PDA

View Full Version : How is honda with honoring warentys?

2.25CrushBent
04-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Not all the time but quite a few times i've had problems getting into reverse and downshifting into 4th from 5th. I want to go into honda and see if they will replace my tranny. I called them and they said that it would be covered but that they want me to leave the car and they would drive it for a day. As i said before it doesn't always have this problem but it happens enough for me to be worried. Is Honda pretty good about this stuff? This is my first honda so I dont know a whole lot about good they are with warrentys.

hope i dont have to buy a new tranny :'(

Thanks, Taylor

pLopSI
04-13-2004, 12:08 PM
They want you to leave the car there so that they can "diagnose" your car. Meaning they'll drive around the lot or something for like a minute to see if they can replicate your problem. Since u said ur tranny problem is an on/off thing, they'll most likely say there's nothing wrong with the car and the tranny is acting the way it's supposed to be.

blueiedgod
04-13-2004, 12:20 PM
I am not really sure the "problem" you describe is really a problem. Getting into reverse may be tougher sometimes, you just have to make sure the gears are lined up. If you still can't get intot reverse, put it in first and the reverse, all with the clutch to the floor. Downshifting from 5th to 4th maybe problematic if you are at 140 mph, lol

Hatchtastic
04-13-2004, 12:24 PM
Dealerships are fair but expensive. If its under warrenty then you should be ok. I have had good expirences with dealerships. The only thing that will make a difference is if they can find the problem. Alot of people have trouble because the dealership only drives the car a few blocks and cant find anything. I'll tell you now that if they cant find the problem than its not that big right now(could potentially become a problem). So take it there and if they fix then good if not then your ok until it really needs it. Just hope that then you will still be under warrenty.

Hope my unusefull info will help you out. Oh just make sure you ask alot of questions and tell them not to do anything that isnt coverd under warrenty without consulting you first. They might say yeah we fixed your tranny under warrenty. But there are only 48 items on ur car that arent covered under warrenty. And 47 and a half were broke or worn. we broke the other half so you only need to pay 68.973453% of the 48th item, and that will equal your broken half and the labor to put it back on ok;) Dont worry it should be ok

AzN Si GuY
04-13-2004, 01:26 PM
The Honda dealers I've been to in my town hate people who mod there cars.

For example: I brought my car in for an oil change and one of the service pepople told me to take off my CAI because they knew a guy with a CAI and his pistons flew out his car because of the CAI. I was like that's got to be the most stupidest thing I've ever heard.

So with them being biased it's hard for people like us that want our warranty to be fair.