PDA

View Full Version : Greddy, Rev Hard intercooler kits

bgsteve523
04-16-2004, 09:10 AM
OK I am going to upgrade sooner rather then later on the I/C now my question is does the I/C kits come with all the required piping to do the install, and is there a spot for the bov or do i need to get a piece welded on?????
Thank you,
Steve O

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-16-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by bgsteve523
OK I am going to upgrade sooner rather then later on the I/C now my question is does the I/C kits come with all the required piping to do the install, and is there a spot for the bov or do i need to get a piece welded on?????
Thank you,
Steve O

Both should come w/ all the piping you need but you may have to modify the piping of the revhard kit to work w/ your greddy turbo...greddy should be a simple bolt-on...dunno about the flange...im sure the revhard comes w/ the flange, dunno bout the greddy.

bgsteve523
04-16-2004, 09:26 AM
basicly i need to find out about the flange that's very important right now. I really want the greddy to go with the turbo but ill go with the best. Any more info is good
Thank you

RiCeCoOkEr1280
04-16-2004, 09:26 AM
The rev hard intercooler kit does come w/ a flange for the type s bov... no mods are required when installing it... as far as the greddy, dunno about the flange either... plus, the revhard is about $50 cheaper from showstoppers than the greddy...

ep_nezay
04-16-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
you need but you may have to modify the piping of the revhard kit to work w/ your greddy turbo.

No modifications required for the revhard IC kit. It also comes with a BOV flange welded already. Well, mine did.

bgsteve523
04-16-2004, 10:02 AM
cool thank you now i hope someone has one and takes paypal!?!?!
Thanks,
Steve O

bgsteve523
04-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Ok so i called greddy and found out that there I/C does not come with the flange welded on so I am 100% going with rev hard now. Where can i get one? How much? How hard is the install? And most Inportant is there a big difference with performance with the I/C over not having one?? How much of a dif? Is it like you can kind of feel it or is it like night and day?
Thank You,
Steve O

ep_nezay
04-16-2004, 06:09 PM
1) Where can i get one? How much? 2)How hard is the install? 3) And most Inportant is there a big difference with performance 4)Is it like you can kind of feel it or is it like night and day?
Thank You,
Steve O

1) Showstoppers call Chuck or Rocky(818-243-0954) and tell them I sent you for a discount;)

2)Were you ever good with legos? :p

3)Yes.

4)Night and day.

PS: I got pics of the install when you get your IC, I can send them to you for refrence.

bgsteve523
04-16-2004, 07:10 PM
awesome i will call them.
I was awesome with lego's lol
so it is a big difference??
Yes please send the pics that would be great.
Thank you again

bgsteve523
04-19-2004, 08:27 AM
I talked to chuck at showstoppers and they have the revhard kit in but he says it comes with the vortech bov flange so i have to buy a vortech bov to make it work kind of sucks.

bgsteve523
04-19-2004, 03:39 PM
I got the rev hard should be in very soon.
Does any one have pics or a walk thru to make this install easier??
I assume I need to send off my e-man now for the new program right?
Thanks guys,
Steve O

eurosteez
04-26-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by ep_nezay

2)Were you ever good with legos? :p

OMG thats hilarious.
That makes me more confident in self-installing my turbo when the time comes:D
Legos kicked ass. Those were the only toys I owned

ep_nezay
04-28-2004, 10:05 AM
I talked to chuck at showstoppers and they have the revhard kit in but he says it comes with the vortech bov flange so i have to buy a vortech bov to make it work kind of sucks.

Really? Thats weird because Im using a Greddy type S, it fit fine.

ep_nezay
04-28-2004, 10:08 AM
I got the rev hard should be in very soon.
Does any one have pics or a walk thru to make this install easier??
I assume I need to send off my e-man now for the new program right?
Thanks guys,
Steve O

I have a few pics I can upload for you.
Yes, send in your emanage, maybe get hondata aswell;).

bgsteve523
04-28-2004, 11:46 AM
well just talked to kenji and sent in my emanage to him I should have it back on friday. Found out that I am running the old program I didn't know there was more than one and he said adding an I/C will make a diff he guessed like 10whp is that true?? I hope not 10whp sounds really low but maby thats just me ep_nezay can you shed some light on this subject. Ohh and one last thing he had said that the new program is for anyone running an I/C or not so when you upgrade you don't have to send the emannage back to greddy. So confused all I know is that I drove in surfersi's car with the cn kit at 10lbs of boost and I want that kind of power he def has much more juice than I do. So I hope with the I/C and upping the boost I can be right there too. EP_nezay please let me know what you know about this.
Thanks,
Steve O

seattlecivic
05-11-2004, 12:51 AM
BUMP! This is a great thread :)

smilla0
05-11-2004, 04:59 PM

If it uses the Vortech Race BOV, it should fit. If it's the Vortech Mondo BOV, it probably won't. Check out this link:

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/products/aircomp.html

Perhaps they were just trying to sell you another BOV.

bgsteve523
05-11-2004, 05:01 PM
sorry for not updating I went without the vortech bov and found out the greddy type-s fits perfect so its all good now just have to solve my clutch prob.

smilla0
05-11-2004, 07:30 PM
Ah, that's good to know! I guess they made it for the Vortech Race version. According to the website, that's the one meant for smaller engines such as imports. I think the Mondo is meant for larger V-8s.

seattlecivic
05-11-2004, 11:05 PM
sorry for not updating I went without the vortech bov and found out the greddy type-s fits perfect so its all good now just have to solve my clutch prob.

I'm not trying to rip you off, but what are the prices on all of yours mods? I am planning on doing a similar setup with the GREDDY kit.