PDA

View Full Version : Remarks about our car

Whiteboy
04-13-2004, 08:51 PM
Hey guys, I know this has been a topic in the past, but time has passed and I think it's time for a new one filled with more recent comments. This thread comes in after a comment I received today...

This girl in my 1st period class this morning said "Oh, I saw you driving over the weekend. You have the FUNNIEST car I have ever seen." - Wtf??? Funny?

In my 3rd period class I'm always making the girl that sits behind me laugh. And the last week she said..."Your car is perfect for you." I asked her why, and she just said "I dunno...it just fits you perf---*broke into laughter and couldn't finish her sentence*.

To top it all off, two weeks ago a guy in my 1st period says "I really respect what you do with your car and all, but I don't like it a whole lot. The one thing you could do that would change my mind, and make you have the coolest car in the lot, would be to get 'those doors that open up vertically'." ---*Sigh...*

I've been to one meet and when I told people about it they just said WTF? You go there to hang out with people you don't know and talk about cars? Maybe it's because I'm in Houston, I really don't know, but it's all starting to piss me off just a little.

Peking
04-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Oh, it will be ok. All the girls I meet or know say my car is cute :(

Then I say it's not cute, it's manley :D

k20hatch
04-13-2004, 09:08 PM
I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee our cars

Jay H
04-13-2004, 09:10 PM
The people who make those comments just don't get it. They never will. Shrug it off if you can. You bought your car for YOU (at least I hope you did). Enjoy it.

From my peers (mostly 30 something's and older), I've gotten nothing but compliments.

djsolution
04-13-2004, 09:17 PM
Whiteboy, it sounds like you're in high school. Let me give you this advice... dont give a fuck! Take it from us old folks, you don't need to take high school bitches seriously. When they talk, just ignore them. You don't need to start listening for a while still. (disclaimer: baby, if you're reading this, i'm only kidding :angel: ). Oh, and next time somebody tells you to get some lambo doors, just kick them in the nutz!

Ep3 No.2
04-13-2004, 09:40 PM
my mom says "its looks fun"
my dad says "it has sporty lines"
my g/f says "its too small"
i say " I LOVE IT !"

Siman
04-13-2004, 09:47 PM
kids and jelousy go hand in hand...I learnd that the hard way when i got mine my senior year of high school....

Another friend had a 2003 S2000, another guy had a Type-r teggy (yellow), another guy had a B16 hatch, another had a black 2000 si modded out the crap...to say the least we were the envy of the whole school...and criticised for it as well....

I am soo glad i am out of high school....it was like a prison with whores on all floors.

AzN Si GuY
04-13-2004, 10:36 PM
Who care's about the he said she said? They're just stupid immature high school students. You're better than them because you have a cool car :D High school is like a prision lol.

My mom says: "What are you doin to that car again!?"
My dad says: "You don't need to do modify the car it's a Honda it runs good."
My gf say: "Your car is sexy and so are you."
My friends say: "Your car's madd tight yo!" :cool:

DarkSiRacer
04-13-2004, 10:42 PM
Hey WhiteBoy, You shoulda stopped listening to the person that said you should get vertical doors... obviously we know where that might be going... *cough* ricer *cough*

Had this girl walk by my car in the parking lot while trying to find a space and she said "that's a cute car" I was like ok this is good then she said "what is it? a focus?" The focus comments are getting really old and annoying

YooShin
04-13-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Jay H
The people who make those comments just don't get it. They never will. Shrug it off if you can. You bought your car for YOU (at least I hope you did). Enjoy it.

From my peers (mostly 30 something's and older), I've gotten nothing but compliments.

That's right. Those who know, know. I get positive comments and the thumbs up from folks driving M3s, 911s and even a dude in a 360 Modena one time. I'm from Houston to, and I get that "cute" sh*t all the time also but usually from the naive and ignorant. This includes those who don't know or understand the diference between a 323ci and an M3 or a Boxter and a 911 Turbo. My peers/co-workers are more muture, mostly engineers and software designers, and and they all dig it. Those who appreciate a well engineered and refined performance car know what the Si is all about. Folks, if that makes us elite, then so be it.

