PDA

View Full Version : mini cooper s

Siman
04-13-2004, 09:41 PM
I was just thinking about them...i priced a S model out on the site with some accesories...23,560

why did i post this?

me and my dad were at the gas station and saw a cooper...it was pretty good looking...my dad said i should trade for one...
he has some co-worker(s) that have one and they said they handle like they are on rails...thats the S model i am speaking of...

I havnt been to the dealership in Nashville yet...nor have i drove one...

Has anyone driven a Mini Cooper S ?
whats your opinion on the car?

How does it rate to the EP3?

I want one in British racing green with a white top....17" white wheels and such....pretty sporty Euro ride...I am digging it yo!

what do you guys think? Would i be a trader,sellout, idiot, or making a good decision?:confused:

square
04-13-2004, 09:58 PM
i like them, but think they are too small and too much money. i would stick with the ep, but hey...do what you want.

Ep3 No.2
04-13-2004, 10:01 PM
i considered a cooper s before my 1st si.
but they are WAY over priced.

bobdobbs
04-13-2004, 10:12 PM
I drove a Cooper and Cooper S before I bought my EP3. Several things turned me off:

1) The trunk or "boot" or whateverthefuck they call it is laughably small
2) The S handles great but the ride is ridiculously harsh
3) Run-flat tires SUCK and limit tire choice
4) Too damn expensive
5) Too damn cute for a man to drive
6) Reliability not up to Honda standards

My co-worker has a bone-stock Cooper S and it's been in the shop more times than I can count, for cooling system leaks, transmission problems, computer and power window failure, yada, yada, yada.

Type X
04-13-2004, 10:13 PM
anything with the name
"Mini" can't be good when you pick up a girl for a date

:D

Black 02 SI
04-13-2004, 10:56 PM
guess yur lucky you have a girl. type x adMINI-me :)

oldschoolimport
04-13-2004, 11:18 PM
the S that I drove was way cool. it was harsh, but if you have ever riden a real go-cart, you understand. it did rail, it is overdamped, ditching the 17 inch run flats would be my first mod (or just get the 16's). the engine made plenty power relative to the size, the john cooper works package would make it a hell-raiser. it has plenty of room and I am 6'5" 250lbs. I fit in it much better than a celica. if it was not so damn expensive it would have been an option.

and Siman, as far as I know, the british racing green is not available in the S, unless they have changed it. a green S with the union jack roof would be my choice if it was available.

did I like it, HELL YEAH. would I buy it, probably not.

bobdobbs
04-13-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by oldschoolimport
ditching the 17 inch run flats would be my first mod (or just get the 16's).
Then what do you do if you get a flat? The car doesn't have a spare.

ecsahs3
04-13-2004, 11:32 PM
i was looking into the mini before i bought the si, but they didn't have the S model out. i wanted more performance.

the JigGa mAn
04-13-2004, 11:37 PM
the S that I drove was way cool. it was harsh, but if you have ever riden a real go-cart, you understand. it did rail, it is overdamped, ditching the 17 inch run flats would be my first mod (or just get the 16's). the engine made plenty power relative to the size, the john cooper works package would make it a hell-raiser. it has plenty of room and I am 6'5" 250lbs. I fit in it much better than a celica. if it was not so damn expensive it would have been an option.

and Siman, as far as I know, the british racing green is not available in the S, unless they have changed it. a green S with the union jack roof would be my choice if it was available.

did I like it, HELL YEAH. would I buy it, probably not.

i agree the john cooper works package would make a hell-raiser

i was considering a mini S with the cooper package..and i test drove one with and one with out..and siman if you get a mini S make sure one of the options you get is the cooper works package youll be happy..the ride is a bit harsh but i didnt mind it so much...and it is way to expensive for me with the options i loaded on there..

oldschoolimport
04-13-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
Then what do you do if you get a flat? The car doesn't have a spare. if I am correct, there is a spare available. it may only come with the 16's that are not run flats. I think the runflats and no spare is mainly a weight savings issue. if not, get a AAA card, or a plug kit and 12v compressor.

