PDA

View Full Version : fuel cutoff switch?

atomic_rice
04-16-2004, 02:28 AM
has anyone done a fuel cutoff switch to an ep? i've seen diagrams for other hondas, but not for the ep. i searched but found nothing. im getting paranoid about my car since my friends car was stolen a few days ago.

oogy-boogy
04-16-2004, 03:44 AM
Link! :p (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11809&highlight=fuel+pump)

Turbo_BumblBee
06-13-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by atomic_rice
has anyone done a fuel cutoff switch to an ep? i've seen diagrams for other hondas, but not for the ep. i searched but found nothing. im getting paranoid about my car since my friends car was stolen a few days ago.

what type of car did you friend have?? you have an EP and it has an immobilizer chip in the key.. unless someone has made a copy of your key, its a lot harder for them to steal the car.. a cut off switch isnt needed for your application

atomic_rice
06-15-2004, 08:03 PM
she had a modified 99 integra gsr. she got it stolen right outside of her apartment. it sucks, cause she loved her baby to death, and i've never felt so helpless watching her cry. :(

Silvershadow
07-10-2004, 01:39 AM
just hook up a kill switch in series with the clutch switch.

blackdc5
07-10-2004, 03:30 AM
just hook up a kill switch in series with the clutch switch.

How do you do those?

I had the link for a fuel cutoff switch (pretty easy IMO, and I'm a newbie to electrical/wiring stuff) but I can't find it. It's basically splicing the fuel line from the fuel pump (underneath rear seats) w/ a switch. I was thinking of doing this, but I realized one day my car will be gutted (no carpet) which will make the fuel cutoff switch pointless.

Silvershadow
07-10-2004, 11:58 AM
Just remove one of the wires from the clutch safety switch and add your 2wires & switch between the opening.

The other prob is if they stole your friends car using a flatbed truck.There was enough she could do except park it in a garage.

blackdc5
07-10-2004, 01:12 PM
So the clutch switch is the same principal as the fuel cutoff switch?

EDIT: Here's the link for the fuel cut off switch:
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=911207&postid=10409974#10409974

Silvershadow
07-11-2004, 12:12 AM
With fuel cut-off u get cranking ,but no start.
With clutch safety u get nothing.Goto ur car & start the car w/o pressing the clutch...NOTHING.

SiR R8TD
04-23-2008, 12:23 PM
what type of car did you friend have?? you have an EP and it has an immobilizer chip in the key.. unless someone has made a copy of your key, its a lot harder for them to steal the car.. a cut off switch isnt needed for your application

If you have kpro w/ an unmatched ecu, a fuel cutoff is a good idea.

kprocivic
04-23-2008, 12:27 PM
If you have kpro w/ an unmatched ecu, a fuel cutoff is a good idea.

this thread is from 04 mister.

epshtielsl
04-23-2008, 12:28 PM
she had a modified 99 integra gsr. she got it stolen right outside of her apartment. it sucks, cause she loved her baby to death, and i've never felt so helpless watching her cry. :(

You should have PIITB :heh:

Yeah the EP3 comes with an immobilizer, so unless they have your key or a copy the car won't start. Kpro disables the immobilizer so it would be a good idea to get it done if you have Kpro. If they have a flatbed truck though, there is nothing you can really do.

epshtielsl
04-23-2008, 12:35 PM
this thread is from 04 mister.

:doh: In that case IBTL

oogy-boogy
04-23-2008, 12:45 PM
No worries. All threads that haven't been created since last Friday are from 2004.