the JigGa mAn
04-13-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by YooShin
That's right. Those who know, know. I get positive comments and the thumbs up from folks driving M3s, 911s and even a dude in a 360 Modena one time. I'm from Houston to, and I get that "cute" sh*t all the time also but usually from the naive and ignorant. This includes those who don't know or understand the diference between a 323ci and an M3 or a Boxter and a 911 Turbo. My peers/co-workers are more muture, mostly engineers and software designers, and and they all dig it. Those who appreciate a well engineered and refined performance car know what the Si is all about. Folks, if that makes us elite, then so be it.

ditto except the peers/co-workers that are engineers and software designers..

i get nothing but good comments on my car all the time from old school muscle,exotic and power/luxuary owners..they all ask the same question "how does it feel with the shifter all the way up there?" and it makes me feel good that people who have FAR FAR better cars than mine are intrested in it:D

bobdobbs
04-14-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
it makes me feel good that people who have FAR FAR better cars than mine are intrested in it:D
Not better; more expensive. ;)

Oshkosh
04-14-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Siman
kids and jelousy go hand in hand...I learnd that the hard way when i got mine my senior year of high school....

Another friend had a 2003 S2000, another guy had a Type-r teggy (yellow), another guy had a B16 hatch, another had a black 2000 si modded out the crap...to say the least we were the envy of the whole school...and criticised for it as well....

I am soo glad i am out of high school....it was like a prison with whores on all floors.

Yea same here except we didnt have tight cars like u did Siman, i had an 89 civic hatch, my boy had a 91 integra, another had a 92 mitsubishi ecipse, the next one had a 94 accord, and the last one had a new style mr2. not the new new one but i 4get what yr it was. but neways everybody in school thought we were stuck up cuz we just hanged out with each other and the females damn... they probably was mad cuz none of us in our clique kicked game to them.yea man high school is one big popularity contest, fashion show u name it, i didnt sweat it and neither should u. Fuck them haters.

the JigGa mAn
04-14-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
Not better; more expensive. ;)

oops...its pretty early/late...i couldnt think of the right word...glad you fixed it thou:D

dchu
04-14-2004, 01:32 AM
Sounds like you're in high school still. I admit, to average person our cars look weird. Once you get out of high school and don't see the same people day in and day out, you'll learn not to give a shit what others think. If you really want the envy of the school, then rice out your car with a huge wing, some 20's, and a ton of stickers. :D

halos02Si
04-14-2004, 05:23 AM
like 2 days after purchasing my car, i was at a local best buy and cop pulls next to me, walks up to my window and makes a hand signal to pull my window down (im thinking in my head, now wtf i havent done shit but look guilty)...and he asked me how i liked the car because he was thinking of getting one for his wife. haha....i told him that it handles like a toy....and i love the new placement of the shifter ;)

-breandly

masterslim
04-14-2004, 05:40 AM
Of course some people are gonna like your car and others are not gonna like it - thats why they make so many cars that we think are fugly - because someone somewhere will like it.

I drive a slightly modded EP3 but some people tell me they don't like the car itself - who cares! I think it looks great!

When you drive around in a modded car people look at you - some like what they see. I've had people shout out "get a real car like a BMW" What the hell kind of comment is that!! but he was lookin at my car and he was walkin down the street. Whether he liked it or not, it don't matter, he was lookin. Some people are jealous remember, you don't gotta have a lamborghini to make people jealous.

halos02Si
04-14-2004, 05:48 AM
haha the guy screaming at you to drive the bmw probably rides a bmx :D

-breandly

Btrthnezr3
04-14-2004, 05:57 AM
Boy..."you better get that dirt off your shoulda"
Haha, anyways...Whiteboy, I'm one girl that can appreciate what you've done to your car. Obviously, right? But to me, it just seems like all the people who aren't into modding cars or in the "scene" just don't get why we do a lot of things and how they look or perform better. Highschool was a bitch for me too, driving my modded car...but I just got over it. All the guys were talking bad about me and always trying to race me, I just left it alone you know? No use in stirring the pot...and our car, cute? Patoooeyyyy :p

Good luck in the future. I know you will just keep working to buy more mods that we can admire, and I'm fine with that. Your car isn't nice for a high school kid...it's nice...period. I absolutely love all the mods you've done to your car and can't wait to see what else is new at the next meet! :D

Low Rider
04-14-2004, 06:22 AM
Just tell those bimbos that you bought the car because of the positioning of the stick shift and that it makes it easier for them to give you blow jobs... ;)

redronin22
04-14-2004, 06:35 AM
Girls dig the panda bear/shamu look. I'll roll with calling my car a killer whale. =-)