bobdobbs
04-13-2004, 11:56 PM
if I am correct, there is a spare available. it may only come with the 16's that are not run flats. I think the runflats and no spare is mainly a weight savings issue.
On the S, they move the battery to the trunk because the supercharger takes up the room in the engine bay. There's no provision for a spare and even the 16s are run-flats. No thank you.

oldschoolimport
04-14-2004, 12:01 AM
On the S, they move the battery to the trunk because the supercharger takes up the room in the engine bay. There's no provision for a spare and even the 16s are run-flats. No thank you. if the 16's are run-flats I'd go with them. the taller sidewall would help, even if they are stiffer than regular tires. it would probably ride like regular 17's. hell I just don't like the run flat low profiles. thats just me though. :rolleyes:

bobdobbs
04-14-2004, 12:06 AM
Yeah, but then you end up paying twice as much to replace tires with inferior performance just so you can drive through loose nails with abandon. I'll take good old-fashioned tires so I can choose what I want. Those dicks at BMW/mini can kiss my ass. ;)

Siman
04-14-2004, 04:59 AM
WOW , i didnt expect soo much feedback!

As for the car, it sounds like what i have always been looking for...I love go-karts...the ride and how small they are, i just like that:D

as for the quality issues.....the transmission in my honda is enough to make me second guess the quality of the Si....the Mini S has a Getrag 6 speed with DOUBLE CONE synchros vs. our single....

and you can get the Mini S in British racing green for 2004...with a white roof...no jack roof for me, to gaudy....i can only imagine some war vet or racists coming up to me and asking why the British flag is on my car...LOL

as for the price....the type-s RSX is as much....and that car is out of the question, my brothers tranny straight up broke on him...LMAO

I will talk to my dad to see what i can do, then i will pay a visit to the Mini dealership. I dont want to drive up there on false hopes heheheh

keep the commments coming! I want to here everyones opinions of the car!;) and thanks for all the feedback i have gotten already, it helps me think on different views!

Siman
04-14-2004, 05:05 AM
oh, the 2004 mini has a 3 spoke steering wheel option as well....the stock 2 spoke one looks like something off of a pontiac...the three spoke is thick and sporty looking, it reminds me of the BMW Z8 steering wheel!

I am not worried about the run flat tires...since i have had tires on my si heheheh, i have had 4 nails and 4 flats...go figure..so run flats dont sound that bad for everyday driving!

as for the sheer size of the vehicle...if its small and resembles a go-kart in mINI fashion, I am sold....if i have the money ready LOL

I would special order one...making sure i get everything i want;)

masterslim
04-14-2004, 05:29 AM
I saw a Cooper S modified and although it looked good - the guy driving it did not suit the car. Mini's are cars that only suit certain people, the same goes for VW Beetles and Audi TT's, thats not to say they are bad cars.

If you can see yourself lookin good in a mini then go for it! But remember you'll have to see the car every morning and if you don't instantly look at it and say "yeh thats my motor" then it aint for you.

Although, a lot of us here don't drive the top of the range EP3 Type R, we all see our cars and love em.

My view on a mini is that even though the S comes with loads in and on it - I don't like the inside, I wouldn't like to see those round dials that stick out, every time I got in it.

Good luck wit da decision :)

Gasp23
04-14-2004, 05:56 AM
The only reason I stoped looking for the Mini is because you see them everywhere, that's one of the reasons I got the Si because you don't see them as often. Don't get me wrong, I think that the Mini is a great car but it's not good enough for my needs.

Jay H
04-14-2004, 06:22 AM
Then what do you do if you get a flat? The car doesn't have a spare.

The run flat tires allow you to continue to drive at lower speeds on the damaged tire until you are able to get that tire fixed. Tire construction (on these run flats) allows the tire to hold/carry a certain amount of weight without air in it and allow the tire to still be able to provide adequate (i.e. safe) handling to get you to a service station.

redronin22
04-14-2004, 06:34 AM
I think he was talking about switching out the tires for performance tires i/e non run flat tires.

