PDA

View Full Version : Tie bar questions

black02ep3
04-11-2004, 03:45 PM
Hi,

I'm getting some tie bars, and have a few questions that I hope you can help me with!

(1) I plan to get a bar on the trunk bed (right behind the rear seats, as I have seen, so that I won't lose usable space in the hatch)... is this bar useful?

(2) I've seen a bar attached on the inside of the end of the trunk (this, btw, was in a coupe), that area between tail-lights, but inside the trunk. What's this bar called, and is it useful? Is there an equivalent for the EP3?

That's pretty much it for now... thank you!

amctmg
04-11-2004, 05:00 PM
our cars are very rigid to begin with, I had 1 in and took it out and I don't miss it. But if your going to turn your car into a race car it may help a little. If your going to do anything in the rear I would suggest a rear sway bar

http://www.tornactive.com/pd_progress.cfm

It will help your car rotate through tight corners and reduce wheel spin coming out of a corner, If you do get the sway bar and loose control of the rear end throttle, throttle, throttle!!

black02ep3
04-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Really eh? I actually got a rear sway bar already... i just feel that the rear seems to be a little lax when i'm in a turn... almost feels like the rear tires are loose! I checked and the tires aren't loose, but that's how it feels... esp when there are cracks on the road...

Dunrick
04-11-2004, 09:02 PM
get better endlinks and a tie bar, you will notice that combo

if your in-tune w/ your car