PDA

View Full Version : easy to open our hoods?

one2chi
04-18-2004, 08:49 PM
i heard from a really sketchy guy who works at the local "best buy" that its really eazy to open our hoods, and that the first mod i should have done to my car was change the grille so it's harder to reach in and undo the latch....anyone else hear anythign about this?

the JigGa mAn
04-18-2004, 08:50 PM
no...but i wouldnt let that guy anywhere near my car now....becareful of him

estebones
04-18-2004, 09:08 PM
With my last car (a 96 sedan) I had a ctr grill but I took the cheap chickenwire screen that goes in the gap, well, I came home one sunday night after a weekend of partying to find my car on small cindeblocks, hood popped and my whole engine bay had been raped.
header = gone
cam gear = gone
neuspeed suspension bar = gone
AEM Intake - gone
hell they even tried to get my valve cover.
(somebody put soe time and planning ito this...)

I would think that the only way to prevent anyone from getting into your engine bay would be to get one of those grills that have a very small air inlet, other than that its just a matter of playing with it until anyone learns to pop your hood. IMO.

Si4U2NV
04-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by one2chi
i heard from a really sketchy guy who works at the local "best buy" that its really eazy to open our hoods, and that the first mod i should have done to my car was change the grille so it's harder to reach in and undo the latch....anyone else hear anythign about this?

i used to work for best buy and i can ASSURE you....

EVERYONE that workz their is sketchy...

fiberglass your grill up... no problems :winkm:

dont live in fear... but stay away from trouble...

-Mike

4g63dsm
04-18-2004, 10:38 PM
really? i was just about to have my alarm installed there this week.

4g63dsm
04-18-2004, 10:40 PM
btw just put a razor blade near the hood latch, and in the side behind your cd deck. So if they try to jack it they are fucked.

the JigGa mAn
04-18-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by 4g63dsm
btw just put a razor blade near the hood latch, and in the side behind your cd deck. So if they try to jack it they are fucked.

what if you wanna open your hood?

glw
04-18-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by one2chi
i heard from a really sketchy guy who works at the local "best buy" that its really eazy to open our hoods, and that the first mod i should have done to my car was change the grille so it's harder to reach in and undo the latch....anyone else hear anythign about this? why not go outside and take a look at your car? iifc those holes are way too small for my fingers.

but if a crook really wants your car - he'll get it no matter what you do.

Skunk2ner
04-18-2004, 11:58 PM
locking hoodpins baby :cool:

Ep3 No.2
04-19-2004, 01:44 AM
what kind of locking hood pins ?

Skunk2ner
04-19-2004, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Ep3 No.2
what kind of locking hood pins ?

mr. gasket locking hood pins (http://www.prostreetonline.com/pso/pages/details.asp?productsku=MRG-1472)

Ep3 No.2
04-19-2004, 02:10 AM
doesnt it rust up where the key goes in ?

Si4U2NV
04-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by 4g63dsm
really? i was just about to have my alarm installed there this week.

hehe nah, they'll do u right... i just fuckin hated my supervisor and mangers points of view... "SELL SELL SELL, doesnt matter what THEY want, TELL them what they NEED, blah blah BS"

...brainwashing assholes...

They do good work in the car bay tho... :winkm:

-Mike

dtexan
04-19-2004, 10:12 AM
I thought there was some type of cable locking mechanism for hoods I guess it locks from below. Any ideas?

Hatchtastic
04-19-2004, 10:57 AM
I didnt know plastic was the new strongest material. I would take a hammer or even my fist and make that bi@tch fit my fingers. If a thief wants it he will find a way to get it. I say get a good alarm. Not much else you can do without a garage.

Si4U2NV
04-19-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Hatchtastic
I say get a good alarm. Not much else you can do without a garage.

i say get a good gun.

-Mike

PS- Razor blade idea soundz good too... cut those bastards to shredz... yummy... THEIF BLOOD... :smilem:

kpjumper
04-19-2004, 11:40 AM
yeah, i have those locking hood pins and they are awesome. The look is hella clean. i do recommend buying those all though it was a pain to install, but well worth it.

aZnjCC
04-19-2004, 12:20 PM
you dont' even need to go thru the grill to pop ur hood. go thru the wheelwell liner and there's the hood pop wire.

at least this is how it was on the older hondas, don 'know if Honda finally relocated the wire.

4g63dsm
04-19-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Si4U2NV
i say get a good gun.

-Mike

PS- Razor blade idea soundz good too... cut those bastards to shredz... yummy... THEIF BLOOD... :smilem: dude forget a gun no theif or car is worth life in prison