Jay H
04-14-2004, 06:59 AM
Opps. Got it. I'm an idiot...

devilot
04-14-2004, 07:04 AM
My younger brother had a mini cooper s for all of seven months. Just like the BMW my parents had, it was junk. He had it in the shop more often than not and ended up driving a rental for nearly two of those seven months. They look nice and drive decent, but are not worth anything more than the cost of a Kia in respect to quality. At least not from what I have seen.

Zero Three Si
04-14-2004, 07:18 AM
Image is EVERYTHING in the Chicago area. As much as I liked the car, it's just not a car for a younger man. I'm a man's man...I'm not girly, sweet,cute,touchy feely in any sort of way. I just didn't want to be seen in public with that car.

Not to mention the price tag that comes with it. With all the options that I wanted it was a 26,000 dollar car. In the Chicagoland area there was also a 9 month waiting list for one. Yeah I want to be like the other 5,000 (26-35 yr old women) in Chicago.

FCobra94
04-14-2004, 07:31 AM
Yeah, as great as they seemed when they first came out, I've heard of WAY too many reliability problems with the MINI's to even consider one. Forget the run-flats, most people are too worried about their s/c's seizing sooner than getting a flat tire :(

Plus, for such a small car, I'd expect it to way MUCH less than our Si; which it doesn't, it ways just about the same, all the while seeming as if it has half as much space on the inside.

Other than that I think they're too small and overpriced. Give me a set of coilovers and rims/tires on the EP and I'd prob be just as happy ;)

JMHO

swrdply400mrela
04-14-2004, 07:53 AM
Just get a JRSC, and you have a Honda version of the Mini, but faster. Prolly should upgrade your clutch as well.

Surprise
04-14-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Siman
as for the quality issues.....the transmission in my honda is enough to make me second guess the quality of the Si....the Mini S has a Getrag 6 speed with DOUBLE CONE synchros vs. our single....

We have TRIPLE cones on the 1-2 shift and DOUBLE on all the other gears;) not single.

jaydub
04-14-2004, 08:20 AM
It's the perfect car, if you have a matching vagina.

Siman
04-14-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by jaydub
It's the perfect car, if you have a matching vagina.

that was completely wrong....and our cars do look like minivans....two friends told me that today:(

as for the mini, i think you guys have the wrong picture in mind...the options i would get, the car would end up looking like this:
http://www.johncooper.co.uk/PUBLIC/CM/WorksTuning/CooperS.jpg http://www.bmwworld.com/pics/mini/9738_1024.jpg
http://www.bmwworld.com/pics/mini/6599_1024.jpg

I can see if you dont have any of the accessories put on the car...it looks feminine...same goes with OUR cars...they are soo ugly stock...but dang....

I am going up to the dealership today to go drive one. I will tell you guys how it goes.;)

SIxtasy
04-14-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
I'm a man's man...I'm not girly, sweet,cute,touchy feely in any sort of way.

Oh man, this shit had me laughing my ass off. Thanx man, I needed that.

Anyway, I would rock a S. Yes even here in chicago, where " image is so important". Whatever dude, If you like the S, Go and get it. Only thing that concerns me is the reliability. What people on here have been saying as well as the latest Consumer Reports.... Doesn't make the Mini look good. Oh yeah, and if you get it go to http://new.minimania.com/ .

bobdobbs
04-14-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Jay H
Opps. Got it. I'm an idiot...
;)

bobdobbs
04-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by devilot
He had it in the shop more often than not and ended up driving a rental for nearly two of those seven months.
Yup, just like my co-worker. The joke around here is she bought one new car, but has gotten to drive six or seven. Of course, they're all rentals (and they're not Minis).

devilot
04-14-2004, 11:27 AM
Of course, they're all rentals (and they're not Minis).

Oh no of course the rentals aren't Minis. He had to drive a Dodge crayon, oops neon, or a Pontiac Sunfire for his rentals. :-) As if the mini wasn't embarrassing enough on it's own!

