PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have problems with showstoppers??

EvilSlvRCiViC
04-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Im asking cause i ordered tien basic for my ep on 3/31/04 and promised my tracking number by 4/2/04 never got it and i called to see if there was a problem and to see if they forgot - but i just keep getting the run around from them. I see most of you have had everything go smoothly with SS but not for me no communication whats so ever. And im expecting a call from you Chuck if the message was even givin to you.

skooba
04-12-2004, 12:50 PM
nothing but A+ service from them 100% of the time.

Peking
04-12-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by skooba
nothing but A+ service from them 100% of the time.

Pretty much the same here, still waiting on a hose for my intake. But I understand that they are pretty busy folks. My friend (Miller Time) and I have made many transactions with them, with no real problems :D

EvilSlvRCiViC
04-12-2004, 12:55 PM
Im asking cause i ordered tien basic for my ep on 3/31/04 and promised my tracking number by 4/2/04 never got it and i called to see if there was a problem and to see if they forgot - but i just keep getting the run around from them. I see most of you have had everything go smoothly with SS but not for me no communication whats so ever. And im expecting a call from you Chuck if the message was even givin to you.

oogy-boogy
04-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Try pm'ing them. :)

EvilSlvRCiViC
04-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Thanks wonder why then this is happening to me.:( This Sucks i want my suspension anybody know any other good vendors that sell tein for a good price????

EvilSlvRCiViC
04-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Its Full. :(

SubliminalSi
04-12-2004, 01:18 PM
Well I never had a problem with them but ive only ordered 1 thing. They could just be really busy. They might respond to you on this thread if your lucky

EvilSlvRCiViC
04-12-2004, 01:22 PM
Hoping i need some type of answer if not ima have to cancel my order. :(

k20hatch
04-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Ive never had a problem with them. Have you tried calling them back?

1fastminivan
04-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Those guys are always busy.:D Dont worry too much Im pretty sure they have something reasonable. They honestly do get alot of business.....especially from here hehehe.:D

Dunrick
04-12-2004, 01:48 PM
They lost an order of air spencers with me, i called and they had no idea I ordered from them. Ultramania hooked me up though, so no hard feelings.

I have had good service from them since. No problems.

Mad02Si
04-12-2004, 02:31 PM
Try the instant messenger. Whenever I need to talk to them thats what I do. They respond pretty quick when they are on.

DyNastySi
04-12-2004, 02:35 PM
Nope not one problem from them. I ordered everything from them except my intake and they all came when expected. When I oredered the Type R replica it came one day sooner than expected. Juss try calling them. Really nice guys over the phone.

NemesisITR
04-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Nope no probs here. Yet your always going to have the one that got away from ya. Its business. Sorry man, hopefully everything comes thru for you.

halos02Si
04-12-2004, 03:01 PM
nope, i've never had a prob with them.....they've always been on top of things when it comes to shipping....but i have heard they get really busy so there should be a good reason for the delay but just trying giving them a call again to try and resolve the problem....good luck.

-breandly

johnnydanger
04-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by EvilSlvRCiViC

dood u got a pm....

FurY
04-12-2004, 03:11 PM

You're not the only one man. I was supposed to have my package shipped out on a monday, didn't ship until wednesday of that week when I was promised I'd have it by friday. Finally got it that next tuesday and my JDM H's weren't in there like they were supposed to be. I'm still waiting on them (supposed to get them this week).

03silverEP
04-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Someone else who will stand up to crappy business practices...

What happened to my order was not unlike what happened to your order. Order was placed (they promised that it was in stock and would ship the same day, to ensure del. by friday.) it didn't ship til 5 days later and I received it over two weeks after I ordered it.

LIERS

simple fact

flame away showstopper cheerleaders................

dj addicted
04-12-2004, 03:30 PM
seriously guys... just be patient... I have order well over 1000 dollars of stuff from them on multiple orders and I guarantee they are just really busy...

halos02Si
04-12-2004, 03:37 PM
why'd you start a whole new thread for the same question when members are still replying to your first thread

Other Thread (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34940)

but like i said in the other thread...i have ordered numerous times from them with no problems before.....and like me and other members have stated they do get very busy at times....so the best thing to do is continue to call and get the problem resolved rather than sit here and bash em.

-breandly

k20hatch
04-12-2004, 05:31 PM
seriously guys... just be patient...

