PDA

View Full Version : a2 head a3 bottum

LiLxKeNnY
04-19-2004, 02:25 PM
how efficent is the a2 head ... im very curious as to how the a3 will perform with the a2 head ... any comments will b good

Tenacious G
04-19-2004, 02:41 PM
try PMing myeverlovinsir ... he's got this set up. he seems pleased with it so far.

Siman
04-20-2004, 03:55 PM
This is what MyeverlovinSIr sent me:
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=15073&perpage=15&highlight=head%20swap&pagenumber=4

Jonathan,From what I have seen and tried on this block, it's more than capable of
handling 9K but only if you have the A2 head. I seem to recall there was a
thead about you being the first one to have the A2 head and how you were not
going to share info about it. I beat you to it and many others but still
think your in good stead with doing it. I have no regrets and think that if
most could, they would do it. Finding it for a reasonable price is half the
battle.

I asked him this:
"so you are saying that the base A3 block, crank bearings/crank rods/pistons from what you have seen/heard are nearly 9,000 rpm capable huh? that

Siman
04-20-2004, 03:59 PM
I havnt heard from my friend with the head at all, i think he is in jail for stealing some cars off of a used car lot LMAO...thats what he gets!

I dont know WHERE his car is either!

But the head swap is a very easy and very reliable swap to do....I am going to just by a short or long block for less than 1000 if possible and build up a totally new motor! all type-r top end and hella strong balanced bottem end so i dont have the extra rotational weight from our balance shafts!

but it aint going to happen until the sommer, i will see how it goes then;)

axis62002
04-24-2004, 01:11 AM
im most impressed with the a3 a2 set up, i have type r pistons and the a2 head and finally got my ecu back with the k pro hondata, 8500
is the red line and my car rippssssss! I sound of vtech is refreshing
and i have about 1000 miles on my car and and no problems at this point, this set up was worth it and now this average si has some serious balls! i like that the tach goes above 8000 rpm. when vtech hits is puts you back in your seat. This was a minimal investment and 100% satisfied!

Smforward012
05-02-2004, 05:39 PM
Has Anyone actually done it??i'm looking forward to doing that also...planning on gettin the whole toda engine kit..pistons, cams, headgasket and it all..from the way i am lookin at it my compression ratio should be about 12 9....if ur curious look at it urself......... www.todaracing.com
any ideas...i'm planning on doing all this next month...im still tryin to break in my 04 civic si...i got 2600 miles on it....

Gearhead Geek
05-04-2004, 03:02 PM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36631

if you need any info feel free to pm me ;)