Zero Three Si
04-14-2004, 11:28 AM
If you get that car you're name screen name is

MR. BEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay H
04-14-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by devilot
He had to drive a Dodge crayon, oops neon, ...

That's funny stuff...

I test drove a base Mini last fall just to see what they are like while I was making my decision on when and if I should get an EP. The test car they gave me had about 300 miles on it and had more rattles in it than a dump truck half full of gravel. It felt like a cheap car, very much unlike our EP's do for about similar money (EP being less $). The S will have more power, but I bet build quality is the same between the two models.

But, the used ones still fly off the lots here in my area. Lots of first year ones for sale now...

Jay
03 Si (http://www.jays911.com/Si.htm)

tjtripp
04-14-2004, 12:16 PM
I read a long term report about the Mini. They stated the same thing that has been stated here many times. The interior fit and finish was bad. There was a lot of creeking in the plastics, etc. It also had to be taken in for repairs a couple of times during the test. I wouldn't do it. I'm not being biased towards the Si, I think the Mini's are pretty cool cars. It seems like they'd be a blast to drive. Just think ahead a couple of years (or year) when the novelty of a new car has worn off, do you want a car that's got reliablity issues?? For that much money, I'd rather have an SRT-4.

Grookes
04-14-2004, 12:56 PM
Have you looked at the repair rating in Consumer Reports? The Cooper is in the toilet! If you're having problems with your Si, you are certainly in the minority. The Mini was a runner-up to my Si...test drove the non-S, and it was pretty fun. My biggest problem was the size of the trunk. I need more space to haul my stuff - dog, baby, audit bags for work, etc. No regrets on the Si here.

...I was also looking at the WRX, but after hassling with getting a flat bed tow truck for my wife's AWD Forester, I wanted a two wheel drive for easier just-in-case towing. (Some butthole took off the Forester's transmission fluid filter thinking it was an oil filter, then put it back on with a bad seal. It sprayed my whole undercarriadge, thus the towtruck. Otherwise, happy with the car.)

More info than you wanted, eh?

Siman
04-14-2004, 02:27 PM
well i just test drove a base cooper with the sport accesories....suspension, steering wheel, CBC, EBD etc....

the car, though slow ( only 115HP) was very fun to drive...i loved the feel of the car in the corners, it was very stable. The steering feedback was like that of my brothers Type-s RSX, very firm. I loved the suspension...it did ride like a go kart, SWEET!

I loved the guages, the way the car was set up, I heard no rattles, the whole car was SOO sound, it made my EP feel like crap believe it or not! The salesgirl that helped me was extremely hot though, she has my phonenumber now LOL:p.

Besides that....the warranty on the car was great as well. 4 year, 36,000 mile, and all oil changes and fluid changes and other check ups are FREE, that is not a lie. I remember the BMW salesmen telling my dad during the M3 test drive that as well, the Mini store and BMW store are side by side....mini is made by BMW so its only fitting.

They are getting a 40th annavarsary Monte Carlo edition next month, kinda gaudy but cool looking. check it out HERE (http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2004-Mini-Cooper-S-MC40.htm)
They didnt have ANY S's in stock, only those of the dealership manager and employees....one of the employess mini's was AWSOME, had the full John Cooper kit :eek: ...thats as $5000 option!

anyway...Dana, the saleswoman, is going to call me when they get a S model in. I am going to go test one of those for sure before making my decision.

Dana was interested in my car, she was wondering what the shifter felt like being in the dash....she liked it alot, but when i told her of the problems i have had, she was kind of shocked herself. Yeah its her job to convince me that her product is worth it and all....

the worst thing was when she walked up to my Si, she said "well thats a cute car, kinda like a little mini-van..." no lie:(

well thats about it for now. I will soon find out if a mini is in my future....:D

and you guys that are bashing the mini.....why in the world do you find the car ugly, the car looks soo good, especially the employess car...if you saw that one, you would second guess you remarks about the cars...just my $.02;)

bobdobbs
04-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Geez, you're right man, it's a great car and we're all nuts. Have fun with it. See you around, I guess...

