PDA

View Full Version : tien s tech spring noise

kpjumper
04-14-2004, 05:40 PM
i installed some tien s tech springs on my si and have about 4000 miles on them. i get a clocking noise everytime i turn my wheels to the left. It seems like the whole spring is twisting while my wheel turns. Is this something i should be worried about or is there a way to fix it???? Any help welcomed.....

Also, i was wondering what the average life span our shocks can last with tien s tech springs.

i-vtec04si
04-14-2004, 05:46 PM
which side clicks.... driver or passanger? front or rear?

kpjumper
04-14-2004, 05:49 PM
front driver side

i-vtec04si
04-14-2004, 05:54 PM
hmmm i got the same prob only at a very slow speed. just installed mine sunday.

kpjumper
04-14-2004, 05:57 PM
yeah, mine starts knocking when i am going really slow. like everytime i turn the wheel all the way to the left. ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO FIX IT? how bad is it for it to be twisting all the time?

ep3_civic_si
04-14-2004, 06:34 PM
i heard bout this problem too for the s-tech i have s-tech on mines and they are fine...i heard that when u put the springs and shocks back on did u have to pack some grease in the part where the shocks is connected to the chassis? u know if u look under ur hood and and where the shocks the bolts for the shocks are there is a rubber triangler shape under it u should put some grease not some actually alot of grease:p and oh yeah also when u bought ur springs the brown thing that is attach to the coil is that installed with the springs? i dunno if i'm making any sense but let me find the thread about this problem i read on ephatch and i'll try my best to help out

Accordexcpe95
04-14-2004, 07:45 PM
check all the bolts.. it happened to mine awhile bak. but after i re-tightened all of them,(btw the one on the steerling rod is loose). the noise went away after that.

dustinhurley
04-14-2004, 09:11 PM
I just put some Teins on last weekend. I greased the hell out of everything that touches. I have no noises at all and I love it. The springs I had on before were loud as hell.