PDA

View Full Version : Headlights

dustinhurley
10-10-2002, 09:17 PM
Ok, I need to be cleared up here. The Type-R has always come with black housing lights. I've seen pics of 02 R's with headlights that look black and some that look chrome, and some that look in between. If you look through the CTR gallery on here, you can see this clearly. I have heard that the R lights are barely tinted and you can only tell if it is next to an Si. R lights in the past have had very noticable differences. I have also heard that the black lights only came on the Japanese R's and not the ones in other countries. I want to buy some black housing lights soon, but I don't want to spend $500 on something that is barely noticable. So, if anyone knows the answers to this, let us all know.

Suk02Si
10-10-2002, 10:15 PM
paint 'em

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid34/p0cdeb5dddfb678bcb85523ab20d78229/fd33bc95.jpg

A few others have painted theirs also

SmoothOperator
10-10-2002, 10:23 PM
Just go HERE. (http://www.ephatch.com/projects/headlights.htm) That's from the Projects section. Rocket_Civic has even painted his white.

02SilverSiHB
10-11-2002, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by dustinhurley
Ok, I need to be cleared up here. The Type-R has always come with black housing lights. I've seen pics of 02 R's with headlights that look black and some that look chrome, and some that look in between. If you look through the CTR gallery on here, you can see this clearly. I have heard that the R lights are barely tinted and you can only tell if it is next to an Si. R lights in the past have had very noticable differences. I have also heard that the black lights only came on the Japanese R's and not the ones in other countries. I want to buy some black housing lights soon, but I don't want to spend $500 on something that is barely noticable. So, if anyone knows the answers to this, let us all know.
I read this like 10 times....what's your question? :p just paint them gunmetal!

Suk02Si
10-11-2002, 11:44 AM
I say go with gunmetal...

but black is best. my girlfriend says the car looks mean now. I guess that's good, right?

dustinhurley
10-11-2002, 02:59 PM
I don't want to paint them. I suck at doing things myself. I have ruined so many parts in the past.

DownTheHatch
10-11-2002, 03:38 PM
Here's the answer to your question:

The Type-R comes in Smoked Chrome or Black Chrome housing. Smoked Chrome is lighter almost grey, and the Black Chrome is dark almost black.

optauto.com sells the darker version.