PDA

View Full Version : APC headlignt super whites?

siver-SI
04-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Well I ordered something that I never thought I would. I got a set of APC H4 headlights in Super Whites that are 4000K. I bought them at NAPA for $30. I wanted to get better then OEM bulbs after my PIAA's went out and I was looking around and I saw in a NAPA add that they had Super Whites that were the same output of the Salvania for less. The only thing was that they did not give a brand name in the add. So they ordered me a set and they said that they were a long lasting bulb.

Well I got their today to pick them up and they take them out of the back and all of a sudden I see APC on the lable. I guess for the low price I will give them a chance.

Civicvtec1ps
04-14-2004, 03:00 PM
My friend bought those at autozone.
Very bight but blew out in a month.

i-vtec04si
04-14-2004, 03:13 PM
there not that bad.. plus noone will know that they are apc unless u tell them... did it come with a decal? make sure u put the decal on that is 20whp!!!!!!!!!!

siver-SI
04-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by i-vtec04si
there not that bad.. plus noone will know that they are apc unless u tell them... did it come with a decal? make sure u put the decal on that is 20whp!!!!!!!!!!

No decal or instructions I was shocked. I thought that the decal would be in there for sure. Not that I would use it. I am ashamed to even know that APC shit is on my car.

i-vtec04si
04-14-2004, 03:55 PM
oh yea btw i was just kidding about the decal.. and there not hard to install just plug and play.... just remeber you get what u pay for. (in most cases)

siver-SI
04-14-2004, 03:59 PM
oh yea btw i was just kidding about the decal.. and there not hard to install just plug and play.... just remeber you get what u pay for. (in most cases)

The reason was surpised about no instuctions is because on the outside of the package it said to read them before installing. I will see how long they last. I liked my PIAA's but they went out in about a year and their cost is just going nuts. I figure I will try these out and see what the hell happens. If they burn out in less then a month I will return them since NAPA is 30 return. I also know the guys there well so if it is a little over I can probaly get away with it for an exchange.

i-vtec04si
04-14-2004, 04:02 PM
well if u touch the bulb they will burn out in a month.... if not they should last quite a while my buddys had them about three months or so. JUST DONT TOUCH THE BULB

siver-SI
04-14-2004, 04:04 PM
well if u touch the bulb they will burn out in a month.... if not they should last quite a while my buddys had them about three months or so. JUST DONT TOUCH THE BULB

I did not. :)

JHM-EP3
04-15-2004, 09:33 PM

APC DECAL ON AND GET YOU 20WHP? hahahah that's a good one bro hahah:D