PDA

View Full Version : Jus got an 02

JDMastaChief
04-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Yo wussup guys, as the title says i jus got a 02 si with 10k on it today. this is my second honda, i still have a 92 si right now. First off i have to say i luv the rpm range on my ep, its really fun to drive. Only thing i didn't like was no center console but i got use to it already. Oh and does n e one know if droppin it will void the certified warrenty? I think it will but i'm not sure.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid112/p2f73c6bbc4c30247f34b45f9bd500620/f8fa1255.jpg

skooba
04-17-2004, 10:08 PM
Legally, dropping it cannot void your entire warranty, but if you run into problems associated with suspension, they will most likely blame it on the springs, but if your radio stops working, thats still covered for example. How much did you pay for it?

JDMastaChief
04-18-2004, 08:53 AM
alright cool, cause right now it looks like a 4x4 minivan. I payed 15k.

ragebomb
04-26-2004, 02:01 PM
welcome aboard. man, you bought a new 02 in april of 04? wow, was that car sitting on the lot for a while or what? i bought my 02 in dec 02, and i figured it was on the lot for about a year at that time...

esmith13
04-26-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by skooba
Legally, dropping it cannot void your entire warranty, but if you run into problems associated with suspension, they will most likely blame it on the springs, but if your radio stops working, thats still covered for example. How much did you pay for it?

If you want to get "technical"... You should also check your state's inspection laws too. "Technically" in PA, ANY mods to ride height and you should fail state inspection - although I NEVER heard of anyone failing for it. In PA by the letter of the law if a vehicle is tested for inspection and ANYTHING is not witihin manufacturer tolerances you are supposed to fail.

Not nit picking - just being "technical" like you were...

Eric

pLopSI
04-26-2004, 02:41 PM
awesome, good to have u on the board. 15k seems a lil steep for a 02 SI w/ 10k miles. O well... u got one! lol.

Dropping will not void warranty unless u blow ur struts/shocks or wuteva. But check into ur state laws. In MA here, a drop lower than 2" from stock is supposedly illegal, yet i haven't heard anyone not passing inspection because of that reason.

oogy-boogy
04-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Welcome...

Like others have stated, dropping it will only affect the suspention part of the warranty. All other areas will still be covered (trust me on this :o ).

Adubb
04-27-2004, 12:06 AM
welcome to the board! Where u from? Your thing says H-town, where's that?

cya

JDMastaChief
04-30-2004, 10:24 PM
thanks for the welcome. H-town=Houston, I'm in texas. Since its only my daily driver i jus wanna lower it a lil bit and get sum volks and i'd be happy.