PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Lense Tinting, anyone?

03CivicSi
04-17-2004, 06:26 PM
Hello ladies and gentlemans.. I have been wanting to somehow colour the bumper lenses. I think the whole amber thing throws of the colour scheme of the chrome,red, and black Si. So I was hoping to paint the front ones black and keep the rear's red and keep sidemarkers stock.
I was wondering, does anyone know any transparent black paint that will work? and maybe throw any tips this way if you know of any.

I saw one guy who painted them flat solid black, and he still had the stock working lights under and said they still shined through at night(idk?). But if they do that's pretty sweet... I want solid black colour to match the body, but I still want the lights to shine through, so I thought transparent paint would probably be the most obvious to work with. So if anyone could help me out there it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I was wondering if anyone thought the VHT nightshades would work on them? They are a coloured spray-on tint.. but I've never seen them in action.

Last thing, yes someone mentioned taking it to a shop and having them take out the lense and stuff, and plug it up from another car, and repaint.. but that's too custom and too much money for just cleaning up the front bumper, sorry heh nice idea though whoever it was

VtecBio009
05-03-2004, 01:02 AM
Smoke Lens Spray Paint (http://www.autodynamic.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=VA-3400) for $24.95

oogy-boogy
05-03-2004, 04:30 AM
Yupper......VHT is your answer. ~ $8.00 for a can and easy to use. All I can say is use extremely thin coats and experiment on something else first. It'll help to be familiar with the consistancy of the tint.

Here's my version..... :)
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMzM5MTYzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

BluezSi-nger
05-03-2004, 12:04 PM
That looks great. go for it.

03CivicSi
05-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Sweet, that looks real good. What kind of room did you do it in? Because I know spraying it on, when any dust particles come in contact it can leave that little non-painted spot, which is sometimes noticable.

Thanks

oogy-boogy
05-03-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by 03CivicSi
Sweet, that looks real good. What kind of room did you do it in? Because I know spraying it on, when any dust particles come in contact it can leave that little non-painted spot, which is sometimes noticable.

Thanks

Thanks guys :)

I did it in my garage. I just cleaned the crap out of the tails first using a good degreaser and not touching them afterwards (hands + natural oil = bad adhesion). I had them hanging by a wire so that they're easier to spin around when spraying.

HTH :)