PDA

View Full Version : I was wondering...

Adubb
04-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Sup everyone.. Ya know how it is when you have a loooooooong day at work and you're just exhausted, and on the way home, you have no tunes goin, it's just you driving down the road thinking? well, that's how it was tonight.. anyway.. I was wondering.. When i bought my car, could i have special ordered one w/ the rsx motor in it? since the motors come from the same place anyways? if so, how much more would that have been? cya

Adam

ATRIOT
04-19-2004, 04:07 PM
No they dont do that sort of thing.

1flySi2002
04-19-2004, 04:26 PM
thats what a swap is for.;)

emosubaru
04-19-2004, 04:27 PM
wow... while i'm quite sure no mass production car company would ever do something like that(how important is one sale to a company that makes thousands upon thousands of sales a year? ferrari it's different, but honda... no) i had a similar thought the other day-

could you possibly order and acura with the opposite color interior than it's supposed to be?

for example, the dark grey interior does not come with the taffeta white, but as we all know taffeta white/dark interior would be insanely nice.

i think that's a more reasonable request, and if i'm ever in a position where i want to buy a car like that i think i'll ask if they can see what they can do.

ATRIOT
04-19-2004, 04:45 PM
These cars are mass-produced. They are not made to order but already built and waiting in a holding lot or on a ship somewhere. A Factory would have to stop the production line (big money losses) to do something of this sort. It just wont happen in this day and age.

Adubb
04-19-2004, 04:52 PM
hmm.. i see now.. That's cool.. I'm glad you all said no.. or else i'd go shoot myself! hehe:D

But i'm sure that if you offered enough money, they'd do it! Everything has a price tag! ;)

GatorBait.
04-19-2004, 05:00 PM
Yeah, everything has a price tag, but for what they would charge you, you could get a much better car..

1flySi2002
04-19-2004, 05:01 PM
no i dont think they would do it even if you offered money, that is what an after market interior place if for.

k20hatch
04-19-2004, 06:03 PM
Haha now THAT my friend would have been a SAWEET option! But i guess ill stick with my mudflaps and sunroof visor...:)

dofu
04-19-2004, 06:24 PM
i dont doubt that a dealer will actually turn those requests down... as long as you have the money to have them do this extra work for you, i dont see why they would'nt do it for you... at least with the interiors, you can buy a whole new interior and have them install and sell them back your original set as used

SilverEpInDc
04-19-2004, 06:30 PM
I think that would be a cool option but I cant see a dealer doing it

Jay H
04-19-2004, 06:43 PM
I agree that Honda would never do such a thing from the factory. The manufactures that do these types of 'special wishes' are the smaller manufactures like Porsche and Ferrari where they have completely separate sections of the factory set aside for special customer cars.

Honda isn't set up for that type of stuff due to the reasons mentioned above. Nice thought though!

Jay

Mugen Power
04-19-2004, 07:11 PM
I doubt the thing with the motors would fly but the interior color choices definitely can, it's just that Honda (and others) won't. As an example, you can get the S2000 in Japan in ANY COLOR COMBINATION YOU LIKE, regardless of how nasty it looks. You can order up an Imola Orange S2000 with a Suzuka Blue interior and blue soft top if that's what floats your boat. I don't know about any other models, though. Granted, the numbers produced for that car is still relatively small, especially since Honda isn't that big in Japan, but it still is considred a mass-produced car. Once again, the Japanese automakers are keeping all the goodies for themselves, not that I want that color combination I stated above.

Peking
04-19-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by dofu
i dont doubt that a dealer will actually turn those requests down... as long as you have the money to have them do this extra work for you, i dont see why they would'nt do it for you... at least with the interiors, you can buy a whole new interior and have them install and sell them back your original set as used

Yeah, there are dealers who would love to do that kind of work for you ;) And charge you crazy money for it too :D

Good dealer down the road from me is called South Honda (Scott aka YssSI used to be the performance parts manager there), did aftermarket installs. When folks OEM clutches go out, they would give the option for a aftermarket clutch just for a example :cool:

Ep3 No.2
04-19-2004, 10:27 PM
only in our dreams that would happen.

but then again if that did happen everyone would have a k20a2 motor.
nothing unique about that.

VividDreams
04-19-2004, 11:33 PM
by "option" i think he meant like how the Accord has a V-6 Option, as in, its integrated into the assembly process.

Anyway, if they did that for our cars, how would they sell the RSX-S?

If Honda sold the Ep3 here with a K20A2 option, it would probably be our Type R