CaTiRo
04-14-2004, 03:00 PM
so you don't like it when people say your car is cute .... yet you are looking at getting a "mini cooper". hummm okay. i have heard the same about people having a lot of problems with the mini coopers. and it is rare to have a lot of problems with honda, guess you got a lemon or something. i have had a lot of hondas and they are by far very reliable cars. had a 85 prelude and got rid of it when it reach 250,000 miles and it still was running good. oh well. its your choice.

Siman
04-14-2004, 03:01 PM
Motor trend hasnt had a problem with their S for a year....
"One Year Test Update: 2003 Mini Cooper S
A first-rate cross-country hauler

By Scott Mead
Photography by John MCGann
Motor Trend, 2004-01-01 00:00:00
At the conclusion of our 2004 Sport/Utility of the Year competition, Online Editorial Director Jeff Bartlett hopped into the long-term S for a three-day trek to our Florida office. Armed with a cache of CDs, he enjoyed the aural company of the harmon/kardon audio system during the 2400-mile journey. Bart reports the Mini is a first-rate cross-country hauler--in spite of its sporty suspension and short wheelbase. The Mini's bucket seats provide great support for long stints, and the car offers good fuel economy, with a 28.6-mpg average for the trip. With just over seven grand on the clock, the Cooper S hasn't given us a lick of trouble, though we expect the service-interval lamp to illuminate any day now signaling time to change the oil and filter. Prior to the Mini's Florida jaunt, Truck Trend Art Director Thomas Voehringer crammed in his family of four, only to hear complaints about the tight rear seat--the Mini is fine for small kids, but adults will find leg- and footroom lacking."

Sport Compact Car has their cooper....all they can say is goog things about the car...
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/projectcars/0307scc_mini/

Siman
04-14-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by CaTiRo
so you don't like it when people say your car is cute .... yet you are looking at getting a "mini cooper". hummm okay. i have heard the same about people having a lot of problems with the mini coopers. and it is rare to have a lot of problems with honda, guess you got a lemon or something. i have had a lot of hondas and they are by far very reliable cars. had a 85 prelude and got rid of it when it reach 250,000 miles and it still was running good. oh well. its your choice.

the word was not cute that stood out, rather the word Minivan:(....

bobdobbs....get a life, quite making yourself mad:).

bobdobbs
04-14-2004, 03:08 PM
Yeah, and I suppose the full-page Mini ads in Motor Trend and SCC have nothing to do with it... :rolleyes:

jaydub
04-14-2004, 03:09 PM
confucius say:

man who drive mini cooper, take it in the pooper.

:angel:

bobdobbs
04-14-2004, 03:09 PM
bobdobbs....get a life, quite making yourself mad:).
Damn, "get a life". That's clever. :rolleyes:

the JigGa mAn
04-14-2004, 03:17 PM
a cooper S with the coopers package would be fun at an auto x event or a track like gingerman..

Gs02SiR
04-14-2004, 03:42 PM
A friend of mine owns a Cooper S and I have driven it on a couple of occassions.

I know he has had the following problems

1) Glove compartment falls open when going over large bumps

2) Rear trunk tray doesn't close properly

3) Doors rattle

4) If you DO need a tow, it has to be a flatbed truck. A real pain when you break down (or get hit by an SUV) in the middle of nowhere.

However, this car is an amazing drive. Dont ever sit in the back seat for any period and expect your back to survive, but you aint gonna sit back there anyways.

The factor that turned me off the Mini, was its maintenance cost. An oil change at the BMW dealership in Toronto cost (I believe) $75-$100. You gotta pay BMW maintenance costs, and my friend told me you can't get out of the dealer for less then $100. Now, you may decide to goto a private mechanic, but what are parts gonna cost?

With regards to this being a "chick car". This guy constantly has girls coming up to him and asking about the car. On the other hand, he also has hundreds of old Brits coming up to him and telling him "I used to own one of those....BUT back then..."

