PDA

View Full Version : Forced to get rid of the Si and bought a Type S

DyNastySi
04-11-2004, 07:04 AM
First off let me say that I would never trade the Ep in for a Type S. I loved my ep more and more everyday. Problem is, is that my sister had juss gotten her license and she needs a car to drive. The ep was bought under my dads name as a gift for me so I have no say in if I want to keep it or not. So yesterday we went out and I closed the deal on an 04 Type S. It basically feels like I paid 20k for an engine upgrade. No regrets tho its an excellent car. So anyway, I have to go trade in the ep for a car for my sister. What would you say is a good trade for the ep? It has to be fairly new and under 15k. Right now Im feelin the looks of the Mazda 3, and I like the way the new civic coupes are styled.

phatsi
04-11-2004, 07:31 AM
man, go for the mazda 3s sedan....it took one for a spin and it is a very solid safe feeling car that has a lot of extras and is great handling right out of the box....she would love it....good luck and what color type S did you get.....:D

k20hatch
04-11-2004, 07:35 AM
So your saying she doesnt want to just take the Si? Why doesnt she just do that?

redronin22
04-11-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by DyNastySi
First off let me say that I would never trade the Ep in for a Type S. I loved my ep more and more everyday. Problem is, is that my sister had juss gotten her license and she needs a car to drive. The ep was bought under my dads name as a gift for me so I have no say in if I want to keep it or not. So yesterday we went out and I closed the deal on an 04 Type S. It basically feels like I paid 20k for an engine upgrade. No regrets tho its an excellent car. So anyway, I have to go trade in the ep for a car for my sister. What would you say is a good trade for the ep? It has to be fairly new and under 15k. Right now Im feelin the looks of the Mazda 3, and I like the way the new civic coupes are styled.

Wait i dont get the situation here....
Your dad wants to get rid of Your EP, and give that money to your sister for a new car? Then he wants to buy you a brand new car? talk about being spoiled can i join your family???

Adubb
04-11-2004, 08:01 AM
if she's getting a new car anyway.. why doesnt he just let u keep the SI and let her get something? i dont get it...:confused:

k20hatch
04-11-2004, 08:08 AM
why doesnt he just let u keep the SI and let her get something? i dont get it...

Ya thats what im saying, i take the si for my first car in a heart beat!

BarracksSi
04-11-2004, 08:45 AM
If you HAD to get a new car, why didn't you get an 04 Si (or even an 03 that they couldn't sell yet)?

The RSX-S is cool, yeah, but I don't see why the EP had to leave your hands anyway. Should've bought it away from you parents.

SiR Medic
04-11-2004, 09:11 AM
The ep was bought under my dads name as a gift for me so I have no say in if I want to keep it or not.

:rolleyes:

Quit yer whining you spoiled little...

Let me get this straight... You give YOUR CAR to your sister, who then trades it in on a new car.

Now, did YOU buy the RSX Type-S, or did your dad buy it for you? If he paid for it... No sympathy at all from me.

So now, the EP will be traded in (losing a lot of $$ in the process) on a new car for your spoiled sister.

Sounds like your father has more money than brains.

ep3hatchattack
04-11-2004, 09:24 AM
needed to sell it.........or secretly wanted to due to the opportunity and dont wanna admit it here on ephatch....... but want trade in info prices........:rolleyes:

$10 says that we got to clubrsx and see dynastyrsx, and he's sayin how much better the type S is that the Si lol.......

jk :)

ace
04-11-2004, 10:47 AM
i like both, but for now, i love my ep3!!!!!

Adubb
04-11-2004, 10:58 AM
i'd rather have a type s.. as a matter of fact.. i'll trade you if you want! my 03 si.. for ur type s.. cya

the JigGa mAn
04-11-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Adubb
i'd rather have a type s.. as a matter of fact.. i'll trade you if you want! my 03 si.. for ur type s.. cya

then why didnt you buy one?

Adubb
04-11-2004, 11:18 AM
they didnt have any at the dealership.. and i NEEDED a car that day! cuz my paseo had a rod knocking and i couldnt drive it anymore.. the funny thing is.. i dont think they knew the rod was knocking.. so i couldnt be like... i need a car! ya know? or else they'd figured it out and rejected the trade in.. so i took what i could get..

beechstreet
04-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Adubb
y doesnt he just let u keep the SI and let her get something? i dont get it...:confused:

^i'm with him. WTF? I wish my pops made me trade in the EP3 for a Type-S :D

NemesisITR
04-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Or he could be like me and have the best of both worlds!!

Type S motor and tranny in a EP!!:D :eek: :confused:

japanese
04-11-2004, 12:30 PM
dynasty just made that up so he doesn't sound like a traitor. makes no sense to sell a faily new EP, to trade in for another, then buy a new typeS. sounds like bs to me. like everyone said. wouldnt' it make alot more sense and save alot more money to keep your ep(since u loved it so much) and buy ur sister a new car?

redronin22
04-11-2004, 12:57 PM
That, or his dad is a fucktard for wasting so much money. Spoiled kids and the parents that pony up the dough for their wants :mad:

SpoonEP3
04-11-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by redronin22
That, or his dad is a fucktard for wasting so much money. Spoiled kids and the parents that pony up the dough for their wants :mad:

i agree, i had to be a full time student and work 25 hours a week to get my 02 si. spoil kids like you makes me sick, if my father buys me a type-s't even take it, i rather have a 90 civic that is bought with the money that i work hard to get. trust me, it is hard, but i feels good.

