PDA

View Full Version : Woo Freakin Hoo I put my springs on

Mikie2
04-18-2004, 01:41 PM
Hi all, After reading hondamans how-to page and all the associated links, i got the tools ya'll suggested and went at it yesterday. I finished them today!!!!!! I didn't pay close enough attention to the warnings about the driveshafts.....so a 4-5 hr job became 7 hrs of hell one day, 3 hrs the next, but I have them on, Ive been driving quite a bit this afternoon and I don't hear any pops or anythinig else to give me worry. My cool little gold colored car just got cooler! Anyways, jsut wanted to post a success, and to say thanks to yall who shared the info.

Also a few shots of it after I finished
http://homepage.mac.com/mikie2/mikie/done/index.htm
Thanks again
Mike

PS The those who wanna try this, it can be done, not too dificult. Get the right tools, study on it, then use patience as a rule...
BUT IF YOU LET YOUR DRIVESHAFT FALL OUT YOU WILL REGRET EVER STARTING THIS PROJECT!!!!! But it can be worked thru, but when u ask how long will it take to get the driveshaft back in, the answer is "eventually"....and thats a scary way to fly if you gotta be somewhere monday morning lol

darkvibe
04-18-2004, 02:08 PM
What is the offset of the wheels you have on there?

looking good. i love the color of the car by the way.

Mikie2
04-18-2004, 02:25 PM
Sorry man, no clue what the offset is, the first owner of the car put them on there. If someone can tell me how and what to go measure I'd be more than happy to pass it along.

And thanks on the color thumbs up. too me it makes a great little car
that much more fun and original.

slicksilver
04-19-2004, 11:35 AM
Hey man car looks great:) ...Whats the drop on those?

Mikie2
04-19-2004, 01:48 PM
Thanks Slick ;) I havent done much to the car other than the springs and an Injen CAI...well i did take the gdamn pinstripin and the ivtec stickers off.
Those are Eibach Sportlines, and its a 1.5 inch drop (1.4 in the rear if i remember right)

00002SiR
04-19-2004, 02:31 PM
I did the same thing but we luckily poped the back in, i swear its like winning the lottery