PDA

View Full Version : tires rubbing, need advice

dustinhurley
04-12-2004, 12:39 PM
I have Tein springs, 18" wheels, 225/35 tires, and a camber kit. Today, I got the car aligned and the camber fixed. Now, my tires are rubbing in the rear when I hit large bumps. I need some tips on how to grind down the inner fenders in the rear so my tires clear. They almost clear now, so I know grinding the fender down will work. I don't want to roll the fender because that can crack the clearcoat. I had this same problem on my old EK hatch, and a shop grinded the fenders for me, and the problem was fixed. One thing they did though was spray some sort of black rubbery stuff on the rough metal after they grinded it to rust proof it and make it smooth. Anyone know what that could have been? Anything else you can think of that will rust proof the metal and smooth it out? Also, will a regular Dremel tool be powerful enough, or will I need an actual circular grinder? Thanks.

Edit: Or, should I just dial in some negative camber in the rear? Since I just got the car aligned, the toe is set correctly. So, a little negative camber wont hurt, correct? If I jack the car up and twist my camber kit the exact same amount of turn on each side, will my camber be the same on both sides? And, will adjusting the camber kit cause my toe to be off? Thanks.

VNlilMAN
04-12-2004, 05:07 PM
I know for the front the camber affects the toe. Not sure about the rear tho. I personally would just roll it slightly, just a little. And ya just put a little bit of negative camber... Why not take it to the shop you got it done at before tho?

dustinhurley
04-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Well, Long story short, I sued that shop a year ago for $900 worth of damage they did to my car when they installed my first set of springs. So, I'm not sure, but I think the owner doesn't like me.

halos02Si
04-12-2004, 08:49 PM
if you've had probs with them before why did you go back to same place.....if i was you id just take it somewhere else where the work can be done right without the fear of being screwed with.

-breandly

31102si
04-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by dustinhurley
Well, Long story short, I sued that shop a year ago for $900 worth of damage they did to my car when they installed my first set of springs. So, I'm not sure, but I think the owner doesn't like me.

LOL,Yea I would say that is a good assumption. :D :D :D

dustinhurley
04-13-2004, 06:11 AM
if you've had probs with them before why did you go back to same place.....if i was you id just take it somewhere else where the work can be done right without the fear of being screwed with.

I haven't been back there or talked to the guys since they gave me my $900.