SiOnTheFly
04-11-2004, 03:40 PM
who cares if hes spoiled.....i have to work 35 hours a week to own my 03' si. my parents help me out when i need it, but i try to avoid help, cuz i dont think its fair to my parents for me to ask for crap.....cuz if my future kids do that, im gunna have to lay the smack down!!! :D

DyNastySi
04-11-2004, 07:10 PM
The Ep was bought for me on my birthday. But it was bought under my dads name. So he owns the car right now. Since its his car we could do whatever he wants with it. He basically said that he didnt want to make payments for me anymore and I had to go and get a car on my own. Which I did. Its not like I got a free car with the Si. I still had to make the monthly payments on it. My monthly payments on the Si were 365.00 a month. Ok so I know I could afford 365.00 a month on a new car. I went to the Acura dealer and asked them how close they could get to 365 a month. They came back and told me they could beat it with 354 a month. So thats why I didnt go with an 04 Si. Plus I didnt want to have any regrets whatsoever as to what I could have had. So thats that. The situation with my Si is this. My sister wants to keep it. But my dad doesnt want her to drive a stick. Basically he wants to buy a car that both of them can drive. He drives his truck to D.C. every morning. So that takes out the manual transmission part. Meaning no more Si.

bao_pay
04-11-2004, 07:10 PM
Why is there so much jealousy? If the guys dad is loaded then hes loaded. Why is there so much crying for? Big deal. If you were Bill Gates you'd give everything to your kid too so stop ragging on the guy. 'nuff said!

:mad:

DyNastySi
04-11-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by redronin22

What the hell is your problem man. You act like I never earned anything I ever worked for and I dont derserve anything I get. All he basically did was put the car under his name so I could have one. I had to make the payments. I had to maintain the car. I had to pay for all of my mods. I am the one who went out and bought the Type S. Like I said I didnt want to get rid of the Si. But I'm also planning to move out within the next year and I have no credit whatsoever. So thats another reason I needed to get rid of it so I could buy my own car under my name. I know I should have maybe put some of this in the first post. I'm not tryin to be a dick or anything. But wtf he said it first.:p

BarracksSi
04-11-2004, 07:25 PM
The sad thing now is that the dad doesn't want to drive stick. What parent doesn't know stick?

And how much of it was really dad's car when you were the one making all the payments? It was under his name, but you were paying for it? Sounds like dad got himself a free car to me.

That's just messed up.

DyNastySi
04-11-2004, 07:45 PM
Yeah...It was my dads car. But he drove all but 3 times maybe. He didnt want to drive it because of the traffic we have around here.(reason why were trading the si) He also thought that with all the mods I did to the car mad it to loud to drive. All I did was an Injen intake and custom exhaust. All he was doing was helping me get the car I wanted. This time around I had to do it by myself because I am moving out and I need to build up my credit. Trust me...I asked him if I could just put the Ep under my name. But he said that Honda wouldnt just let him do that because its really Honda's car. Makes sense?

BarracksSi
04-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Sorta makes sense, but it's still screwed up. I always thought it was a good traffic car, too, with its small size & maneuverability.

Could've refinanced it with a new loan under your name, too.

Oh well -- what's done is done. Have fun with the Type-S -

RMC22
04-11-2004, 08:34 PM
I dont understand the logic of saving 10 dollars a month when you start over on a new loan? :eek: 10 dollars less a month for a longer period of time.
Your dad solved nothing because you still have a manual tranny, but you got a type s so enjoy it. its a good car ;)

the JigGa mAn
04-11-2004, 08:48 PM
The Ep was bought for me on my birthday. But it was bought under my dads name. So he owns the car right now. Since its his car we could do whatever he wants with it. He basically said that he didnt want to make payments for me anymore and I had to go and get a car on my own. Which I did. Its not like I got a free car with the Si. I still had to make the monthly payments on it. My monthly payments on the Si were 365.00 a month. Ok so I know I could afford 365.00 a month on a new car. I went to the Acura dealer and asked them how close they could get to 365 a month. They came back and told me they could beat it with 354 a month. So thats why I didnt go with an 04 Si. Plus I didnt want to have any regrets whatsoever as to what I could have had. So thats that. The situation with my Si is this. My sister wants to keep it. But my dad doesnt want her to drive a stick. Basically he wants to buy a car that both of them can drive. He drives his truck to D.C. every morning. So that takes out the manual transmission part. Meaning no more Si.

i dont get the parts in bold italics it totaly contracdicts its self

dj addicted
04-11-2004, 09:14 PM
I can understand having your dad buy the car and you make payments to him (if thats what you do...) but to MAKE you give up the SI and MAKE you take a MORE EXPENSIVE car??? Just doesnt make sense.

