PDA

View Full Version : How free flowing is our stock muffler?

2.25CrushBent
04-11-2004, 10:56 PM
have done a 2.25" mid pipe, and a 2.25" magnaflow resonator i would like to know if it would be worth it to put on an n1 style muffler. I heard somthing about our stock muffler being pretty good as they are. and i dont want my car to sound to "ricey" or loud. What do you guys think? does our ep3 sound good with a n1 muffler? or should i stick with the stock one.

Thanks in advance

Taylor Ellis

chubbychu
04-11-2004, 11:31 PM
2.5 is a little excessive but i bet you get really good top end power. =o)

anyways...there have been dynos by myeverlovinsir or somebody and its pretty free flowing already, so if you wanna save some money just keep the stock muffler. it would also be a really really really really really good idea to get that resonated. It sounds kinda ricey when not warmed up. the resonarot will make it quiet and not ricey at all. good luck next time...search

SIxtasy
04-11-2004, 11:56 PM
Search is your friend.... Our rear section is the same as the CTR, that car has 200hp. So yes stock muffler will work just fine. I had it on mine, and hell no it never sounded ricey. I have a GReddy now and it sounds like stock muffler(2.25 midpipe) but a lil' deeper and louder.

- Jeffrey

2.25CrushBent
04-12-2004, 12:30 AM
Yah my bad i have a 2.25 mid pipe and a 2.25" magnaflow resonator. thanks guys i have fixed the first post

oogy-boogy
04-12-2004, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by 2.25CrushBent
Yah my bad i have a 2.25 mid pipe and a 2.25" magnaflow resonator. thanks guys i have fixed the first post

You'll enjoy it. I had the same set up for a little while and it had a nice tone :)

the JigGa mAn
04-12-2004, 11:52 AM
where can one get a mid pipe and how much do they cost?

SIxtasy
04-12-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
where can one get a mid pipe and how much do they cost?

Go To IGGY's bro. They do the best work in Chicago. I think mine cost like $100 or something like that.

the JigGa mAn
04-12-2004, 02:11 PM
got a number or addy? also what do i do just go there and ask for a midpipe?

and what about the magnaflow resonator whats that?

SIxtasy
04-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
got a number or addy? also what do i do just go there and ask for a midpipe?

and what about the magnaflow resonator whats that?

Its on MONTROSE a block west of HARLEM in NORRIDGE. Go there - tell them you want a 2.25 midpipe - they do it for you - you leave and enjoy an exhaust thats as effective as any aftermarket. oh yeah, don't bother with a resonator. Why make a NOT NOISY exhaust system less noisy? Hell man, I'll sell you my stock muffler with the midpipe. PM ME if you are interested. Laterz