PDA

View Full Version : replacement strut!!!!

DTR
04-17-2004, 02:04 PM
i need to replace my rear drivers strut ASAP. Wheres the best/cheapest place to order a replacement(and im refering to online) THANX. im carless right now and im hurting :( :'(

chubbychu
04-17-2004, 02:31 PM
you could wait a little bit for the kyb aftermarket struts.

darkvibe
04-17-2004, 07:04 PM
If you are replacing only the one go to the dealer. If you are replacing all of them i'd wait for the agx. Koni yellow are available but people say they suck. I have no experience with the koni's.

K20A3Si
04-18-2004, 02:22 PM
i have the koni's...and no... they dont suck.

FCobra94
04-18-2004, 02:53 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that it's best to replace struts/shocks at the very least, in pairs; otherwise the balance of the car will probably feel awkward.

Someone in another thread had just one strut replaced when they were trying to work out a clunking problem they were having w/ their front end. The dealership he went to only replaced one strut and he said it made the car feel totally unbalanced. I'd assume the same w/ any other car, being that on one side of the car you'd have a new, unworn shock, while the other side probably has 5,000+ miles of wear on it...

Anyways, I'd check ebay for stock strut/shocks/springs. There are usually a few people selling the entire stock suspension set from '04 EP's for less than $200 :) But it sounds like you really can't wait that long so I'd also check out

www.manhonda.com/ap/

A few people on here have ordered through them before :)

Good luck!