You are fortunate to have parents that can help with the signing of a car..

I didnt even have a car until I was 18... and even then, it was an 87 chevette deisel.

redronin22
04-11-2004, 10:09 PM
car insurance would be more as well.

SiOnTheFly
04-12-2004, 05:20 AM
ok this thread is gettin old.....just leave him alone. reguardless what anyone says, the ep is still gone and the type s is still on the garage now. whats wrong with 40 more hp and 10 more lbs of torque. have fun with the type s!

STP03BlueSI
04-12-2004, 05:29 AM
You are gettin rid of your EP for a type S...:rolleyes:

SiRocket02
04-12-2004, 08:39 AM
my Si was my first car:D . It kinda sucks to be 17 though cause I dont have much income to do shit with my car. O well

emosubaru
04-12-2004, 08:44 AM
yeah, but then again most 17 year olds don't have any car, let alone an 18grand one.:D ;)

bobdobbs
04-12-2004, 08:55 AM
I asked him if I could just put the Ep under my name. But he said that Honda wouldnt just let him do that because its really Honda's car. Makes sense?
I understand what your dad is saying, but there are ways to put the EP in your name. The easiest probably being for him to co-sign a loan and buy-out Honda Finance. That might not be a good solution for a lot of reasons (probably a bad interest rate), but it's possible.

Also, I think a lot of people are confused at you presenting this as a terrible thing. What you should have said was, "My dad is trading in my EP, but I'm getting an RSX-S. I'll miss the EP, but I can't complain..." This "problem" you have is one a lot of 17-year-olds would like to have.

Enjoy the RSX and post pics when you get it. ;)

DyNastySi
04-12-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
I understand what your dad is saying, but there are ways to put the EP in your name. The easiest probably being for him to co-sign a loan and buy-out Honda Finance. That might not be a good solution for a lot of reasons (probably a bad interest rate), but it's possible.

Also, I think a lot of people are confused at you presenting this as a terrible thing. What you should have said was, "My dad is trading in my EP, but I'm getting an RSX-S. I'll miss the EP, but I can't complain..." This "problem" you have is one a lot of 17-year-olds would like to have.

Enjoy the RSX and post pics when you get it. ;)

Damn...thats what I was trying to say all along. Thanks meng.

USAFHondaguy
04-12-2004, 04:17 PM
So basically you're complaining about being spoiled. Must be nice.

davidc81
04-12-2004, 07:53 PM
seems like we have lots of haters in the house!

FCobra94
04-12-2004, 07:58 PM
Congrats on the new car man! :D Hope everything works out for ya!

By the way, did you sell the wing and the kit yet off of your Si? If not, I'm still interested in the wing ;)

Thanks!

Sirone
04-12-2004, 10:19 PM
Wow. Ya there are alot of people who are upset about you getting this RSX. I do understand some of them, alot of people did'nt get the chance to have cars bought for them.. or atleast purchased for them to get the loan... And alot of people enjoy paying the payment and having the title in their own name. I know I do enjoy it... Though it is hard work sometimes.

So.. I guess you basically just messed up explaining yourself in your intial post... because I think you did'nt want to offend anyone by ditching your EP for the RSX... From what I've seen from most people though, you should'nt be to worried about such a swap of cars. Granted alot of people retain some hate because the "RSX" is the "Gifted Son", and us poor Ep'ers are the "Retarded Step-Child".. The truth of the matter is that I really don't mind being a retarded step-child. :).. enjoy a car for what it is... freedom, fun, and an expression of who you are... and last but not least.. It's still a honda! and it is even in the same engine family... so no fret.

USAFHondaguy
04-12-2004, 10:23 PM
"because the "RSX" is the "Gifted Son", and us poor Ep'ers are the "Retarded Step-Child".."

LOL! I was just a bit jealous of having a Type S bought for him. That's a rather sweet deal.

kidXStreme
04-13-2004, 01:06 AM
to bad you have a rsx now.....everybody has that car...which is one of the reasons i changed my mind about trading my ep for an rsx-type s...the other reason was i would be losing a shit load of money on the down payments...id rather put that into the ep....

you lost a rare car man, but anyways have fun with the type-s and dont go off dissing the ep.

2.0L Monster
04-13-2004, 05:43 AM
EPs used to be rare, now it seems like everyone and their mom has one. :(

I might want to trade mine in. That new GTO is so cool but my wallet would never forgive me.

MCeez02Si
04-13-2004, 11:34 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2.0L Monster
[B]EPs used to be rare, now it seems like everyone and their mom has one. :(

True it's getting a little more common now, but that's why you must teach yours to say...."PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" or make it "whine";)

I'm still stuck in the imagination process of what it's like to drive a FI sleeper or Swap right on by a 5.0 or Scooby and seeing:eek:

On a smaller note, I still love the bumpless backseat floor. It makes the rear passengers much more comfortable.

kidXStreme
04-19-2004, 01:10 AM
are you guys sure our cars are getting more common i tought that would be happening 5 yrs from now