PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Like Their Honda Fog Lights ?

JSIR
10-11-2002, 08:22 PM
Just wondering how well they work, anyone that has them like them ?. My 99 SiR Honda fog lights were top notch, great quality and fitment, just wondering how well the EP versions work. If anyone that has them could give us an opinion it would be greatly appreciated. I like the look of the fogs. thanks.

Joey

ottawa_ep
10-11-2002, 08:27 PM
Sweet I was going to post the exact same thing. Just wondering also how much there selling for @ the dealers on the honda website there more than 600$ cdn... thats insane for fog lights

TrippZ
10-11-2002, 09:58 PM
before my dad raped me of my beloved EP, i used the foglights occasionly. basically, it lights up the road like whoa. i was in the middle lane, and i could see all the way into the OTHER SIDE of the road, and about 20 ft ahead of me. man, im gonna miss my ep :(

natesi
10-11-2002, 11:34 PM
Seriously... "Fog lights" are for fog.

I know that sounds simple, but they are not meant to be used as driving lights. Mostly you're just pissing off other drivers (like me) by blinding them. The beam pattern is more dispersed and less directed than a normal driving light. As one fellow driver to another, please don't do this.

Unless you get a lot of fog, on most cars they are only for looks. Especially the ones that come equipped on cars--they are not worth the damn, especially in fog.

As a side note, today, I almost ran into some idiot because it was pitch black out and he was only driving with his parking lights (and fogs) coming over the crest of the hill. I saw his parking lights only (at first) and it was an optical illusion--looked like he was a mile away when he was really pretty close, because for a second or two all I saw were parking lights. I almost ran into him, had I not hesitated for a second.

SmoothOperator
10-12-2002, 12:18 AM
Hey Joey,
Chris Butters has foglights on the red, London Honda EP. He was following me one night after an LAC meet, and his fogs were bright as hell. He also almost rear ended me. Locked up his brakes and everything. You considering getting them? Or are you just curious?

JSIR
10-12-2002, 06:15 AM
yeah I would consider getting them depending on how well they work. Probably something I would do over the winter months when my car is put away, I can install them myself and save a few bucks. Thanks for the replies. Thanks for the tip Rob, I may check out Chris' Civic and see what they look like in person, I've only seen pics of them in the brochure.

Mr.02BlackSIguY
10-12-2002, 02:16 PM
wuld the OEM fog lights fit with the euro or JDM bumper? or do u have to buy the euro and JDM foglights to fit with the bumper. just wondering because i want to do JDM bumpers with that kit.

Si_Nutt
10-12-2002, 06:21 PM
I like mine. Had them put on when I bought the car. I drive a lot of back roads in the morning, so fog is a definite factor for me. Plus they clean the front end up and IMO look better than without.

Type X
10-13-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Mr.02BlackSIguY
wuld the OEM fog lights fit with the euro or JDM bumper? or do u have to buy the euro and JDM foglights to fit with the bumper. just wondering because i want to do JDM bumpers with that kit.

wondering that too

i dont wanna buy OEM fogs if when i get the CTR bumpers than they dont fit
cause than i will be SUPER pissed :)

Mr.02BlackSIguY
10-14-2002, 03:57 PM
anyone know the answer to this question? if the OEM fogs fit the JDM/EuRO bumper?