Yes thats the only thing you can do right now. Ya it may take a few more days. Wow, your getting good pricing and shipping. There really good guys. Its not like it is a HUGHHH company or anything. Alot of times they are really busy, because there really popular. Just give it some time!

glw
04-12-2004, 05:43 PM
i had a small problem where chuck sent me to an installer that installed my rear sway upside down and broke my end link on the drive home. the installer wouldn't help and chuck/showstoppers said it was between me and the intaller. i understand they didn't actually do anything wrong except deny me the install they said they'd do and then send me to a crappy installer (claiming he was great) then not help out when there was a problem. i claim poor customer service he claims it's my fault for trusting him. well, i guess i won't do that again.

FurY
04-12-2004, 05:45 PM
The other problem I had was that I was put on hold countless times (which I understand). But you're dealing with an unsatisfied customer who is wondering where his $65 H's are which should have been shipped with his intake. On top of that, they made no effort to let me know the status of the H's that they screwed up on sending. I personally had to call long distance about 4 times to get a straight answer. I may give them another shot just because of what everyone else has said about them but I will say that this was not a good first impression.

FurY
04-12-2004, 05:49 PM
And one more point to show how business SHOULD be done:

My magnaflow exhaust was purchased from www.hottexhaust.com. I HIGHLY recommend these guys!! I ordered the exhaust on saturday and waited till the next business day (monday) to check on the status of the exhaust. By 10am EST I had been billed and I knew it was on it's way. The next day I called HE and asked if I could get a tracking number. They were very polite and told me that if I had any difficulties to please call them. Turns out it came from Cali on monday and arrived at my front door on wednesday at noon!! Now THAT is service! After dealing with both vendors in the same week, I have to say that HE out-did themselves and really made SS look bad.

p.s. use coupon code "EPhatch" to save some dough if any of you guys want to buy from there.

Type X
04-12-2004, 05:57 PM
i call chuck and rocky pretty much every other day

they are very busy

i wouldn't worry

i think the major problem is that everyone wants the "best price"
and to get that usually things have to go out
ground and basic shipping

whne you want things super fast
especially wings, lips , kits, coils etc and they are HEAVY
its major $$$

that deters people from ordering

as for the people bashing them
when they give good deals i dont hear anyone complaining :D

EPHatchgirl
04-12-2004, 06:08 PM
Hey guys, I have spent many many dollars with these guys as well, and I would not worry- as was said before, honestly, they are just busy. If you call and you don't get Chuck, ask when he will be in. Get him on the phone, and you'll be set.

It's not that they are purposely dissin' you, they are just very busy.

johnnydanger
04-12-2004, 06:09 PM
i personally don't have any bones with showstoppers... they're good guys, but if you're reading this chuck, YOU know why i would be upset about a few things...

aside from a few problems, i will do more business with these guys... i'm just a bit sketchy on my orders at this time...

but hey, no problems... ;)

HondaMan
04-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Type X
i call chuck and rocky pretty much every other day

they are very busy

i wouldn't worry

i think the major problem is that everyone wants the "best price"
and to get that usually things have to go out
ground and basic shipping

whne you want things super fast
especially wings, lips , kits, coils etc and they are HEAVY
its major $$$

that deters people from ordering

as for the people bashing them
when they give good deals i dont hear anyone complaining :D

Exactly, I have spent over $1k with SSUSA and got excellent service. Just hang tight...they will deliver!

HARRY POTTER
04-12-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by FurY
The other problem I had was that I was put on hold countless times (which I understand). But you're dealing with an unsatisfied customer who is wondering where his $65 H's are which should have been shipped with his intake. On top of that, they made no effort to let me know the status of the H's that they screwed up on sending. I personally had to call long distance about 4 times to get a straight answer. I may give them another shot just because of what everyone else has said about them but I will say that this was not a good first impression.

speaking of red H's, i had order mine 2 fridays ago, charged my account 70 something, and i still havent recieved my "oh so sweet" H's! and i only live 26 miles away from this shop. unless the postal service is walking my damn H's to my house from the shop, im a little unhappy about the shipping time. what sucks even more is that, i thought to give my business to highly recommended shop, who supports our ephatch.com with extremely great info, feedback, and updates, and yet i could have saved $5 and had the H's on the ride to sport all weekend long, if i would have went thru my normal hook up... sad sad.. :( still waiting... :'( can i please get my H's before i go on call with jury duty next week??? :'( :'(

Mad02Si
04-12-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by HARRY POTTER
speaking of red H's, i had order mine 2 fridays ago, charged my account 70 something, and i still havent recieved my "oh so sweet" H's! and i only live 26 miles away from this shop. If I lived only 26 miles away I would just drive over and pick everything up. Thats a waste of shipping time when you acn drive 25 min and pick it up yourself..Just my .02 cents

FurY
04-12-2004, 06:31 PM
I'm not denying the good prices here at all guys. My issue is the customer service side of things. If SS is that busy, they need to get an extra hand. Like I said, they never made any attempt to contact me after they messed up which I wasn't thrilled with. It was all just very frustrating and not a good experience after getting much better treatment from hottexhaust.com that same week.

