PDA

View Full Version : 30,000+ miles. Bring car in for warranty stuff?

GCheung55
04-13-2004, 11:41 AM
Hey everyone. So my 2003 Si hit 30,000+ miles already and it's only been 1 year. (Yes I drive a lot.) I wanted to bring my car in before I lose my 36,000 mile warranty.

The only mod I have on my car is the D3 Design Double X Brace. I'm not really sure what I should say to have them check out stuff in my car so it will be under warranty. I just want to take advantage of the warranty or it would be rendered "useless".

So far my clutch pedal is making squeaky noises and I'll tell Honda about gear crunching from 1st-2nd-3rd gears.

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

i-vtec04si
04-13-2004, 12:05 PM
well since your warrenty is about to end. i say tackle all your problems and get it done with now.

GCheung55
04-13-2004, 11:34 PM
That's the problem, I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my car and what's not wrong with it so I can get it fixed even if it's not a problem. ^_^

dj addicted
04-14-2004, 03:39 PM
WOW!!!! IM in the same boat!!!! I just broke my 30K mark for an 03!!! Of course I've had my car in honda for oil changes and stuff and they check everything out at that time.

1flySi2002
04-15-2004, 08:40 AM
if nothing is wrong, then you dont need to get anything fixed. :rolleyes: Take it in to get the clutch and gears looked at, but if nothing else is wrong then there is nothing else to fix.

Surprise
04-15-2004, 11:41 AM
I would take a look at all of the weather moldings and other general wear items like e-brake handle/button, the part of the seat where the seatbelt hits it and other small stuff. If those aren't perfect it might be worth bringing up to the dealership.

Hatchtastic
04-15-2004, 11:56 AM
They wont fix anything not broke. They wont fix anything MAJOR if its just a small problem. And they give you hell about fixing anything anytime. So good luck and hopefully your engine falls out on the highway and they replace the whole thing. Oh maby your double x brace made your engine fall out. Yep the dealer is convinced that all problems including your torn seats are caused by the x brace. VOID! That will be 8945.23 for the repairs. 279.98 for an oil change and service too.