PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Fast....CTR v. ITR

TrueRace
04-14-2004, 08:00 PM
ONLY REPLY IF YOU ACUTALLY KNOW YOUR SHIT

I recently purchased a K20A motor from a place, I was under the impression that it was the ITR K20A, after further inspection it has turned out to be the CTR K20A...NOW; I have the option to return the motor for a verified ITR K20A...BUT it's a 8 hour round trip to do so...

So, I and some friends have been looking around online, mainly Honda of Japan and j-garage for information; and have found some interesting things

#1: It appears both motors have the same bore/stroke and compression ratio (which leads me to believe they use the same crank, rods, and pistons)

#2: It also appears both use the same Transmission; or at least the same gearing, Final Drive, and LSD; but will the shift linkages be different (ie: Will i not be able to use the CTR w/ the RSX shifter b/c of the different Civic Shifter mounting area)

#3: The K20A ITR motor makes 220ps (216.99 hp) while the K20A CTR motor makes 215ps (212.05 hp)..Could this be ECU related? They both share the same redline

#4: The head, are they the same? Are the cams the same?

#5: TB and IM: I'm about to measure the throttle body, but do the two motors share the same Intake Manifold?

So basically I ask you this:

Are the motors the same?
Will the CTR shifter cables mate to a RSX shifter assembly?

That's all for now..thanks...I'm also gonna put this in general to get more traffic as I need to find the answers in the next 24 hrs.

SIRMcD
04-17-2004, 05:46 AM
I believe the diff is the intake manifold, I would check the exact cam specs as well.

Siman
04-17-2004, 08:39 PM
just do the trip....once you will do it you will be glad you have a bonafied ITR motor;)

the JDM CTR's have the ITR motor I thougt, the UKDM CTR's have the RSX type-s K20A2 motor....

so if its a JDM CTR motor, stick with it, if its a UKDM CTR motor, take it back:D