HARRY POTTER
04-12-2004, 06:35 PM
check my avatar!!... im a pimp! i shouldnt have to do things like that! :D :D ;) naw, i knew i was gonna be busy all week long and unable to sit in our los angeles parking lot for half my day. but if i would have known i was getting the 26 lightyear shipping time, i probably would have chose to drive down to get them..

STP03BlueSI
04-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Chuck is ALWAYS busy. Still waitin on a responce about that Buddy Club tee..:'(

But I have orded MANY things from these guys. If i could foward my check to them I could. Those are the guys that put my ass in debit.

Chuck let me know about that Tee!!

Chris!

Type X
04-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by HARRY POTTER
check my avatar!!... im a pimp! i shouldnt have to do things like that! :D :D ;)

wow pimps are driving civic's now?

times are hard.....

Whiteboy
04-12-2004, 09:02 PM
It's just business guys. When dealing with the massive amount of orders they get, of course there will be a few issues and errors, but that's like every other business out there. Now, the need to call them 4+ times to get your answers...I can't quite explain. Just know that they are not intentionally screwing you over.

02civicSI
04-12-2004, 09:06 PM
SSUSA has great service. I ordered JDM red H's from them and they got lost in the mail. I waited almost a month until I called them up and told them that. They sent me another set within a few days. Great customer service!!

ShowstoppersUSA
04-13-2004, 10:47 AM
I'm glad this topic came up so now I can see the problems going on out there. It just keeps me on check on whats going on.

Truth of the matter is we can be as perfect as we can be and still have things go wrong. We depend on manufacturing companies to give us our parts and shipping companies to ship our parts in a timely manner and safely. Problem is even if we do everything correctly, 1 out of a 100 is bound to go wrong with one of the three of us. I do not like the fact that that the "1" happens but it happens to everyone. We do apologize to those who have had orders gone wrong.

I know there are more out there than the 4 or 5 complaining on this post. Just to let you guys know we are fully aware of what is going on with these orders. Once we find out what is wrong we try our best to fix it in any way possible.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions or more comments. We are always open to taking ideas on how to better our service. Between working companies for better prices, taking orders, and shipping we do get tied up at times but rest assured we do take messages and emails up quickly. So if you call us just leave a message or at worst we have email and PM on ephatch which we are on all day long. AIM - ShowstoppersUSA if you got AOL.

We do appreciate the business and will continue to try to provide the best service and price out there.

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

RacingCivicSi02
04-13-2004, 10:52 AM
I had no Problem whatsoever with these guys. Excellent prices and excellent service. Even my brother friends buy from them. They have nothing but good thing to say about them.

LiLxKeNnY
04-13-2004, 11:36 AM
showstopppers is the best ... they always ship in time ... ive gottenclose to 2k worth of stuff from them ... for me itz one week away and i get my stuff ... uhhh yea ... and for tein basix ... i got mine for 823 shipped i think that is the best deal out therre

johnnydanger
04-13-2004, 12:10 PM
chuck & showstoppers have always been pretty cool with me personally. i've just felt like i got the runaround on a few things, but they by far have the best selection for the ep that i've found.

i will continue to give them my business for that reason alone... ;)

EvilSlvRCiViC
04-13-2004, 01:55 PM
yea this was my first order wtih SS too and ive never had a prob like this but thanks all for your responses. And thans Chuck for letting me know what was going on. My problem was mainly COMMUNICATION - like Johnnydanger said "i felt like i got the runaround"

Well from the looks of things ill be getting my stuff this week and i should be making more orders with SS agains thanks all for input.

FurY
04-13-2004, 02:03 PM
Thanks for taking the time to write that Chuck. Like I said before in my previous post, I love the pricing and the products, it was just some service issues that I was concerned with. Even with this situation, I am still on the bandwagon with everyone and will give SS another shot in the future (the key now is to find the money :rolleyes: )

STP03BlueSI
04-13-2004, 02:25 PM
You guys still rock, and I will still buy from you guys...but where is my tee

SinisterCivicSi
04-13-2004, 06:15 PM
i have had lagging shipping issues with my past orders as well, but found out that my most recent order wasnt their fault but the manufacturer. Hopefully chuck can renew my faith in the shipping process the next time i order ;)

on the real, these guys are super busy, just knowing that from as many times as i call them, they are hoppin all the time. i think they also have very competitive prices for their products. there are ALOT of shady dealers out there and fly by night companies...they are neither.

