PDA

View Full Version : SFP Turbo kit get's even meaner!

Most-Wanted
04-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Well, the silver hatch is back at SFP for some changes. We have been running clean and flawless for 5k miles and SFP has really been doing their homework for bigger HP. Extensive research with Hondata has been opening many doors and we will be swapping in 550cc injectors, removing the digital FMU, and turning up the boost to 12psi. We are expecting near 350whp with what we've seen so far. We are still using the Hondata setup, however there will be a few changes. The clutch has been our only problem and Clutchmaster's has come to the rescue to solve that problem. The car is expected to be complete this week and I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.

anjapower
04-12-2004, 05:55 PM
wow that sounds great! Will you be running this on stock internals? Keep us updated.

ep3si02
04-12-2004, 09:48 PM
sounds nice..are u gonna be taking it to the track again anytime soon

Turbo Tony
04-12-2004, 11:20 PM
That car is going to be just to nasty. Trust me I know I know him and been around the car and in it. It moved then, I don't even want to see how good it moves when it comes back into town.

kidXStreme
04-13-2004, 12:45 AM
thats a shitload of horsepower...slap on some slicks and take it to the track after the changes...i would want to see quarter mile times

HondaDOHC161822
04-13-2004, 03:51 AM
Will the motor be able to hadle the high boost or are you changing the internals?

VIZHUNZ02SI
04-13-2004, 06:39 AM
dam thats gonna be sick. dude where do you gets the founds to get all of this stuff

Most-Wanted
04-13-2004, 09:36 AM
The internals are completely stock and are staying that way. It shouldn't have any problems handling the psi from what we've seen so far. The tuning is extremely important for that kind of psi. We are also putting in extended wheel studs(for slicks) and motor mounts. The battery box is already in and we should be all set to go back to the track when it's finished. I just have to do another clutch break in period, boy is that gonna be a long night:)
Tony- Did you think I was gonna let you turn up the CN boost w/ out me tagging along?:)
As for the funds, yes it get's expensive. But, it is soooo much fun. I just need to get the clutch problem's to go away and it should with the latest fix from Clutchmaster's. Can you say Feramic???
I will definitely keep everyone posted and post the dyno #'s etc.....

ep3si02
04-13-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Most-Wanted
The internals are completely stock and are staying that way. It shouldn't have any problems handling the psi from what we've seen so far. The tuning is extremely important for that kind of psi. We are also putting in extended wheel studs(for slicks) and motor mounts. The battery box is already in and we should be all set to go back to the track when it's finished. I just have to do another clutch break in period, boy is that gonna be a long night:)
Tony- Did you think I was gonna let you turn up the CN boost w/ out me tagging along?:)
As for the funds, yes it get's expensive. But, it is soooo much fun. I just need to get the clutch problem's to go away and it should with the latest fix from Clutchmaster's. Can you say Feramic???
I will definitely keep everyone posted and post the dyno #'s etc.....

are u gonna be at moroso this weekend for the NHRA event i think it is

Turbo Tony
04-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Naw I knew it was coming only a matter of time... But I enjoy having good competition it makes me want more. :D

HondaDOHC161822
04-13-2004, 08:04 PM
As for the funds, yes it get's expensive We have an expensie hobby, but the joy of breaking new goals and hearing people say thats a civic is great...i have a stock Si (for now) and i just love the thrill of speed, my friend once said there is no way to drive this car slow (another ep3 owner)... I took a ride in a friends gts eclipse last weekend boosting 26 and it was great... the power gave me an adrenaline rush...

Most-Wanted
04-19-2004, 11:17 PM
Not too much to report, but the K-Pro tuning is a blessing. It should be all complete by Thursday, just waiting on the Feramic clutch from Clutchmaster's.

03ePsi
04-22-2004, 06:42 AM
Let us know how everything goes with the new clutch and tunning! Oh BTW tell Paul and Frank, that I'll be coming to see them very soon. Looking for higher numbers! I just installed my greddy Profec spec2;)

Good Luck!

Most-Wanted
04-22-2004, 08:48 PM
03ePsi-I sure I will be talking with them over the weekend, they are in Virginia racing. I will tell them your coming soon. Keep us posted on your numbers as well.

03ePsi
04-22-2004, 10:31 PM
no worries;) BTW did I mention I love hondata....:D