PDA

View Full Version : Plastic pieces suck!!!!!

wills02si
10-12-2002, 10:50 AM
I jus changed out my intake today, and everythin was going fine, til i got to the smaller hose that connects to the intake.
Didnt relize the other end going to the engine where the main hose to the radiator also connects to this, anyway what i thought was goin to be a small easy project, is gonna cost me an extra $100, plus labor, because the plastic piece connects to somethin larger, of course they dont jus sell the plastic piece even though it looks like it would easily unscrew off!
Well sorry to bore everyone, but if anyone else ran into this problem let me know!
:'(

02blksi
10-12-2002, 11:26 AM
im sorry im still trying to understand what you are talking about??????? Are you trying to install a CAI or SRI? Is the radiator hose in your way??!?!?! I'll help you out if you can maybe explain it a little better? and what piece is going to cost you 100????? --joe

myeverlovinsir
10-12-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by wills02si
I jus changed out my intake today, and everythin was going fine, til i got to the smaller hose that connects to the intake.
Didnt relize the other end going to the engine where the main hose to the radiator also connects to this, anyway what i thought was goin to be a small easy project, is gonna cost me an extra $100, plus labor, because the plastic piece connects to somethin larger, of course they dont jus sell the plastic piece even though it looks like it would easily unscrew off!
Well sorry to bore everyone, but if anyone else ran into this problem let me know!
:'(

do you mean the breather hoses, they should fit in nicely, I did this install in an hour and have been happy with it. I think you are refering to the rad temp gauge on one of the breather hoses coming from the engine. I you think you need someone else to do this work for you, please refer to the CAI install on this site.CAI install (http://www.ephatch.com/projects/aemcoldair.htm)

Hope this helps.

myeverlovinsir
10-12-2002, 11:37 AM
Ok wills,

I think I know what you are talking about, you will need to go to a hardware store to get a mating connector for this fit. Just do it yourself, no need to pay $100

I forgot I had to go to pick one up to mate it up with the rad sensor, until i got the connecting pipe, it drove it without that attached, it will slip over the existing connection without it. I put it back on after I got the dual ended connection plactic pipe. You can get this at any hardware store. (grey Plastic plumbers connection pipe) I forget what the exact size was but 3/4 inch seems familiar. Hope this helps you.

wills02si
10-12-2002, 12:10 PM
It is a regular intake not cold air, i was jus unaware of the part being plastic and i broke it in such a way that it has to be replaced. The hose im talkin bout is the smaller hose not the one going to the valve cover.
The smaller hose connects to a plastic tube that has some kind of spring in it, u can see the spring from the break in the piece.
Anyway long story short i already spoke yo one of the techs at honda, he said he could most likely jus replace the plastic piece and it wont cost me but $10, but unfortunately i will still have to buy the whole part that the piece attaches to.

wills02si
10-13-2002, 03:36 PM
My check engine also came on, i assume it came on because of the broke piece, as a temporary fix i put some electrical tape to seal the hole, well after i did this i got in my car last night to go to work and the check engine light went off.
Even though i sealed the hole off, the problem still exists, why would the check engine light go out, do i really need that connection there or did the ecu jus adjust to the new intake?

DynaSpeed
10-14-2002, 06:03 AM
I'm so confused.

If you would like to post pics of what you are talking about, I think you would get a better response.

wills02si
10-14-2002, 06:32 PM
Dont worry bout it, problem has already been solved.

Thanks anyway! :D