PDA

View Full Version : meguiar's or mother's???

LazyAzzAzian
10-10-2002, 09:29 PM
which is better? or are they basically the same? im trying to decide which to use because even though ive only had my car a couple of days, the dealership did a crappy ass job on cleaning it, there are already swirl marks on the car, and the interior is madd dusty, im kinda dissappointed i expected it to be a "brand new" car, oh well i guess if you want something done, you gotta do it yourself

jaydub
10-10-2002, 09:53 PM
100% agreed, if you want it done right, gotta do it yourself. :)

If you say you've got swirl marks already, you'll want to see about filling those. I'd recommend 3M Swirl Mark Remover. I'm not sure what color your car is, but they have formulas for light and dark cars. It takes some real elbow grease to get good results, but they'll pay for themselves. If you've got a random orbit buffer, that'll make life 10x easier.

Then again, if it's too much work for all that, a good paint cleaner will work wonders, as will a clay bar treatment. You gotta figure, these cars were sitting on lots, on trucks, and trains for weeks at a time, so I'm sure some deposits have worked their way into the finish.

Easy way:
Clay Bar
Paint Cleaner
Polish/Wax

Better, but more difficult way:
Clay Bar
Swirl Mark Remover
Paint Cleaner
Polish/Glaze
Carnuba (totally optional, most polishes now have some protective elements in them).

The store bought stuff is aiiiiiiiiiiiight, but nothing special. If you're looking for some good products, I can give you some tips. I've tried TONS of things. :)

X 2KS2K
10-11-2002, 05:29 AM
if you want the best, use 3M swirl remover for the swirl marks, and zaino products for the protection and shine

hacim
10-11-2002, 08:02 AM
I use mothers and it took care of the sleight swirll marks that I had. Its great stuff, the more I use it the more it looks as if there is blue in the silver.