PDA

View Full Version : Is ebay strut bar worth it?

AzN Si GuY
04-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Searching through ebay I found the autobac1 strut bar. Shipped to my door it should be around $24.

I've read a few post when I used the search button. Some say they're hard to put in. But none really answered the question I was looking for. "How good is the rigidy of this strut bar?" and are there any other major complaints about it?

chubbychu
04-11-2004, 08:51 PM
i got mine for about 20ish.

and beleive me, for that price i wasnt really expecting anything at all. BUT i DID feel a change. it was just tighter than i expected. and it also helped get rid of SOME werid chassis creaks. BUt comon seriously...24 bucks?! i would just buy it for the look factor for 24 bucks =o)

it wont like make it handle like a porsche but you will feel a good 24 dollar difference.

4g63dsm
04-11-2004, 09:10 PM
i love mine

BlackSi613nin
04-11-2004, 10:22 PM
i got mine for 12 shipped... and really, it looks good, (fitment was OK, needed a rubber mallet, but hey it was only 12 bux) and it did tight up a little bit.. but im not really sure... even for 24 bux, waht are you expecting out of it?

joHn

chubbychu
04-11-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by BlackSi613nin
i got mine for 12 shipped... and really, it looks good, (fitment was OK, needed a rubber mallet, but hey it was only 12 bux) and it did tight up a little bit.. but im not really sure... even for 24 bux, waht are you expecting out of it?

joHn

there are different ways to intsall it thought. if you do it piece by piece, you wont have to pound it in place, but it is a pita to tighten it by turning the bar.

AzN Si GuY
04-12-2004, 12:36 AM
thanks for all the feedback guys. I just agreed to buy the strut bar. Was this the same for everyone that bought from autobacs1: After you agreed to purchased and sent an email that you were going to pay, Did you have to call them and finish everything up on the phone (credit card, item number, etc.)

chubbychu
04-12-2004, 12:44 AM
either call to give them your cc number or finish with paypal or if they have andele ceckout use that.

if your using a money order or check just mail it in to their address.

AzN Si GuY
04-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Great I just finished it up online with the checkout link they gave me in my email. Can't wait to try this out. :D

seandwd
04-13-2004, 09:23 PM
The eBay rear strut bar was the first mod I put on my car. I love it. I just installed a 22mm Type R rear sway bay. Handles like a dream, very little understeer. Combined cost, including shipping - less than $150.00!!!