PDA

View Full Version : Took off pinstripe but now have a tiny problem.....

DrtyTexan
04-13-2004, 08:39 PM
I took off my pinstripe and now there is a huge dif in color from where the pinstripe used to be and the regular body paint. will claybarring and waxing my car make the colors match? also there are lil swirls from the goo b gone even after i washed it ... will that also disappear with claybarring and waxing? thanks for the help

Peking
04-13-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by DrtyTexan
I took off my pinstripe and now there is a huge dif in color from where the pinstripe used to be and the regular body paint. will claybarring and waxing my car make the colors match? also there are lil swirls from the goo b gone even after i washed it ... will that also disappear with claybarring and waxing? thanks for the help

Sad to say but it could be caused by fading from the sun :( Nothing you can really do about that.

DrtyTexan
04-13-2004, 09:12 PM
well damn its only a year old car:( hmm but since summer is ab to come up do you think they will fade into each other? and oh ya my car has never been claybarred or anything and its prolly really gritty from winter(so i hope claybarring and waxing will shine it up alot)

oldschoolimport
04-13-2004, 11:39 PM
welcome to the world of the phantom pin stripe. some folks pay good money for that. it will fade out some. it will never totally go away but it will even out considerably. good luck.

Zigen5
04-14-2004, 01:03 PM
Thats only one thing to do.. Get some sweet graphics on your car to cover up the pin stripe

BarracksSi
04-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Zigen5
Thats only one thing to do.. Get some sweet graphics on your car to cover up the pin stripe

Looking at your avatar, of course you'd say that... ;) j/k

The stripe ghost should even out after a while, but it wouldn't hurt to give it a good cleaning. It's only been a year, and the difference you're seeing is likely from contaminants, not UV fading. A clay bar should do pretty well, or even just a thorough waxing.

i-vtec04si
04-14-2004, 03:52 PM
try rubbing compound and buffing it out.... im not a professional but it might help

siver-SI
04-14-2004, 03:55 PM
I have the same problem now that I took of the side molding. I do notice that it has gone away some over the last month. I might try the rubbing compound though. I figure that has to be something that will work. How else to dealerships take off other dealership decals with out having a bad spot in the paint.

DrtyTexan
04-14-2004, 04:01 PM
nice, im glad its not a permenant change. weather in VA is very crappy right now hopefully i can get out there in a week or so to give her a good rubbin!:D

BarracksSi
04-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by DrtyTexan
nice, im glad its not a permenant change. weather in VA is very crappy right now hopefully i can get out there in a week or so to give her a good rubbin!:D

Who are ya gonna rub? Oh, the CAR.... ;)

We should have good weather around here this weekend. I know that I'm going to give mine a good buff & wax.

My CAR, I mean...

Peking
04-14-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by BarracksSi
It's only been a year, and the difference you're seeing is likely from contaminants, not UV fading. A clay bar should do pretty well, or even just a thorough waxing.

Oh yeah, that could be it too :D

smilla0
05-12-2004, 04:47 PM
I bought mine last May, and I took the pinstriping and dealer installed rubber strips off 5-6 months later. There was a major "tan line" left afterward, but another couple months later I tried to look at it and couldn't see it at all. I had waxed it once and washed it two or three times, but that was it. I think it just fades with time and/or sunlight.

blaketion
07-04-2004, 11:16 PM

Were your pinstripes the vinyl "peel off" pinstripes or were they actual paint on top of the car's paint? I have them actually painted ontop of the car's paint and I HATE them with a passion. Stupid ass dealer, who the hell really wants pinstripes? [I dont mean to bash, that is if you like yours :p ]

SiOnTheFly
07-04-2004, 11:51 PM
I bought mine last May, and I took the pinstriping and dealer installed rubber strips off 5-6 months later. There was a major "tan line" left afterward, but another couple months later I tried to look at it and couldn't see it at all. I had waxed it once and washed it two or three times, but that was it. I think it just fades with time and/or sunlight.

you only washed your car 3 times in 6 months....wow.

smilla0
07-05-2004, 07:48 AM
you only washed your car 3 times in 6 months....wow.

No, 2-3 times between when I removed the pinstriping and looked for it again.

blaketion
07-05-2004, 10:48 AM
Were your pinstripes the vinyl "peel off" pinstripes or were they actual paint on top of the car's paint? I have them actually painted ontop of the car's paint and I HATE them with a passion. Stupid ass dealer, who the hell really wants pinstripes? [I dont mean to bash, that is if you like yours ]

k20hatch
07-05-2004, 12:28 PM
When we took my stickers off after shows i just buffed the spots out where you could still see it. Come rights off!

amctmg
07-07-2004, 09:28 AM
mothers carnuba cleaner wax