PDA

View Full Version : EPHatch: Help me pick out my next purchase!

FurY
04-13-2004, 06:28 PM
So far I've got the following:

Skunk2 knob (w/RSX shift boot adapter)
Red H's (and on the wheel, thanks adam :D)
AEM V2
Magnaflow cat back

I'm getting a new head unit and speakers for my birthday from the family as a whole (going for an alpine). Here is what I'm trying to decide between:

Hondata (most desired and most expensive, especially after buying intake and exhaust in the same week. It would also void my warranty.)
Rims (also high up there on the expense scale)
New rear wing (carbon fiber? CTR replica?)
Neuspeed short shifter
Window tint
Headers
High flow cat
Amp/Sub(s)
Radar detector

So I'm kind of torn... I really want that hondata but I'm thinking about waiting until my warranty is up. I want some rims too to compliment my other mods so far rather than giving it total stock appearance. I'm also trying not to go overboard on how much I spend as well. But anyways, give me your opinions guys!

EP-Three
04-13-2004, 06:35 PM
as far as Hondata is concerned... I had it on my EJ coupe with a JDM b16a Swap and it made a big difference, but the warantee man... Gotta keep the warantee IMO. Its always gonna be there and who knows there may be a better Hondata program for our cars after the warantee is up. Just my .02

bobdobbs
04-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Minimally springs, if not coilovers.

FurY
04-13-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by EP-Three
as far as Hondata is concerned... I had it on my EJ coupe with a JDM b16a Swap and it made a big difference, but the warantee man... Gotta keep the warantee IMO. Its always gonna be there and who knows there may be a better Hondata program for our cars after the warantee is up. Just my .02

Yeah that's kinda my thinking.... as badly as I want it, common sense keeps kickin' me saying just wait till it's up. I'll probably wait on that.

31102si
04-13-2004, 07:24 PM
Hondata (most desired and most expensive, especially after buying intake and exhaust in the same week. It would also void my warranty.)GET THIS, YOU WON'T REGRET IT!
Rims (also high up there on the expense scale)THESE CAN WAIT
New rear wing (carbon fiber? CTR replica?)NICE ADDITION
Neuspeed short shifter WASTE OF MONEY(IMO)
Window tint DO YOU REALLY NEED THIS?
Headers WOULD WORK NICE WITH THE INTAKE AND EXHAUST(HONDATA EVEN BETTER)
High flow cat DON'T THINK THIS HELPS ALL THAT MUCH
Amp/Sub(s) THIS CAN WAIT
Radar detector WHY? COPS WAIT UNTIL THE LAST SECOND TO RADAR YOU.

31102si
04-13-2004, 07:27 PM
I really want that hondata but I'm thinking about waiting until my warranty is up.

I don't think hondata voids your warranty. Help me out guys....:confused:

Civicvtec1ps
04-13-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by 31102si
I really want that hondata but I'm thinking about waiting until my warranty is up.

I don't think hondata voids your warranty. Help me out guys....:confused:
It should not.

Federal law sets forth requirements for warranties and contains a number of provisions to prevent vehicle manufacturers, dealers and others from unjustly denying warranty coverage. With regard to aftermarket parts, the gist of the law is that warranty coverage cannot be denied simply because such parts are present on the vehicle, or have been used. (see Federal Warranty Laws for details). The warranty coverage can be denied only if the aftermarket part caused the malfunction or damage for which warranty coverage is sought.

If a dealership denies warranty coverage (more details here) , they should be willing to do so in writing. Have the dealer describe the failure which is causing your problem AND how the dealer believes the aftermarket product installed is responsible for the problem. Keep an accurate log of all contacts and correspondence in addressing the warranty denial. Hondata will provide any technical information the dealership requires.

With any increase in rev limit there is an increased risk of valve damage. To minimize your risk use the Hondata program with the stock rev limit. All reports of valve damage we have heard have been as a result of miss-shift. The Type S valve springs are good. We have tested a Type S with an 8900 rev limit in a press test vehicle for several months with no problems.

Copied from hondata ECU.

My suggestion.
Lower your hamster.

DavidT
04-13-2004, 08:08 PM
There's really no way the dealer will find out you have a Hondata ECU unless you tell them. The only way they will know is if someone that is REALLY (I mean REALLY) familiar with the EP ignition program and recognizes the ignition is more advanced than normal during driving (They'd have to be datalogging to get it). So in theory, they won't find out unless you tell them.

Hondata is the single greatest n/a mod any EP owner can do. It's how the car was suppose to be from the factory.

Retrophusion
04-13-2004, 08:15 PM
Get some light weight rims!!! Rota slips 15" 12.8lb i think 16" are like 14lbs. You will be surprised at the power gain you will feel due to the loss of unsprung weight

EP3.. 2.. 1 GO
04-13-2004, 10:32 PM
I would get springs first, either sportline or H&R and then some nice rims if I was you :D