PDA

View Full Version : Questions and need answered

k20hatch
04-18-2004, 12:41 PM
Alright i have a video of a Jackson Racing Super Charged Integra. Alright he has a front mount intercooler which somone explained to me was called a aftercooler on supercharged cars. The thing i wanna kno is how is the aftercooler is ran from the supercharger. And also i did notice the SC Integra Was Blowing Off, and he did mention they ran a blow off valve on the Integra. Wouldnt if have to run somewhere off the intercooler? I just wanna kno more how the intercooler and blowoff vavle is used on a supercharged car? Thanks for all your help ephatch!

mrfixit687
04-18-2004, 04:14 PM
he probably has a votech supercharger, are you for sure its a jackson racing one?

k20hatch
04-18-2004, 05:59 PM
Heres the video. Its the first Red Integra on the dyno. Later on in the video you can hear him blowing off.

VIDEO (http://cs.widener.edu/~epanek/Nov%2022%20dyno%20day.mpg)

Im not exactly sure if its the JRSC or not. But couldnt you do the same thing with both? Come on supercharger guys help me out. Im trying to learn the supercharger.

swampdonkey
04-18-2004, 08:41 PM
An aftercooler is just what people call an intercooler when associating it with a supercharger. They are the same thing. A blowoff valve is not usually neccesary on a supercharger becasue air stops being compressed as soon as the throttle as closed. Thats because there is a direct relationship between crank and the compressor on a supercharger.

02SilverSiHB
04-18-2004, 09:03 PM
most likely a vortech supercharger...if not, then a highly modified jrsc with an intercooler...very rare and hard to do, I've seen it done though

mrfixit687
04-18-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by swampdonkey
An aftercooler is just what people call an intercooler when associating it with a supercharger. They are the same thing. A blowoff valve is not usually neccesary on a supercharger becasue air stops being compressed as soon as the throttle as closed. Thats because there is a direct relationship between crank and the compressor on a supercharger.

this is true when its a jackson racing one, but the vortech one is like a turbo except belt driven, so thats why u can use a bov with a vortech

swampdonkey
04-19-2004, 01:09 PM
A vortech supercharger is still driven from the crank...so when you let off the gas....the compressor slows at the same rate as RPMS. So the principle should hold true regaurdless of how you are compressing the air. In a turbo, boost does not stop being produced as soon as you let off the gas...that is why you need a BOV, but with a supercharger that isn't true...even a vortech supercharger. It stops boosting when you let off the gas.

Now I think you CAN put a BOV on a supercharged car, but I don't think it helps with the operation at all.