G

03silverEP
04-14-2004, 03:50 PM
it's a nice car, but kinda small and underpowered for the money. and the center speedo bugs me. for $23,500 you could get a WRX, a neon w/275 hp ($3,500 on mopar performance parts), RSX, 2001 S2000, RX-8 base, a year old 350Z, etc....

bloodzombie
04-14-2004, 03:55 PM
I haven't driven one, but I really want to. I'm with siman on the go kart factor, I think that's cool. If they were cheaper, i'd be into it for sure, but when you're talking 24k, just get a WRX.

ps. anyone who buys or doesn't buy a car because they're concerned about image is a complete tool.

Siman
04-14-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
confucius say:
man who drive mini cooper, take it in the pooper.
:angel:

confucius= confusion

are you calling me GAY? isnt that a little harsh....what if their is a gay person on this site.....i am not gay, but would highly advise you to refrane from those sexist comments.

The car is phenominal in handling....thats what i look for the most in a sport compact...there are alot of posers out there, and sadly i think the Si is one of them...

And about the magazine articles...I have EVERY SINGLE Motortrend, car and driver, sport compact car, automobile, road and track issue from 5 years ago ( when i started really getting into cars) I have a subsctription to each, i read every one of them and remember the articles about the car...The only times they had any problems were the first ones made, the 2002 coopers. the new 2004's have been refined as alot of other cars have been, s2000 the new 2004 si etc...

I think the car can be very aggressive in styling, it just depends on the way you look at it.

http://www.thepilo.com/images/storeimages/WIDEBODY.jpg
http://www.hamann-motorsport.de/pictures/p111.jpg

jaydub
04-14-2004, 03:59 PM
oh shut up. It was a joke, and it ain't my fault you don't know who confucius is. If you can't handle a few jokes about one's sexual preference, you better be prepared to beat some ass when they make fun of you once you DO own it.

Siman
04-14-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by bloodzombie
I haven't driven one, but I really want to. I'm with siman on the go kart factor, I think that's cool. If they were cheaper, i'd be into it for sure, but when you're talking 24k, just get a WRX.

ps. anyone who buys or doesn't buy a car because they're concerned about image is a complete tool.

well said!

oh shut up. It was a joke, and it ain't my fault you don't know who confucius is. If you can't handle a few jokes about one's sexual preference, you better be prepared to beat some ass when they make fun of you once you DO own it.

I know who confucius is/was...and if i get a mini and we stumble across paths....i will make sure I beet you ass for some training:D LOL

Its ok...I cant take critisizm or however you spell it...I am tired heheh

Hamann has a badass mini...here are some sound waves:
http://www.hamann-motorsport.de/homee.htm

Dunrick
04-14-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by CaTiRo
so you don't like it when people say your car is cute .... yet you are looking at getting a "mini cooper". hummm okay.

lol - i couldnt have said it any different.

jaydub
04-14-2004, 04:11 PM
I don't care how fast/cool it can be made, I liken it to a New Beetle. My wife had a new beetle.

Siman
04-14-2004, 04:27 PM
Whoa
http://www.rspeed.net/images/product/promini_aero.jpg :eek:

Siman
04-14-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Dunrick
lol - i couldnt have said it any different.

you couldnt have read my post any more wrong...

she called the Si a minivan....

emosubaru
04-14-2004, 04:36 PM
they're cool cars, no doubt, but...

1- that kit looks like ass.

2- there's no aftermarket kits for it because the supercharger doesn't take well to pulleys and what not

3- it's fun and true to its euro roots but for the money you could go a lot faster. it will always depend on what a driver wants out of a car. some people love european automobiles, this is a great buy for them. i'd rather get another car.

one thing that really aggrivates me, and sure it's just a pet peeve but...

i HATE it when people compare new cars to used cars. you just can't do it. no excuse will sway my opinion of that. if you want to compare this to a 350Z, do it by saying "it's only 3-8 thousand less and not nearly as powerful". you can't say "oh hey you can just buy a different car that may still have it's warrenty but may not and may have been driven properly or may have been flogged or hey, blah de blah de blabbity blah. de deer de da deeerdy dumb.

okay i'm done ranting.

someone remind me as to why the mini-s thread is in the EP forum?

