PDA

View Full Version : BackFiring/ Combustion....???

SilverEpInDc
04-12-2004, 01:33 PM
Ok so I was driving down the road today and all of a sdden i get this kinda backfiring combustion in the exhuast... I dont know how to explain it... it sounds like my exhuast is cracked but Igot it chacked and its not...also I check my CAI filter to make sure its nothing with that... and it was dry as a bone... (In dc right now tis raining like a bitch) ... has anyone had this... its happen most of the time when im down shifting and all... thanks in advance

BlairSpeed
04-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Well, i only have an SRI and sometimes when i shift from 1st to 2nd it makes a "pop" sound, like a back fire. But the sound is coming from my engine and it only happens like 1 or 2 times a month. I think its because the SRI rushes air in and it gets backed up with the restrictive header and mid pipe and it causes a pop.

halos02Si
04-12-2004, 02:58 PM
i think its tha cai...i have an injen cai and from time to time you kinda hear like a backfire sound....or pop as blair stated....i believe its actually pretty common and normal and should not be anything to worry about

-breandly

amctmg
04-12-2004, 03:24 PM
I've had the backfire through my intake not sure why but I took off my intake and put the stock one back on and it still did it

dj addicted
04-12-2004, 03:27 PM
I get the same noise once in a blue moon from my AEM CAI.

AzN Si GuY
04-12-2004, 04:49 PM
Same thing happend to me every now and then. It scares the shit out of me hehe :p

SilverEpInDc
04-13-2004, 11:49 AM
Ok so I worded this wrong I know its not the intake backfire this noise is coming form the exhuast and its coming right under my passager seat...Im starting to think it might be bad gas??? anyone and ideas it happens when I let off the pedal most of the time

AzN Si GuY
04-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by SilverEpInDc
Ok so I worded this wrong I know its not the intake backfire this noise is coming form the exhuast and its coming right under my passager seat...Im starting to think it might be bad gas??? anyone and ideas it happens when I let off the pedal most of the time

That happens to me to often, there's this vibration which seems right under the center console and there's this backfire noise and shaking noise. I have no clue why it does that or what's going on. It makes me think that my car is going to blow up or something.

SilverEpInDc
04-13-2004, 04:02 PM
and it happens when I go over water puddles

AzN Si GuY
04-13-2004, 04:05 PM
Like you previously stated that backfire comes when I let off the gas to. Looks like you and I are pretty much in the same boat.

SilverEpInDc
04-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by AzN Si GuY
Like you previously stated that backfire comes when I let off the gas to. Looks like you and I are pretty much in the same boat.

YES!!! Thank god im not the only one out there... have you gotten it checked out or anything

AzN Si GuY
04-13-2004, 04:09 PM
Car drives fine. I know I should get it checked out. I have a 40 point inspection with honda this month so I'm going to tell them that it backfires.

This backfire has got me scratching my head. There's a dent in my midpipe but I don't think that causes the vibration or the backfire. So I don't know. Maybe other ephatchers know what's going on. Help please.