer of the ecotec chevy motor(also returnless) and they have inhouse motors that are running strictly one pump to the rail and no return and there tune on there fuel management that they are using seems to work out fine.

Well I guess I should rephrase what I was saying. You can run 500hp with out a return system. However, you will have to have some very large injectors to handle the amount of fuel that will be needed as well as at least an upgraded in-tank pump. Running smaller injectors changes things considerably.

Cybernation puts an inline pump in to build more fuel pressure to the rail to feed the demand of the motor but the pump isn

Boost Junkie
04-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by trk
Thanks for the correct info.

Hows the Guardian EI coming? any more info on the date of release?

Guardian EI is coming along great. We are just waiting on the NDA's from the Beta Testers and will be sending it out for field testing. We will make sure to let everyone know how it goes.

Most-Wanted
04-12-2004, 05:28 PM
I(SFP kit) have been using 440cc injectors and no return line and the system seems to work well. Read my post tonight on 550cc injectors. Yup, we are going up even bigger.