PDA

View Full Version : Roller Coaster 72 hours with new '04 EP3

dsj
04-19-2004, 03:33 PM
What a crazy 72 hours. Here's my story. I picked up my new black 04 Friday evening. I had 48 hours of EP3 bliss! Then, Sunday night at about 10 I glanced out the window into my apartment's parking lot, and I noticed something that didn't look right. A silver Jetta was parked suspiciously close to my passenger side. Considering I parked at the other end of the parking lot to avoid most of the cars, I was a little irritated and something told me to go look.

As I walked up to my car, I was expecting to see a small ding or scratch on the door from the jetta's front door, but what I found sent me into complete shock - a golf ball size dent right behind the door on the crease along the fender, with a silver scratch about one inch wide and 1 1/2 inches long! The moron had swung open their rear door hard enough to make a dent about 3/4 inch deep! And she didn't even bother to move her car to try to hide what she did!:mad:

I won't repeat the words that came out of my mouth, or the thoughts that crossed my mind. I wanted so badly to fight, yell, or smash something! The car was only 48 hours old!!! After my wife calmed me down a little, I pulled out the rear speaker to see if I could push out the dent. I managed to work it out somewhat so that at least it was just a depression rather than a deep dent.

This morning I called the dent wizard, and they mentioned that my dealer was one of their locations. I called the service dept, and they said I could bring it in for an estimate, and then schedule an appt for a repair. Not satisfied with that, I called my salesman, and to my surprise, he said that with my new car purchase I get one free dent repair! He then told me the dent wizard guy would be in for a few more hours and set me up for a instant appointment.

Within twelve hours of the horror of finding my car dented, the damage was gone! Let me say that guy was incredible. He smoothed the fender crease and fixed the dent so well, my coworkers couldn't find it. He was even apologetic at the ever-so-slight ripple that was left - honestly, you cant even tell it was a dent, if you look very closely, it just looks like a minor ripple in the mirror finish of the paint. If you have a dent, I highly recommend the dent wizzard - their work is unbelievable.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent and get this off my chest.

Later.

ATRIOT
04-19-2004, 03:42 PM
Come on, fess up... What did you do to the Jetta in return?

04SI27893
04-20-2004, 06:12 AM
just make a nail magically appear under the tire,ppppppppphhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiisssssssssssss, slow leak maybe...na dont do that and i am sorry to hear that, i would be pissed, oh well water over the dam, 04si27893:mad:

Btrthnezr3
04-20-2004, 06:29 AM
Damn I'm so sorry about all that drama. Congrats on getting it fixed and on owning one great car!! :D ;)

skooba
04-20-2004, 07:32 AM
Man, if I were you, I would have sat in my car until the jetta driver came out. Then I would explain the story to him/her. If they didn't do anything, I would break every window in that car and pour paint all over the interior. I hate people who scratch other people's shit and don't do anything about it.

dsj
04-20-2004, 02:21 PM
Everything from popping tires to smashing windows to trying to put my boot right through the drivers door crossed my mind. Fortunately, my wife kept me calm (somewhat), and I didn't escalate the situation. From now on, I am parking between my wife's car and our neighbor. I do plan on saying something to the girl who drives that jetta.

By the way, I love my EP3!

i-vtec04si
04-20-2004, 02:29 PM
so how much does dent wizzard usually charge??

dsj
04-20-2004, 02:50 PM
I think they charge around $100 for minor dents and $150 - $200 or more for the bigger/more difficult dents. Since mine was on the crease along the fender, I guess it would have been more expensive. They access the sheetmetal from underneath and use various tools with rollers on them that work the metal out. To get at mine, he pulled the rear speaker grill and speaker, and was able to reach in behind the panel.

None of my friends or coworkers can even find the where the dent was. In fact, some can't even see the ripple when I point it out to them. Dent Wizard's work is top notch.

minileedxr
04-29-2004, 07:42 PM
I FEEL YOU MAN. I'VE GOT SO MANY DINGS AND STRATCHES FROM OTHER CARS. YOU CAN'T AVOID IT. PARK FAR AWAY OR CLOSE IT'S GONNA HAPPEN. I GET THEM TOO, WELCOME TO THE CLUB ;) IT SUCKS, I KNOW.
GLAD TO HEAR YOU GOT IT FIXED FOR FREE THOUGH!!!

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-29-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by minileedxr
I FEEL YOU MAN. I'VE GOT SO MANY DINGS AND STRATCHES FROM OTHER CARS. YOU CAN'T AVOID IT. PARK FAR AWAY OR CLOSE IT'S GONNA HAPPEN. I GET THEM TOO, WELCOME TO THE CLUB ;) IT SUCKS, I KNOW.
GLAD TO HEAR YOU GOT IT FIXED FOR FREE THOUGH!!!

see that button to the left of the "A" key on your keyboard? hit it.

minileedxr
04-29-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
see that button to the left of the "A" key on your keyboard? hit it.

You don't like my caps??? :(