PDA

View Full Version : Source for Axle Backs?

stockblack'03
04-16-2004, 07:34 PM
I'd like to upgrade the Exhaust on my EP and would like to start with an Axle back. I have listened to alot of the ex clips that are posted here and like the sound of the Borla and a few others. Looking for a good sound that's not too loud, but will give modest perfomance gains. I am adding an icebox next week, so I'll have the intake covered as well.

Where is a good source for axle backs ( don't want to do the full cat back yet ) and what are the prices you guys have been seeing? Thanks in advance.

Not stock for much longer.....

SB03

GrahamBo '02
04-16-2004, 07:40 PM
To get the most benefit you should get a Mid-pipe and an axle back. The only axle back I know is the Spoon N1, but I'm sure there are a few others.

Here's a link to the spoon stuff on Honda Werx:
http://www.hondawerx.com/Spoon/exhaust.htm

You could go for the TR1 Mid-Pipe, but @ $300 you may want to have one built by a local shop. Your call on that.

A&J is the only vendor I know with the TR1:
http://www.aj-racing.com/

HTH,
G

2pointslowEP3
04-16-2004, 08:42 PM
honestly..you should start w/ a bpipe/midpipe replacement!

amctmg
04-16-2004, 08:53 PM
replace the midpipe, your muffler is fine;)

David K.
04-16-2004, 09:50 PM
yup - muffler is fine on the ep. Midpipe is where it's at.

BTW - I'm selling my MBRP midpipe.:D

stockblack'03
04-17-2004, 05:16 AM
Thanks. I'm glad to hear this actually, 'cause I like the look of the OEM muffler. Will replacing the mid-pipe give me a deeper sound? Also, will it improve my power when combined with an intake? Where is the best place to get a new aftermarket mid-pipe?

Thanks again!

SB03

oogy-boogy
04-17-2004, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by stockblack'03
Thanks. I'm glad to hear this actually, 'cause I like the look of the OEM muffler. Will replacing the mid-pipe give me a deeper sound? Also, will it improve my power when combined with an intake? Where is the best place to get a new aftermarket mid-pipe?

Thanks again!

SB03

Basically, the OEM midpipe is the biggest weakpoint of the stock exhaust. The midpipe will indeed give you a deeper note - Like the SI should have sounded stock. Make sure to add an inline resonator to keep the raspyness down. You'll notice the mid/high end will feel much more responsive after adding it. Try your local shops first and get a Mandrel bent stainless steel midpipe priced out. Try not to go with crush bends or cheaper material (besides stainless as it will rust quickly) if possible.

:cool: