PDA

View Full Version : cybernation questions

k20ASi
04-19-2004, 10:39 AM
i am going to buy the cybernation stage 1 turbo kit in the next month. some Questions are how long and difficult is the installation i am thinking about doing the install but am not sure how difficult this would be to do in my garage. i have all the tools you need unless ther are special tools needed. I will have a few days to do it so installing it in 1 day is not a problem. Also does anyone have the new gardian?
Also at the age of 17 i think i will be the youngest turbo si owner
(no help from momy or dady ether) i make 10$ a hour and with no bills just car paments its not to hard to save money.
Any Info would be greatly appreciated.

Tenacious G
04-19-2004, 10:43 AM
try PMing EPhatchGirl. she has the cybernation kit and installed it herself.

VBSI
04-27-2004, 08:06 AM
(no help from momy or dady ether)

I assume since you have no other payments you live at home, so...

(no help from momy or dady ether)

Is a false statement. $10 an hour...how cute. I remember those days.

I would leave the install to a trained professional when it comes to the Cybernation turbo. Have you seen the parts for that thing. EPhatchGirl has bigger balls than many of us...including me, because I wouldn't try it.

specialblend154
04-27-2004, 09:23 PM
i hate my fucking job... im 20 and you make the same as me. well its safe to say ive had more sex with hot chicks then you, hahah! im cool:D :cool: :eek:

skooba
04-27-2004, 09:29 PM
work at a restaraunt if you can tolerate people.

i get around $20/hour tax free. and it works out great with my class schedule

EPHatchgirl
04-27-2004, 09:46 PM
Hey-
I worked on my turbo kit on weekends and evenings over a week and a half in a shed that barely fit my car. The workspace wasn't ideal, and I know that slowed my progress quite a bit. The kit is not hard if you have experience installing other car components. Let me know if you have questions after you get started. I needed lots of wrenches, some screwdrivers, wire crimpers..... REAL basic stuff. :)

ATRIOT
04-27-2004, 09:49 PM
Wow thats awesome, your so hardcore! a shed + hardley any tools + a turbo kit = Boosted EP in a week. Thats nuts!

pimp02
04-28-2004, 02:35 AM
i,m installing mine myself and i,m no pro,just a backyard mechanic.the only special tools you need are a gasget breaker(to separate oil pan from engine)i used a hooked shaped paint scraper,but you have to be careful not to gouge pan or engine block.then a ball joint remover would help but isn't totally necasary,it's so you can drop front subframe all the way out instead of dropping one side then other side.honda shaped their susspension arm just right so you have to buy balljoint remover from them(160.00$)i did just to have it.it's actually a fun install if you take your time and are in no hurry,otherwise you might make some mistakes.i almost sripped out a thread in the head becouse of a fittment issue that should be fine now,i guess the header flange was touching the v-tec so one bolt would start to cross thread(the one by v-tec solenoid)so i made hole a little bigger to one side.i was lucky the crossed thread tapped out ok.another thing i found in shop manual that you normally would'nt know about is you supposed to replace header bolts and subframe bolts once taken out(they stretch when put in,so honda says).also you have to get bov welded onto intercooler pipeing(at least i did)i had mine done for 60.00$.realy it's kind of like building a r/c car it's just bigger.read insructions thoroughly take your time research anything your not sure about and you should be fine.club rsx has a cybernation question thread or you can call them.i'm waiting for gardian to finish my install so i can skip a couple install steps and it's safer/self tuning.if in hurry i'd have a shop do it but be careful who you take it to,even some of them can be careless.goodluck