PDA

View Full Version : parts list for the AEM CAI

siver-SI
04-15-2004, 04:25 PM
Just wondering does anyone have the parts that should come with the AEM CAI? Getting it used so want to make sure everything is there before I install it and find out that I am missing something. Also a link to the instructions would be great. I am not sure I am getting them I forgot to ask.

thanks,

DnBCivicSI
04-16-2004, 08:50 AM
-the cai tube
-filter
-2 large hose clamps
-5 smaller hose clamps - it will only come with 4, so go by another one. you'll see why.
-about 30 inches of some small vacume tubing(3/8")
-about 30 inches of larger vacume tubing(3/4")
-rubber gromet for the cold air sensor
-rubber mount for connecting the tube to subframe.
-Rubber Hose connector(for connecting intake tube to TB)

Open the hood and remove all the stock gabage.
Jack up the car, remove driver side front wheel.
Remove the wheel well liner. Pull out the middle section of the little snaps and they will fall right out. There are two sizes so remeber what goes where. although its pretty obvious.
Install the intake tube, first put the rubber hose connector on the tube, this is where the two large hose clamps come in, then put the tube onto the TB. Dont tighten it yet!!!
At this point the bracket for the tube should be very close to the factory drilled hole in the subframe where you will bolt the tube on USING THE RUBBER MOUNTING THINGY. Tighten that bolt.
Install the filter. Tighten that clamp, then go back and tighten the two large ones on top.
Connect the 3/4 & 3/8" hoses, you'll see what im talking about when I say you need five clamps.
Install the Sensor gromet and sensor.
When you reinstall the whell well liner you'll have to trim it or it wont fit.
disconnect the battery for about 15 seconds and your done.

I most likely forgot some shit. So PM me if you got ?'s.

siver-SI
04-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Thanks. I just got it used for $134 shipped for a month old one so I am happy. Asked him if all the parts were in the box that you stated and he said yet. Allways good to check before shipping. :)

SiR_Honda
04-16-2004, 10:06 PM
I installed mine with this instruction
http://www.deepstaged.net/aemcivicsi.htm

Put the sensor carefully... you dont want the rubber go in the intake tube! like me at the end :confused:

P.S. Why do we need to disconnect the battery for 15s? (the reset make a difference?)

DnBCivicSI
04-17-2004, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by SiR_Honda
I installed mine with this instruction
http://www.deepstaged.net/aemcivicsi.htm

Put the sensor carefully... you dont want the rubber go in the intake tube! like me at the end :confused:

P.S. Why do we need to disconnect the battery for 15s? (the reset make a difference?)

lol at the sensor falling in. lolol. I did it too.

Its an attempt to reset the ecu i guess. Mine idled high the first time I drove it even though I disconnected it. But it was recommended to me, so I'll do the same. After that it was fine though.

@ siver-SI - Cool, glad I could help.

SiRRider
04-17-2004, 05:56 AM
I just purchased mine and it should be here next Thursday. Cant wait!!! been wanting a CAI since I bought this car. THanks for the info on the install.