PDA

View Full Version : Wavy lines

SI-lent
04-11-2004, 09:28 PM
What are those anoying wavy lines on the paint after you wax your car? Am I doing something wrong. You can see it at and angle and in sunlight but it is highly noticable. Sometimes I get scared to go out into the sun with my car because I am embarasesed about it.

Steve

EtherGhost
04-14-2004, 11:01 PM
I think I know what you are talking about. Just keep rubbing, they should go away. If you spend more time, and rub hard, the finish will even out and get shinier.

kidXStreme
04-14-2004, 11:03 PM
are you guys talking about the swirl marks????

AkronSi
04-15-2004, 06:44 AM
It's probably just some left over wax. I'd follow up with a quick detailer and good microfiber towel.

EtherGhost
04-15-2004, 10:13 AM
Yeah, it's just leftover wax. Swirl marks look like fine scratches, the leftover wax just makes the finish look uneven and wavy.

tcostello3
04-15-2004, 11:02 AM
can you say "orange peel"

black05ep
07-02-2008, 06:07 PM
which lines are u talking about, the waves in the paint(orange peel) u have to wetsand to get that out.or swirl marks,u can buff those out but it will take more then just a coat of wax. but left over wax will leave kinda darker lookin spots on the paint which is normal for handwaxing on a black car..keep rubbing and most of it will come out but dont rub too hard or the cloth will scratch the paint.use a microfiber cloth also which will make scratches less likely if u rub to hard..the best way to wax ur car and not get the dark left over wax marks is to use an orbital buffer.i detail cars,so i use the one at my work when i wax my car and i never get the dark left over wax spots on my car.theose things are amazing.s for quick detailer i wouldnt use it on a fresh waxed car.i tryed it on mine the first time i hand waxed it and saw those dark spots..it just made it worse.so i ended up waxing the hood 2 more times to try and get rid of the crap i f-d up that was the last time i used that method.wait atleast a day b4 i spray a quick detailer on ur car imo..atleast if its black or blue.