PDA

View Full Version : so i got CTR brakes, need help

sleepinEP3
04-16-2004, 01:32 AM
so i have the option to buy EP3-R knuckles. comes with the following:
hub, rotor, caliper and dustshield. all as one piece. so 4 pieces total[1 for each corner].
does any body have experience with these parts and know wether or not these will bolt up? i figure the rear should bolt up fine but the front is where im worried. im have no clue if the stock axle will fit in the EP3-r hub or not. if not, do i use type s axles?

also it doesnt come with dust caps for the center of the hub? so again could i retain the stock or use type s ones if needed.

any help is greatly appreciated, the ep is going up on stands this weekend to find out what im gonna have to do, im not gonna pass up these brakes.

cpu519
04-16-2004, 09:07 AM
I've done the Type S 5 lug swap, and comparing the specs and pictures of the Type S and CTR, they seem like they use the same parts. Rotor size is the same. Except for the CTR logo on the calipers, both calipers look the same. Honda interchanges a lot of parts between models, I would bet they are the same parts. If so, then you'll need to use Type S axles for those front hubs. You'll need to use the Type S dust caps, stock ones are too small in diameter. Click the link in my sig for info about the swap.

sleepinEP3
04-16-2004, 12:23 PM
hmm, no CTR logo on the calipers. it just says Nissin and a number 16C16VN on the top of the caliper.
they look to be about 11.8. two piston. so now im unsure if theyre just type s knuckles or JDM.

and thanks for the help, ive read your write up on the 5 lug at least 100 times.

JMI
04-16-2004, 07:40 PM
These bolt up fine. They are the same as type-s except have type-r in the casting. They are single piston. Sounds like you are looking are something else...

jdmpwr
04-16-2004, 08:57 PM
IF you have the JDM CTR brakes it will say Civic Type r on the caliper in red. If not then you either have the UK CTR brakes (they dont say civic type r on them) or you have rsx-s brakes!!! Just so you know all of those set-ups are all the same other then the caliper says type r on it.

sleepinEP3
04-16-2004, 11:24 PM
okay, so what do i need to order from acura? all 4 dustcaps, and axles right? do i need complete axles or just the outer portion. anything else i missed?
thanks again everyone for their input, looks like im gonna have to work with him on the price now.

JMI
04-17-2004, 06:27 AM
You'll need the outer joint. This is what the CTR look's like.

http://www.japanmotorimport.com/Customers/images/IMG_1924.jpg