PDA

View Full Version : full coilover or hondata?

kpjumper
04-16-2004, 11:24 AM
i have had some tien s techs on for about 4000 miles now, and i was just wondering if i should buy a full coilover set or hondata? i only have enough money for one or the other

Makross
04-16-2004, 11:30 AM
HONDATA!

fsugatorbait
04-16-2004, 11:47 AM
Depends. Do you want your car to handle like its on rails or would you like the better overall driving experience with Hondata?

kpjumper
04-16-2004, 11:51 AM
i guess the question is whether or not i'll NEED to buy a new suspension. How long do stock shocks last on average?

Ep3 No.2
04-16-2004, 12:13 PM
it depends on what you want the over all purpose of your car to be.
hondata doesnt give that much power unless you have i/h/e. depending on what coil overs your ride might be to harsh for dailing driving. its all up to you man.

bobdobbs
04-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Is your car bouncy over bumps? If so, your shocks are not doing their job and need to be replaced. If you're happy with your ride, drive until it gets bad and get Hondata now.

halos02Si
04-16-2004, 12:21 PM
well i was in your position a couple of weeks ago....but i ended up going with the D2 coilovers....i guess i just wanted the stiffer ride before i went with hondata....but my next mod is HONDATA :D

but like bob said....if your car is bouncy then i think your gonna save yourself a lot more money in the long run if you just fix your suspension now rather than worry about it later when you have to change everything and theres no money...hope my rambling helped a bit ;)

-breandly

kpjumper
04-16-2004, 12:37 PM
yeah, nice inputs. i think you are right, i'll just have to go with a better suspension and have to wait on hondata. damn, i want hondata hella bad, ohwell. my right is kinda bouncy over bumps and when ever i go over pot holes, it bottoms out. or i could just win the lottery and buy both! sike.

how are those d2's coming along??

fsugatorbait
04-16-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by kpjumper

Today is the last day for the group buy.

EDIT: Just re-read the thread, id contact them. It says it ends on tues. the 13th but below the pic they say "We hope for this buy to close on the 26th and orders will ship then"

kpjumper
04-16-2004, 12:45 PM
really??? who can i contact about the d2's and do you think they are worth buying???

fsugatorbait
04-16-2004, 12:52 PM
Here ya go, the last page has some pics from members who have already gotten them.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=33069

And here is bioevolve's thread after he got his...

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=35195

HTH. :cool:

Ep3 No.2
04-16-2004, 12:53 PM
urban import just had a great group buy on em. 750 shipped but now that the group buy is over i saw them selling the coilovers for 1000 on ebay :eek:

fsugatorbait
04-16-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Ep3 No.2
...but now that the group buy is over...

It says that they hope to continue orders till the 26th below the 1st pic.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=33069

BlairSpeed
04-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Hondata vs. coilovers, thats a tough decision. If I was you, I'd get Hondata. Its really supposed to make the car more responsive and give it you a better driving experience. I think your suspension can hold out for alil longer. ;)

kpjumper
04-16-2004, 01:52 PM
OH WELLS, I JUST ORDERED A SET OF D2 COILOVERS. 775 SHIPPED! CANT WAIT FOR THEM

fsugatorbait
04-16-2004, 02:00 PM
OH WELLS, I JUST ORDERED A SET OF D2 COILOVERS. 775 SHIPPED! CANT WAIT FOR THEM

Good choice, IMO coilovers will make more of a difference than hondata. Let us know how you like them. :cool:

halos02Si
04-16-2004, 06:42 PM
yeah, nice inputs. i think you are right, i'll just have to go with a better suspension and have to wait on hondata. damn, i want hondata hella bad, ohwell. my right is kinda bouncy over bumps and when ever i go over pot holes, it bottoms out. or i could just win the lottery and buy both! sike.

i cant really say how much i like them so far because i have not installed them yet.....but other than that....if looks count them i LOVE THEM....but on a good note......im gonna be doing the install them tomorrow morning....ill snap some pics but wont be able to do a step by step tutorial.....but ill be sure to take before and after pics and some pics during the install....ill let you guys know how everything turns out. :)

-breandly

kpjumper
04-17-2004, 12:20 AM
nice, i just ordered mine today and cant wait. looking forward to some pics!

civic hatch boi
04-17-2004, 12:49 AM
i think you made the right choiec... recently i've been hearing hondata is a waste.