Adubb
04-14-2004, 06:47 AM
yo man, i feel where u're coming from.. at my last job a girl, that i got pretty tight with, used to say that it looked like an egg, or a space craft of some kind.. but she was pregnant and I said she was an egg, and she got pissed off.. LMAO!!! HEY!, if she's gonna make fun of my ride, i'm gonna make fun of her!

but listen, next time someone makes fun of ur car, say this : "can you afford a 20,000 dollar car, fag?" works everytime!;)

Jay H
04-14-2004, 06:49 AM
Man, I'm reading all of these posts from the younger generation about having a car like an Si in high school... I could not imagine going to high school back when I did in something that handles so well and offers a pretty high level of refinement for the price you pay. Cars have come a long way... My first car back in 1984 was a '77 Plymouth Arrow (built by Mitsu) with 70 horsepower. (2.0 liter 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual, rear drive, one carburator, probably 2400 pounds, pump the gas pedal before starting, crap ventilation system other than an old rag to wipe the fogged up windows when it rained, had to change plugs every 5000 miles, 13" tires, zero crash protection...). I'm lucky I'm alive because I did some really stupid stuff with that lame car. I would have killed myself in an EP back when I was 17... I had no fear...

Back in the early 80's when I went to high school (hated most every minute of those days - would never go back) we had nothing even remotely close to the refinement of even a base Civic DX. (Pacers and Gremlin's were still running around!). New cars were even a joke with cars like the Horizon turbo and Citation X-14 (if I remember correctly) as the only front drive "high" performance cars that could be purchased for cheap when new. 160 hp in a 4 cylinder was reserved for stuff like Porsche 944's and such that cost $20,000+ (A LOT back then). Even some 80's V8's were limited to only 160 hp (though still with some torque) back then. The then new '84 corvette had about 220 hp and that was insane levels of power back then...

You are very lucky to have stuff like this available to you at such an early age (and I'm not criticizing anyone or their age) and make darn sure you enjoy every minute of owning these cars.

You've got it good and there's nothing wrong with that.

phatsi
04-14-2004, 07:20 AM
This girl in my 1st period class this morning said "Oh, I saw you driving over the weekend. You have the FUNNIEST car I have ever seen." - Wtf??? Funny?

She probably doesn't see how anyone could drive something that doesn't look as good as a Sunfire or Cavalier....

:p ;) :D

Whiteboy
04-14-2004, 07:23 AM
This thread was never intended as a rant or complaint as much as it was just to share some comments about the car. I know I am lucky to own the car that I do, and I don't take that for granted. The things I do to my car aren't done in consideration of others, but more or less for me and what my parents will allow me to do to it :) . I get plenty of good comments on the car, and although I'd like to say I don't care what other people say, sometimes it gets to me. It in no way makes me dislike the car, just makes me think about where some people are coming from when the say its "Hilarious". I love my EP to death and I'm looking forward to owning it as long as it keeps getting me from Point A to B!

Btrthnezr3
04-14-2004, 07:32 AM
I'm glad to hear you are happy with your car...and all your mods.
So, are you gonna take me for a spin in the beast so I can feel the mugen suspension and hondata'd redline at the meet? Pwease, pwease?!

Hatchtastic
04-14-2004, 08:00 AM
I get good and bad comments. Its not anything that pisses me off, just funny. But that happens with everything somebody isnt going to feel the same way you do. have you ever said something that didnt make sense or was the first thing you could think of? thats what most of the comments are. It looks like a turtle or an egg are my two biggest. I also have been asked if its the civic hybrid. at least they know its a honda civic. Plenty of cars I would rather have. I chose this car because it was easy at the time. And I wouldnt take it back if you paid me.

USAFHondaguy
04-14-2004, 08:15 AM
High schoolers are immature and generally not very intelligent, just block them out.

YooShin
04-14-2004, 09:41 AM
Man, I'm reading all of these posts from the younger generation about having a car like an Si in high school... I could not imagine going to high school back when I did in something that handles so well and offers a pretty high level of refinement for the price you pay. Cars have come a long way... My first car back in 1984 was a '77 Plymouth Arrow (built by Mitsu) with 70 horsepower. (2.0 liter 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual, rear drive, one carburator, probably 2400 pounds, pump the gas pedal before starting, crap ventilation system other than an old rag to wipe the fogged up windows when it rained, had to change plugs every 5000 miles, 13" tires, zero crash protection...). I'm lucky I'm alive because I did some really stupid stuff with that lame car. I would have killed myself in an EP back when I was 17... I had no fear...

