PDA

View Full Version : Xenarc HID X1010 Auxiliary Low Beam Kit

ahhhonda
04-14-2004, 10:31 AM
Can someone who has added this kit either comment on the install or better yet, post a pic or three? I just ordered it and I'm looking for some installation tips. Thanks!!!

oogy-boogy
04-14-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by ahhhonda
Can someone who has added this kit either comment on the install or better yet, post a pic or three? I just ordered it and I'm looking for some installation tips. Thanks!!!

Hehehe....Mine just came in last week. :)

Unfortunately, the EP is in the shop so I won't have any install pics until it comes back. Hopefully, it'll be my first project for the return of my baby. :)

blackthreat
04-17-2004, 11:56 PM
The kit is pretty dam strait forward. The only problem your going to have is getting them mounted to you bumper. your going to have to rig an extender cause you need about an inch and a half extra reach. one idea is to get a wood block and get longer bolts so you can give it extra reach. the hole in the bumper is way to low for the mounts that they suplly for you. Your also going to have to cut up the inside of you bumper, so have a dremel moto tool on hand. It's a pretty tight fit. Don't worry you won't notice it from the out side. Ill get some more pics tomarrow for ya. The only other problem your going to have is aiming them. Be carefull there F'in bright. Plus keep the manual in your car at all time. they actually recommend it in the manual. This is just incase you get questioned about them {pullovers and such}. I also found a place behind the horn to mount the ballasts on each side there's already holes there on each side. Ok I have photo's to show you now but for some reason this time it won't alow me. Im still trying to figure out how to possibly get the image down to 1000bts. at this quality i can't even imagine that the image would be even understandable?