PDA

View Full Version : apex N1.....help

eggonwheelz
10-10-2002, 08:40 PM
I just bought a true Apex N1 muffler tonight, and then i started looking on the forum, and i came across someone saying that the N1 is quiet on their EP. I hope not. Everything is stock and i was tired of the quiet stock exhaust, i wanted people to know that the EP does have some balls and just isn't a "mini mini van". I want to get it installed tommorow. I will be really upset if it isn't what i expected. My friend had it on his accord and it was loud as fuck, he had a greddy evo cat back with the N1, but i didn't think that it would make that big of a difference in sound with stock piping, afterall isn't the muffler itself were most of the sound comes from.

Chrisbgft
10-10-2002, 08:57 PM
hey, i thought the exact same thing when i bought my N1. I love the sound of the N1 and wanted it on my EP. I have to wait for the custom catback now. I guess the stock setup has to many restrictions and my N1 is quiet. Not like a normal n1. sorry to tell ya the bad news.

02blksi
10-10-2002, 09:04 PM
i have a "custom" axle back N1, i posted pics elsewhere, but anyways its quiet when cruising but when you get on it it's pretty damn loud! and i still have my stock piping and resonator! --joe

Chrisbgft
10-10-2002, 09:08 PM
isnt an axel back pretty much the same as just a muffler? I dont know why mine is so quiet. I was hoping for a it to be crazy loud but its not. I am getting the catback soon, but wanted something to hold me til then. At idle it sounds just like the stock muffler, but when u get on it. Its got sound but not like an n1. Its very queit but just a little rumbly.

02blksi
10-10-2002, 09:13 PM
well kinda, my axle back utilizes a new 2.0 inch bent pipe with another flange welded to it so that no cutting to my b pipe was made (i can swap mufflers stock to N1 easily with hand tools now) also to get the angle i wanted my N1 to sit on my car (tilted up to the right like / a new rear section was made. My N1 is not the loudest but its the LOUDEST rear section i have ever heard, it makes a sound comparable to a turbo car-- the sound that air is being pushed out the muffler and not flowing slowly--hard to explain.... - but its just for now anyways, something to hold me over --joe

SiCivic2k2
10-11-2002, 04:13 AM
I thought about buying an N1 for my car, but I was told the muffler was too long because our wheel base is too close to the back bumper and the tip of the muffler will stick out a bit. Does anyone have pictures of an N1 on their EP? How much did you pay for yours? Thanks!

02blksi
10-11-2002, 08:26 AM
ask and ye shall receive.

http://boostedhx.20megsfree.com/images/mvc-007f.jpg
Custom Rear section OEM flange used, so that i can swap my SI exhaust back on if
necessary!

http://boostedhx.20megsfree.com/images/mvc-002f.jpg
Pic of the N1 take from the left side looking right.

http://boostedhx.20megsfree.com/images/mvc-006f.jpg
Closeup of N1

--joe

SiCivic2k2
10-11-2002, 09:10 PM
Thanks for posting the pics, but only one of them worked for me. Can someone post the pics on the forum? Thanks alot, I appreciate it!

02TafWhtSi
10-13-2002, 08:04 AM
uhhh - dead links for me.

Fizz Autosports
10-13-2002, 08:12 AM
N1 is one of the Loudest exhaust systems on the market in general.... If you want it to be as loud as it can, go for a straight pipe setup removing the resonator and cat... with the cat gone you may have a problem passing emmisions depending on where you go ;) but a N1 with a cat and resnator is not so loud but is noticable

BTW you have to cut and paste his links because of the remote links being disabled

SiCivic2k2
10-13-2002, 10:12 AM
You kept the resonator on? I took mine off. It makes it louder :)

ek9jdmhb
10-13-2002, 11:34 AM
hey 02blksi, can you put pictures of your exhuast from farther away and straight on? I want to see how much it angles.

TEKBRAIN
10-13-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by ek9jdmhb
hey 02blksi, can you put pictures of your exhuast from farther away and straight on? I want to see how much it angles.

http://boostedhx.20megsfree.com/images/mvc-008f.jpg

ek9jdmhb
10-13-2002, 12:04 PM
hey tekbrain, do you know if thats the turbo or NA?

SiCivic2k2
10-13-2002, 02:41 PM
The tip of the muffler doesn't stick out from the bumper any? I heard that the N1 would stick out because the wheel base is too close to the back bumper.

SIborland
10-16-2002, 01:08 PM
The main reason why its so quiet is that we dont have vtec on the exhaust side, i had a N1 full catback on my 97 dx Hatch and it was super quiet.

02blksi
10-16-2002, 05:14 PM
ek9jdmhb- its the NA model

SiCivic2k2- no it doesnt stick out at all, its flush with the bumper! I had a "custom" rear section made utilizing the OEM flange on for the rear section. (see pics)

SIborland- I dont know about that, THE N1 IS LOUD, after you remove the stock resonator, and/or upgrade the piping size.-Trust me its pretty loud, I will post a link to a vid, at idle and drving by of my setup.With the resonator, you'll be surprised. LOL -joe