PDA

View Full Version : Takin her in on monday

whtep19
04-17-2004, 08:02 AM
I've finally decided to take my car to honda to have it looked at due to the constant tranny problems. Should I disconnect the battery before I take it in? I've heard that this resets the ECU so that they can't see how many times I've redlined, top speed, shit like that, right?

Mugen Power
04-17-2004, 09:32 AM
Are you talking about the notchy/grinding gears problem? If they do something about it or fix/replace it, let me know what dealer it is!

!@#$%
04-17-2004, 09:49 AM
i believe the only thing that can erase numbers and specs in your ecu will be a honda scan tool of some sort. Resetting the ecu isn't going to make anything go away.

dj addicted
04-17-2004, 09:50 AM
I dont think that is nessecary... the ECU only hold the last couple of minutes of not seconds. The only reason it records is so when you take it to honda, they can look and see what the last thing happened before the motor blew or something like that.

whtep19
04-17-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Mugen Power
Are you talking about the notchy/grinding gears problem? If they do something about it or fix/replace it, let me know what dealer it is!

Yes, I'm taking it to Burns Honda on monday so i'll keep you posted

htech
04-18-2004, 09:37 PM
is your check engine light on???? if it's not dont worry about it, if it is theres notthing u can do to clear it but a pgm-tester(scan-tool) o do u have honda tranny fluid on it or after market like racing oil or something like that cus that will matter and good luck getting it under warranty;)

whtep19
04-19-2004, 11:01 AM
honda clutch fluid I ope they fix the problem b/c if not i'm selling the car

Mugen Power
04-19-2004, 03:35 PM
So what's the verdict on your car?

whtep19
04-19-2004, 04:31 PM
I was supposed to take it this morning between 7-9 but i overslept and went to the shore instead so i had to reschedule but i'll keep u posted as to what happened