Overall great guys that tend to get the brunt of peoples anger when shipping goes haywire.

chuck and i have a good business relationship, i call and harass him and when he hears my voice "chuck - its me again..." he rolls his eyes wishing he didnt pick up the phone. ;)

Peking
04-13-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi
chuck and i have a good business relationship, i call and harass him and when he hears my voice "chuck - its me again..." he rolls his eyes wishing he didnt pick up the phone. ;)

ROFL, I think that is how he acts when I call him too :D So I try not to call to much :( ;)

eggsi
04-14-2004, 10:58 AM
i ordered a set of lugs for $55 bucks about a month ago and they seem to have lost the paperwork, then they told me that they will send out another, well that was almost 2 weeks ago.

EP3_DC5
04-14-2004, 12:33 PM
To all the people bitching, STOP. You've obviously never bought anything from a shitty company before.
SS is a great company that actually cares about their customers and knows most by name. I am actually very impressed that they will take the time to talk to you over the phone or PM despite being very busy. I've ordered some things from Chuck with great communication and very smooth transactions. Of course some issues are going to come up, they are very busy and have a LOT of other customers. They try to please everyone and do for the most part. Sometimes, like Chuck said, mistakes happen. I think that instead of bitching, just call them, ask what the deal is and try to be a little more understanding. If you've ever been in business before you would comprehend how hectic it can get.
Showstoppers gets 2 thumbs up!!!

STP03BlueSI
04-14-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by EP3_DC5
To all the people bitching, STOP. You've obviously never bought anything from a shitty company before.
SS is a great company that actually cares about their customers and knows most by name. I am actually very impressed that they will take the time to talk to you over the phone or PM despite being very busy. I've ordered some things from Chuck with great communication and very smooth transactions. Of course some issues are going to come up, they are very busy and have a LOT of other customers. They try to please everyone and do for the most part. Sometimes, like Chuck said, mistakes happen. I think that instead of bitching, just call them, ask what the deal is and try to be a little more understanding. If you've ever been in business before you would comprehend how hectic it can get.

Amen!!:)

Peking
04-14-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by EP3_DC5

Umm... Who is bitching? Folks just stating their experiences, pretty much everyone feels the same about Showstoppers.

HondaMan
04-14-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Umm... Who is bitching? Folks just stating their experiences, pretty much everyone feels the same about Showstoppers.

Hmmm...it does sound more like bitching to me. Just follow-up on your orders people and if you need them lighting fast pay the extra $$$ for Next Day Air or do whatever is needed to get them faster...that's the bottom line IMO.

the JigGa mAn
04-14-2004, 01:33 PM
neverbought anything from them but when i do im sure ill be happy

Peking
04-14-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan
Hmmm...it does sound more like bitching to me. Just follow-up on your orders people and if you need them lighting fast pay the extra $$$ for Next Day Air or do whatever is needed to get them faster...that's the bottom line IMO.

Ok Jonathan, some posts start off like that. But usually end with how much they like and understand how busy those guys are. Usually I get stuff within a week. Well not for my hood, that took a few months :D

The main issue was lack of communication, which can be easily fixed and understood.

Hey Jonathan check out the locals. We are trying to get a monthly meet going again :)

priest6479
04-14-2004, 02:22 PM
ordered through them 3 times, perfect service anytime. Try calling them, they are pretty busy guys but they still talk to you and listen to you.

glw
04-14-2004, 04:26 PM
sorry, but i don't agree.

if ss is that busy they should hire some peeps to help... poor customer service is normally bad for business. you guys just like the idea that he owns a hot ep3!

if he owned some old beat up and trashed out opel and was on here making money selling stuff to us and providing bad service you'd be all over him...

thats my opinion... sorry if it ruffles feathers.

k20hatch
04-14-2004, 04:51 PM
poor customer service is normally bad for business

Thats true. I really dont know where yall are comming from to much to comment on this because ive never been in a situation like this. When i ordered my kit and wing i had awsome service. They called with tracking numbers and everything. A business is hard to run and i do believe showstoppers will learn from this whole situation. Im going to keep ordering from them from past service that i have had. But i do bet if this happened to me and would not be to happy at all about all this!

chet
04-14-2004, 06:45 PM

You're even more impatient than myself!! A lot of the stuff we put on our cars comes from Europe and/or Japan. If by chance something is not in stock. . .It must be ordered. If its coming from Japan, it may take 3 weeks before Chuck even knows if it has left yet. Customs--time consuming, shipping--time consuming, plus you're all the way across the country from Chuck, so it'll even take a day or two longer.

I understand you're just wanting a tracking #, but if you call and or post on the Showstoppers Parts--Repost thread, you'll get responses. What we all have to understand is Showstoppers in doing their best to make everyone happy. That isn't easy. I've spent the majority of my mod $$$ w/Showstoppers and I'll keep doing it. Call him and post, call him and post.

Oh, and it wouldn't matter if Chuck and Rocky drove an old rusty Opel, I still order from them and wouldn't give them shit about their car.
Before I started buying from Showstoppers, one of the first things I ever purchased was a K&N Typhoon, it took nearly 3 months to get to my house. That also includes the fact that "Stylin Compacts" actually sent it to my neighbor's house and sent me the wrong intake--TRY DEALING WITH SOME SHIT LIKE THAT. Just try and be patient

Peking
04-14-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by glw
sorry, but i don't agree.
if ss is that busy they should hire some peeps to help... poor customer service is normally bad for business. you guys just like the idea that he owns a hot ep3!
if he owned some old beat up and trashed out opel and was on here making money selling stuff to us and providing bad service you'd be all over him...
thats my opinion... sorry if it ruffles feathers.

Chuck doesn't drive the EP, Rocky does :D Anyway like someone else was saying, it doesn't matter what they drive. They offer great prices for name brand products.

And it is cool you stating your opinion :) I do know that their our folks who do not feel the SS, but from others that I have dealt with. Chuck and Rocky are really cool :cool:

So really I see where everyone is coming from, the bottom line is communication. Not bad business is the cause of this thread. Calling and persistents PM/Emails/Etc. will get you in contact with them, which will help with understanding and keeping track of any orders.

HARRY POTTER
04-15-2004, 10:41 AM
GOT MY BADGES! :D mailed out on the 13th tho.. :confused: but yet just in time before i go oncall for jury duty..*damn* i guess i'll just have to take the haul down there next time to aviod the long wait being that "they're busy" :rolleyes: jk!

FurY
04-15-2004, 02:41 PM
You can blame poor communication if you want to but I've called several times and was put on hold for 10-15min long distance. One time I even got disconnected while on hold. They should be responsible for some sort of follow up communication on all orders (hell even an email would make me happy). Just so that you know the tracking # and stuff.

And to EP3_DC5 and this comment:

I have bought from shitty co.'s and I have also bought from excellent companies. They need to get maybe one more hand in there to help with customer service and they would be perfect. Pricing is indeed very important, however I would be willing to pay a little higher price for good customer service. Also, it's not "bitching," it's a concerned customer who just wants a little confirmation on what's going on with his money and the product he bought.

Like I've said in this thread already, I will probably buy from them again but I have had a bad first experience. I'm just glad to see some other people agree with me on the service issue, I feel that it's being overlooked simply because it's "showstoppers."

eggsi
04-15-2004, 04:05 PM
Well now i can't get through with them on the phone, it gives me their voicemail, and yes i have left messages with my info and i haven't recieved any response. I agree that they are great guys but this is starting to piss me off.

Mad02Si
04-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Bottom line is if your not happy with the business your receiving then go else were but shit does happen. For the few that seem to have things tied up at SS that are like 60-100 bucks try spending a grand. Maybe they cant afford or trust to hire more personel. I was pissed when my order was held up but I AIM them and got pretty timly responces and felt confident that shit would work out in the end. You cant expect everything to be nice and easy all the time but at least have some understanding that shit happens that cant be helped in a business like that. You make a sacrifice to get good prices and exclusive, and quality parts that most places dont even have for our cars yet. I have tried to have more patience in life and have found that it goes a long way. If they dont answer the phone leave a post, they dont answer that hit them up on AIM. I'm sure it's not anybodys intent to try and ignor there customers but just have a little understanding.

redronin22
04-15-2004, 11:42 PM
I've probably spent close to 3 grand with them and have had great service from them. Sure some things dont always go as planned but i get great pricing and great customer service. Unlike some shops they dont lie about their prices to get you in the door then charge extra taxes credit card charges restocking fees etc.

BSEVEER
04-16-2004, 12:07 AM
I called them today at about 11:30 am and asked them if they had an Eibach Pro-Kit in stock. They said yes so I went down there at 4:00 pm. I left at about 5:30 pm with my springs installed all for $245 out the door. No problems at all.

madbrain
04-16-2004, 07:42 PM
I've spent about $3,500 at SS and I will be dropping another $2,000 next week. I've never had any problems with SS.
Just an FYI. For small ticket items I shop at Options Auto, ClubRSX, etc. These sites have online automated ordering and fast shipping. Conversely when I'm spending lots of cash I would rather deal with a person directly even if the shipping takes a little longer.