Back in the early 80's when I went to high school (hated most every minute of those days - would never go back) we had nothing even remotely close to the refinement of even a base Civic DX. (Pacers and Gremlin's were still running around!). New cars were even a joke with cars like the Horizon turbo and Citation X-14 (if I remember correctly) as the only front drive "high" performance cars that could be purchased for cheap when new. 160 hp in a 4 cylinder was reserved for stuff like Porsche 944's and such that cost $20,000+ (A LOT back then). Even some 80's V8's were limited to only 160 hp (though still with some torque) back then. The then new '84 corvette had about 220 hp and that was insane levels of power back then...

You are very lucky to have stuff like this available to you at such an early age (and I'm not criticizing anyone or their age) and make darn sure you enjoy every minute of owning these cars.

You've got it good and there's nothing wrong with that.

Yep. It was all about the 5.0 Mustangs, Bugs and the dropped Nissan trucks back in my high school days. I had a (then fairly new) 87 CRX. Was always getting flack for it to. Boy, the memories...

Jay H
04-14-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by YooShin
I had a (then fairly new) 87 CRX. Was always getting flack for it to. Boy, the memories...

I had a teacher in high school that bought a then new '84 or '85 CRX (can't remember the year...). I remember us car guys thinking it was a very cool car back then. He ended up totalling it in a 40 mph head on accident (not his fault) and was severly injured. I wonder how he would have faired in that same accident in one of today's EP's...?

TwoFingerSneak
04-14-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Low Rider
Just tell those bimbos that you bought the car because of the positioning of the stick shift and that it makes it easier for them to give you blow jobs... ;)

thats classic.

k20hatch
04-14-2004, 01:55 PM
Most of the remarks i get from girls are "ITS CUTTEEE" :mad:

the JigGa mAn
04-14-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by k20hatch
Most of the remarks i get from girls are "ITS CUTTEEE" :mad:

me too...but i dont mind it gives you an opening to talk to them...

tcostello3
04-14-2004, 02:17 PM
I love having my wife's Si in the family now. I've done enough mods that it's starting to get fun. I will admit that the factory height and that short wing give it a slightly wimpy appearance but then...you drive it.

As for anyone that dares call that car cute, funny, or anything other than WOW... well I just take them for a quick little spin thhrough some nice tight-n-twisties at 60-100 and they usually bown down and pee their pants afterwards.

Maybe that's why the Canadian version is SiR "Si Rocket"

i-vtec04si
04-14-2004, 02:19 PM
ive had so many nice comments on my car.... plus everyone askes whats it like to shift up there?

CaTiRo
04-14-2004, 02:20 PM
i never have any of those problems. :D

emosubaru
04-14-2004, 02:31 PM
hey, you've got the top of the line civic. it could be worse:o

when i got my car senior year, everyone was either unaware how fast wrxs are and were like "wow...it's a four door sedan with a stock spoiler... and it's kinda ugly" or they knew how fast wrx's were and were complete morons.
them- "OH DAMN YO YOU GOT A WRX"
me-"no, see my car is a 2.5rs, it has no hood scoop, no dualtip muffler, and no sideskirts. plus the interior is a little different. the main difference is the engine. my car's not turbo, it's a half a liter higher displacement but the car's still a lot slower."
them- "OH... BUT IT'S STILL FAST RIGHT?"
me- "unless it's raining- no not really. it handles alright and the awd drive is fun, but... well... how fast is fast?"

these conversations always ended up making me feel bad because A)i really wanted a wrx, but insurance would have killed me if a collision wouldn't have(i don't think i had the self-control to drive a wrx responsibly) and B)i was less cool to all these numbskulls because they thought i had let them down.

i'd rather have been made fun of for having a funny looking car than be made fun of for having a funny and slow car.

johnnydanger
04-14-2004, 02:55 PM

what he said... :D

AzN Si GuY
04-14-2004, 03:04 PM
My advice is to shake the haters off. Their will always be haters. But I pay more attention to the good compliments. So don't worry about it. As time goes by you'll get more compliments than disses. Now are you ready to play that funky music, Whiteboy!? Play that funky music right boy. heheheh Sorry just finished watching Undercover Brother. Got to love that move. :cool:

batboy02si
04-14-2004, 03:06 PM
i got rear-ended a couple of months ago and when i picked it up everyone said that they would miss looking at it because it was such a different looking car. i love mine and couldn't be happier.

