PDA

View Full Version : Need new ecu

03BlueEp
04-10-2004, 07:58 PM
I have an 03 ep and i really need a new ecu and i really cant afford the hondata ecu does any have any ideas what i can do and where i can get one with a better power band and a much higher rev limiter

Siman
04-10-2004, 08:13 PM
your out of luck bro.

the only ECU systems out for our K20 series motors are the Hondata K-pro for $1000 bucks ( unlimited tuning potential) and the regular hondata for $600 or less...( i have seen it for $550 shipped).

and the TODA ecu upgrade, that is ONLY purchased with their engine kit.

mugen nor spoon has made a ecu upgrade yet.

Its alot harder in my mind to tune the new ECU's. they are super theft deterent, and all new codes take time to break....plus we have the new CVTC (continuosly variable cam timing) which takes alot of tuning to get right...

I am just going to do the type-s head swap with the type-s ecu. alot more potential to dollar ratio....or just get teh whole type-s motor swap.;)

any other questions....just ask.:D

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-10-2004, 08:27 PM
you could always pay JET $300 to install one of their stickers on your ECU. :confused:

myeverlovinsir
04-10-2004, 08:48 PM
Siman, I would add that with the VTC, this is the major, and I mean major source of tunning instability and frustration for being able to gauge how your maps are configured. Ignition and fuel are probably the easiest maps to configure, assuming the cam angles are static. To me the cam angles seem somewhat of a black art and have found that playing with them is exponentially more difficult than just adding or subracting fuel or ignition. All maps are intertwined and are not an easy thing to develope. One example of what I have tried...

I moved the cam angle in the 4k rpm range to 45 degrees, for pressures over 800 bar, more overlap at WOT.
I first started to add fuel with the new cam angle to compensate for the lean A/F. This not only incurs more fuel and advanced timing but also requires consideration for manifold air pressure, the RPM, vtec engagement (high lobes) and it requires a dyno to show accurate results in fuel/air and load. Tuning with the K-Pro is a powerful thing, however it is not an easy thing to learn, especially when you have a hybrid engine. I have taken some baby steps, but think it's in the right direction and still have much to learn.

Siman
04-10-2004, 09:15 PM
LOL. I was thinking on Nissan level there...CVTC=VTC

03BlueEp
04-10-2004, 10:47 PM
yea this may sound stupid but a friend of mine said that i could use the type s ecu and get it re-flashed through honda is that true or will that not work??

the JigGa mAn
04-10-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by 03BlueEp
yea this may sound stupid but a friend of mine said that i could use the type s ecu and get it re-flashed through honda is that true or will that not work??

i dont think itll work...if you did use a type s ecu you would prolly end up with a damaged motor

DavidT
04-11-2004, 12:05 PM
You can use a Type S ECU but if you get it reflashed by a Honda dealer they're probably going to flash it with a stock EP3 program anyway so you're ending up with the same ECU. Or if they reprogram the ECU to your immobilizer, a Type S ECU will actually slow you down a lot because our VTEC is a different system than the Type S's VTEC. Your only way out is Hondata and trust me if n/a is your thing Hondata is worth every penny.

the JigGa mAn
04-11-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by DavidT
You can use a Type S ECU but if you get it reflashed by a Honda dealer they're probably going to flash it with a stock EP3 program anyway so you're ending up with the same ECU. Or if they reprogram the ECU to your immobilizer, a Type S ECU will actually slow you down a lot because our VTEC is a different system than the Type S's VTEC. Your only way out is Hondata and trust me if n/a is your thing Hondata is worth every penny.

lol ...yeah what i said but with more words :D

TrippZ
04-11-2004, 12:21 PM
lets put it this way.. if i had $600, i wouldnt have $600... becuase i'd buy hondata right away

!@#$%
04-11-2004, 12:44 PM
i/h/e + hondata will make you smile.

I know it works on me.

oogy-boogy
04-12-2004, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by !@#$%
i/h/e + hondata will make you smile.

I know it works on me.

Yupper....nice little mod :)