PDA

View Full Version : my car is tieght I want it loose.

siver-SI
04-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Right now my EP is tight in the turns, but I want it more loose. I have the sportline drop with OEM sturts. What I am trying to find out what I need to do is find the parts that will allow me to do that. I love a loose car that is how I setup my race cars, but my parts on my races car are mandated from what I can use, and I can not be changing out my springs depending on road tempatures. I just want to get my front to turn better and if it has to get the rear end to slid a little.

Incase you have no idea what I am talking about please watch Days of Thunder. :)

Thanks,

VNlilMAN
04-16-2004, 04:13 PM
you want it loose? bro, dont you know.. tighter is better ;)

ATRIOT
04-16-2004, 04:40 PM
Loose is usually easier though.

ConeCrazy02
04-16-2004, 05:09 PM
I think they used the term loose for the car and not the suspension. I suggest setting a neutral car, because if you daily drive this car, it will be a nightmare once the road becomes slick.

2fastcivic
04-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
Loose is usually easier though.

how much looser do you want it b/c the ep is waaayyy to loose already.

amctmg
04-16-2004, 05:17 PM
2 options tire pressure or sway bar. A thicker rear sway bar will loosen up your car, Also dropping your tire pressure in the rear can loosen you up a little or you could try braking a little later that sometimes works

ATRIOT
04-16-2004, 05:19 PM
Im misunderstood. :rolleyes: :D

siver-SI
04-16-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by ConeCrazy02
I think they used the term loose for the car and not the suspension. I suggest setting a neutral car, because if you daily drive this car, it will be a nightmare once the road becomes slick.

I guess you are right. I just want the front to turn better. It pushes from the center off. If I go in just a little to fast that thing will push horrable going into a turn. I just want to car to corner nice.

I guess I love a lose car. If you think the EP is loose go drive a race car most a dirt track car. Right now I am working on getting my self a V8 dirt track car just because I love the feeling of the rear end sliding out. The EP is way to tight for me right now. I was able to take a lot of body role out with the new springs and I know when I get the new shocks that will help too. I just need to get the car to turn better.

amctmg
04-16-2004, 05:25 PM
What for tires are you using?:confused:

glw
04-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI
I guess you are right. I just want the front to turn better. It pushes from the center off. If I go in just a little to fast that thing will push horrable going into a turn. I just want to car to corner nice.

I guess I love a lose car. If you think the EP is loose go drive a race car most a dirt track car. Right now I am working on getting my self a V8 dirt track car just because I love the feeling of the rear end sliding out. The EP is way to tight for me right now. I was able to take a lot of body role out with the new springs and I know when I get the new shocks that will help too. I just need to get the car to turn better.

get the crash bolts and add -2

siver-SI
04-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by amctmg
What for tires are you using?:confused:

Stock. :'(

siver-SI
04-16-2004, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by glw
[B]get the crash bolts and add -2

amctmg
04-16-2004, 05:44 PM
Falken azenis will turn your car into something you won't want to park

sticky rubber (http://vulcantire.com/)

amctmg
04-16-2004, 05:47 PM
Thanks. When I autoX I am going to have to mark the spot for road use and then just put the car to -2 for racing. When I get an alinement I will tell them to add as much - camber in as they car with trying to keep my tires good for everyday driving.

You don't want too much negative camber or you will not get good traction on the launch or under braking.

BlasTech
04-16-2004, 08:25 PM
A thicker rear sway bar will help turn-in, and an alignment, with some negative camber up front will aid in the follow-thru. That's all you can get. -2 camber is hardly noticeable on launches and braking unless you drag race.

glw
04-17-2004, 08:08 AM
Thanks. When I autoX I am going to have to mark the spot for road use and then just put the car to -2 for racing. When I get an alinement I will tell them to add as much - camber in as they car with trying to keep my tires good for everyday driving. i don't think this is a good idea (two setups). 1) your toe will be messed up at one or both of the setups and 2) i don't think the crash bolts are meant for contiual loosen/tighten process.

i have -2