PDA

View Full Version : Flik Wheels- what do you think?

sabrownfl
04-14-2004, 08:25 PM
What do you think?

LINKY!!! (http://www.edgeracing.com/wheels/flik/)

Specifically the fifth set down, the Blast C.

Looks like a nice wheel, and you cannot beat the price. Anyone have any input on the quality of these wheels or the service from this company?

sabrownfl

Exit117K20
04-14-2004, 10:44 PM
I personally like the Spoon/Rota lookalikes. I have never heard of these Rims though, has anyone, or does anyone have them? They look real nice and are really lightweight, I'm thinkin' about getting 'em.

BlackSi613nin
04-15-2004, 06:03 AM
holy crap, those rims are pretty nice.. the spoon look a like (blast-c) are only89bux a peice, that pretty cheap! and they are like 11 lbs!.. i like them the best out of those wheels

joHn
http://www.edgeracing.com/images/wheel/flik_blast-c_front_zoom.jpg
Flik Blast-c
Size: 15x6.5
PCD: 4x100
ET: 40
Weight: 11.9lbs.
89bux on special

Ep3 No.2
04-15-2004, 08:27 AM
fliks from what i heard are really low quality.
all i gotta say is you get what you pay for.

sabrownfl
04-15-2004, 04:25 PM
Not to bust on you, but exactly where did you here that Flik wheels were low quality? I have not found much, if any info on them at all.

While I will agree that you generally get what you pay for, once in a rare while you find some true bargains that are high quality products. I don't know if that is the case here, but at $89 a wheel it may be worth a look. Many of the other wheels listed sell for more, so this could be an intro or a special. I am just wondering if anyone has FIRST HAND info on this company or these wheels.

sabrownfl

audomatik
04-15-2004, 07:38 PM
i know of a lot of VW owners riding on Flik wheels. i think its just the funny name that gives them the bad rep. people just assume its bad quality. look at rota wheels, they're cheap but i'd say the quality is pretty good. anyone hear of someone having a problem with rota wheels? its worht a shot. for $89 a wheel, you can't go wrong. i'd say go for it.

SiR_d1
04-15-2004, 08:23 PM
I like the Fuel one

sabrownfl
04-16-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by audomatik
i know of a lot of VW owners riding on Flik wheels. i think its just the funny name that gives them the bad rep. people just assume its bad quality. look at rota wheels, they're cheap but i'd say the quality is pretty good. anyone hear of someone having a problem with rota wheels? its worht a shot. for $89 a wheel, you can't go wrong. i'd say go for it.

That's what I'm talking about. A knock-off is a knock-off. If it looks good and is of decent quality then the VALUE is there. I like the Fuel Carbon model as well. I just did not want to spend the money if the wheels were crap overall and wanted some first-hand impressions.

EP-JokeR
04-19-2004, 04:34 PM
Not just have i had 3 sets of FLIK wheels i also work there, these wheels are strong and light and i autocross, i had a integra gs-r before my EP-hatch and i autocross with them and never had any problems, i have landed on railroad tracks hard and nothing, this wheels are cheap, light and strong. Here in florida many people have them and many autocrossers use them and no complains. Would recomend to any friends, and belive me many of my friends do have them.

By the way the blast come in at the end of the month, probably next week, so if any questions got to edgeracing.com, by the way im not a sales person, im the warehouse manager. Not trying to sell just give my opinion.

sabrownfl
04-19-2004, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the info. Just waiting until my stockies are beat, then new shoes all around! I got to have a way to justify to my wife.

sabrownfl

JHM-EP3
04-21-2004, 04:36 PM
i would go for rota then flik cuz the motor sports racing wheels sticker is killing it hahaha

BlasTech
04-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Hmmm, I think its quite possible the Fliks come off the same phillipine assembly line as Rotas...just like some of the Konigs do.

Keeyu
04-22-2004, 08:19 AM
nice rims for the price

PAPITUYO326
04-22-2004, 09:20 AM
i just bought tires from that site yesterday

i live in fla so i didnt need to get shipping

paid 267.12 for 4 TOYO Proxes FZ4 20545ZR16 W rated(189 mph)

good price if ya ask me...excellent service, very friendly people

i looked and held their wheels...they are really nice. Large selection of very well done and lightweight imitations.

if i hadnt bought my rotas already i would have considered getting em.

-dave

VividDreams
04-22-2004, 10:24 AM
i like these:
http://www.edgeracing.com/images/wheel/flik_lex_front_zoom.jpg

too bad the smallest they make is a 17:(