bloodzombie
04-14-2004, 03:34 PM
My wife broke her ankle snowboarding a few weeks ago. After the ski patrol people dragged her down the mountain on a stretcher, then put a splint on her leg, the guy was helping me load her into the car and he stopped and was like "this looks like a fun little car!"

mental
04-14-2004, 08:44 PM
first off screw what anyone else thinks! owning an ep is something you gotta get used to... there are alot of jokes ranging from... hey nice miny van to "is that a ford focus" its hard to get used but just adjust or sell the car... lol...

team ERA 5
04-15-2004, 06:23 PM
girl rolls down her window...is that a matrix?

guy at the gas station walks up to me...is that the honda hybrid

another one was when forgot what number my gas pump was and i told him that silver car to the right he said oh okay the silver focus...i just look at him and walk out

my girlfriend said it looks like a matrix ever since u put that kit on it...

old lady "did you purchase that car with out stickers in the back im like ohhh my badges "they got jacked!" she was like oooooh! haha

i still love it!

televated
04-15-2004, 08:24 PM
Other people are stupid jackasses. If you really give a shit what they think, you're probably already a member of their club.

Type X
04-15-2004, 08:27 PM
i get alot of compliments on my car
and even domestic guys stop me once in a while and ask about the seats, mirrors and kit :)

get an occasionaly thumbs up while on the road as well:D

'cleanliness is next to godliness.....'

stockblack'03
04-16-2004, 06:01 AM
Man, I could give a SHIT what anyone thinks of my car. Fuck 'em all!

johnnydanger
04-16-2004, 09:45 AM
ok guys, i've just gotta tell this story....

i went to my local honda dealership last week to get an astimate of how much they would charge to paint my front bumper.

ok remember this was a HONDA DEALERSHIP...

i pulled up to the honda bodyshop and went in to the office. the guy i spoke with is the honda bodyshop manager. i told him what i wanted an estimate on and he looked out the door to see what it looked like.

HONDA BODYSHOP MANAGER: "is that a focus you want the paintwork done too?"

ME: "huhwuh?"

ME AGAIN: "dood you're a honda bodyshop manager for Gods sake and you don't even know what it is?"

HONDA BODYSHOP MANAGER: "sorry they look like focus's to me..."

ME (getting up to walk out): "if you don't even know what it is, i'm definitely not trusting your guys to paint my bumper..."

he said something else to the effect that he was sorry again, but all japanese cars look the same to him, which reinforced my decision not to take my business there...

Btrthnezr3
04-16-2004, 09:59 AM
What a bastard! I love my car, we love our cars...that's what matters. I get props, the waves, the smiles, the head-nods from people I see on the street. They seem to like it...I love it. Everyone else can kiss my white ass!!

EtherGhost
04-17-2004, 12:12 AM
Today I was driving, and these guys in a small pickup truck (probably an S-10) are stopped near me, in the opposite lane. The asian guy in the truck says, "I like your Civic," then the white boy driving it say "I don't," then he revs his engine and says "VTEC this!" I just shook my head. What an ass :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, when I brought my car to the Mercury/Lincoln dealership that my cousin works at so I could get some stuff done to my car, one of the techs was like, "is that the Honda hybrid?" Seems to be a common misconception.

the1986
04-17-2004, 01:36 AM
whiteboy, i can feel where your comming from. Me and my friends(s2k, gti, 240sx, '69 charger rt, me) all hang out and park near each other at school and i get complaints that we are all togetether and that we are backed in. Most hich school kids cant quite grasp what what exactly we do(canyon running) Alot of people also think we are all spoiled little bitches when we all pay for our cars ourselves. Thats another thing that ticks me off, when people see me driving a nice car and they assume my parents bought it. ahhhhh it just pisses me off. oh well

-Teal

DarkSiRacer
04-17-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Btrthnezr3
What a bastard! I love my car, we love our cars...that's what matters. I get props, the waves, the smiles, the head-nods from people I see on the street. They seem to like it...I love it. Everyone else can kiss my white ass!!

Yea what she said minus the white cuz im not white :D

!@#$%
04-17-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Btrthnezr3
What a bastard! I love my car, we love our cars...that's what matters. I get props, the waves, the smiles, the head-nods from people I see on the street. They seem to like it.

I dont think they were looking at the car. They were probably checking you out.
:p