PDA

View Full Version : dealership prices?! PLEASE HELP QUICK!

IIx 03 EP xII
04-13-2004, 11:09 AM
alright, well i went into my dealership to get my spoon front strut bar installed (dont even start flaming cuz im a little annoyed as it is)... and the guy says "2 hours of work at the most" so i figure, thats not too bad i guess cuz it should be less work than that. so i drop my car off at the dealership during 1st period (i skipped 1st period) . i called back a few minutes ago (after 3rd period) and the guy had just gotten back from his lunch break and said it will take longer than expected?! i am not going to pay over 100 bucks for a job i could have gotten done for alot less. i figured the honda dealership would be the best place cuz:

1. another guy on here talked to me a bunch about his spoon bar and said he got it done for 85$

2. my car is a 2003 and most shops around here dont even know what it is, so i figured the honda dealership would do the best work.

3. the guy said 2 hours of work or less!!

so what can i do if they say 'well it took about 3 hours, so thats gonna be $180'?? help me out please. i already know ive messed up by taking it there, but i need some help with what i can do.

the JigGa mAn
04-13-2004, 11:11 AM
i would call back and tell him to do it in 2 hours or less b/c that is what he told you..and if he cant do it tell him not to work on your car that youll just pick it up and do it yourself

bobdobbs
04-13-2004, 11:16 AM
Huh? Is this the upper strut bar? Three bolts on one side, and three on the other? Slide it on, put the bolts back on and tighten them? Why would you pay someone to do that? What am I missing here?

Civicvtec1ps
04-13-2004, 11:21 AM
They shouldn't charge you more than $100.

Well.Why in hell didn't you install that yourself?
Easiest install.

Si3
04-13-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
Huh? Is this the upper strut bar? Three bolts on one side, and three on the other? Slide it on, put the bolts back on and tighten them? Why would you pay someone to do that? What am I missing here?

glad to see you posting like the good ol' days dobbs!!! you logic and keen grasp on the obvious never fail to amuse me.

-aj-

Mickey
04-13-2004, 11:32 AM
Thats an easy money for the dealership. :D

IIx 03 EP xII
04-13-2004, 11:34 AM
no no... if it were that simple then i would have done it myself... I WISH. it is the SPOON strut tower brace, which is JDM... therefore... it wont fit on a USDM car w/o minor modifications. so... the tech said he could do it (move the master cylinder reservoir and the a/c line)... so i was like cool, ill drop it off tomorrow. and the thing is, i cant say 'dont work on it, ill come and pick it up' cuz he is already working on it.

please, anybody have any problems like this? anybody know what i could do? i cant afford to pay that much for a bar to be installed... why would i pay more for an install than i did for the actual bar?! i trusted honda to do it, or else i could have gotten it done cheaper some where else.

Civicvtec1ps
04-13-2004, 11:45 AM
If you don't have money for installation.
Why did you even let Honda install strut bar?
Honda = Rip Off
Too late to go back.
You are out of luck, Since he started already.

bobdobbs
04-13-2004, 12:13 PM
At this point you just have to get the service manager on the phone and yell at him: "You quoted me two hours max to do this job and that's all I'm paying for. If it's going to be more than that, put my car back together and I'll be by to pick it up."

jerseyjew
04-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Sounds like you should have reasoned and maybe bought a, I don't know, USDM strut tower bar !

IIx 03 EP xII
04-13-2004, 07:30 PM
well its installed... so everybody just stop flaming. i have a jdm bar now, and thats all there is to it. and it works like a charm. now i just recieved another one of those bars in the mail... but it was supposed to be the rear bar... AAHHHH!!! HONDAWERX!!

bobdobbs
04-13-2004, 07:32 PM
So, what did they charge you?

02SilverSiHB
04-13-2004, 08:44 PM
holy fucking shit...man....I would have found a way to install it myself or sold it...it's just a bar, it can't be that hard. If I need to relocate something, I don't think it would be worth it...even if it's jdm spoon

fsugatorbait
04-14-2004, 08:08 AM
Seriously, you spent how much on the bar because its SPOON and than another undisclosed amount to have mounted. I have a bridge for sale, its JDM too! :rolleyes:

the JigGa mAn
04-14-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Seriously, you spent how much on the bar because its SPOON and than another undisclosed amount to have mounted. I have a bridge for sale, its JDM too! :rolleyes:

dibs on the JDM bridge:p

dj addicted
04-14-2004, 03:35 PM
enough bashing the guy about not installing it.. geez... just when you go in there to pick your car up.. see what the total is.. and "calmly" say, but I was quoted two hours... which is two hours of labor.. I think the dealership charges something like 85 bucks an hour for labor.. I dont see it happening for under 100 bucks... more like 160 plus tax.

the JigGa mAn
04-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by dj addicted
enough bashing the guy about not installing it.. geez... just when you go in there to pick your car up.. see what the total is.. and "calmly" say, but I was quoted two hours... which is two hours of labor.. I think the dealership charges something like 85 bucks an hour for labor.. I dont see it happening for under 100 bucks... more like 160 plus tax.

i think hes already picked up the car...id just like to know how long it took and how much did they charge you

IIx 03 EP xII
04-14-2004, 06:31 PM
well, they charged me for 2 hours worth of work which was about 120 bucks!!! yeah yeah... ive learned my lesson now guys, so back off please. they didnt do too well of a job either, which kinda pisses me off. for as much as i paid, i would have expected them to have used power tools and not there teeth. or maybe that is why it took so long, cuz they had to bite there way through the plastic and what not. hmmmm... go figure.

btw... im done with this jdm crap. if it doesnt fit the first try, then its out the door. i was told that it wouldnt be difficult to get it to fit, but it wasnt true. OH WELL.

btw again... i paid 125 shipped for the bar BRAND NEW! so it didnt cost me as much i guess.