EDIT: that hamann stuff is HELLA nice. even though it's probably an arm and a leg... still hella nice.

bobdobbs
04-14-2004, 04:39 PM
Whoa:eek:
http://www.flatface.net/~wombatsmt/images/yaf.jpg

the JigGa mAn
04-14-2004, 04:40 PM
confucius= confusion

there are alot of posers out there, and sadly i think the Si is one of them...

how is the Si a poser?

i think that comment will prolly piss alot of people off

the JigGa mAn
04-14-2004, 04:41 PM

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHA

Siman
04-14-2004, 04:52 PM

takes one to know one:rolleyes:

I cant talk bad about the ep3 chassis, its a great chassis dont get me wrong. But from the FACTORY, its a boy racer car...a poser...
thats why we modify them.

as for all the name calling...what does that accomplish? Just sensless talk.

http://picture.funnyjunk.com/pics/wtfcat.jpg
first...why the f*** would you keep on commenting...you have made your point, you are starting to sound like a broken record

second...your not funny, that image is probably your wallpaper...

so here is mine to yours:
http://media1.funnyjunk.com/pics/upyours.jpg

Siman
04-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Bobdobbs:

http://picture.funnyjunk.com/pics/chinese.jpg

pictures can speak a thousand words. This one says it in 4 words....i saved you some time for the workout that follows.

bobdobbs
04-14-2004, 05:04 PM
takes one to know one

http://www.haveanicelife.com/users/p_cards/pc_imsoglad.gif

FCobra94
04-14-2004, 05:05 PM

And about the magazine articles...I have EVERY SINGLE Motortrend, car and driver, sport compact car, automobile, road and track issue from 5 years ago ( when i started really getting into cars) I have a subsctription to each, i read every one of them and remember the articles about the car...The only times they had any problems were the first ones made, the 2002 coopers.
Dude. The magazine's get ONE car to test, no doubt hand picked by MINI themselves. You mean to tell me that not ONE of these COUNTLESS horror stories sways your decision one bit?

To go from a car that you say has given you a good enough amount of trouble for you to think about getting something else, to one that has a spotty reliablity record, at best, is kinda silly. To hear from a good amount of automotive enthusisats that the best mod they've done to their MINI is a "for sale" sign should mean something :rolleyes:

The car obviously looks good; better than our Si in stock form, even, but I personally don't think it's enough to warrant a sacrafice to poor reliability and high ownership costs. Not to mention the price it costs to buy one.

Some people in this thread have been less respectful than others, but I feel that everyone is trying to make you realize that this might be an impulse buy at best :p

Just my opinion, but that's what you asked for...

Siman
04-14-2004, 05:26 PM
i have researched these cars for a while now off and on.....you dont know me so dont put words in my mouth...

I am going to stop arguing now...LMAO:p

Bobdobbs I am not gay....are you homophobic?

so i dont give a fuck what you say and to follow that 4 letter word, here is the definition...
http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/history.htm

FCobra94
04-14-2004, 05:33 PM
I'm not putting words in anyones mouth; you asked for everyone's opinion and that's what you got. If you don't like what people have to say, don't ask...

Is it too late to delete this thread? :rolleyes:

Siman
04-14-2004, 05:34 PM
and this is to EPhatch....you guys are great REALLY.

http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/ice_cream.htm

its just some people tend to piss me off on a good day.

Siman
04-14-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by FCobra94
I'm not putting words in anyones mouth; you asked for everyone's opinion and that's what you got. If you don't like what people have to say, don't ask...

Is it too late to delete this thread? :rolleyes:

its not to late to delete you from this thread though!:p

it would be alot easier that way.

we here are EP hatchers....why does your avater have a pustang?:confused:

jaydub
04-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Enough.

Peking
04-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Siman only a few folks are giving you any hassle. Anyway do want you want, but IMO the car is small, underpowered, overpriced, and over rated.

its not to late to delete you from this thread though!:p

it would be alot easier that way.

we here are EP hatchers....why does your avater have a pustang?:confused:

Alright no need to knock on his avatar :p